Closed Thread
Page 3 of 105 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Oops hit the wrong button!

Anyway sis got pregnant after a couple of months. If you haven't already please try a naturopath. At your age there's ought to be a few things that'd make a difference? Where are you?
    there are some really good fertility naturopaths in Melb.

I have a Skype with Dr NK in over a wk and am still working on the form to be sent to serum. In the meantime my FS is doing one last ivf cycle. This is a natural cycle as I am a poor responder to meds. We'll see how it goes.

Good luck with the tests and let us know how it all goes. I'll keep you guys posted as well xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Laiylabelle - it's great that Penny is looking into other options for you, she really does believe donor eggs is a last resort. I sometimes wonder with this fertility caper whether we all have the ability to get the golden egg, it's just a matter of seeing the right Practitioner who happens to identify our particular non-main****** issue. Problem is, there are so many practitioners and so many non-main****** issues!

I am a huge fan of Penny and Serum, but it is SO important to be comfortable with the clinic you choose, Serum and Embryoland are both good and you should pick the one that is totally right for you. I'm a believer in going with your gut :-) Maybe try and identify why your head and heart are saying different things, it may be that your heart is influenced by the number of contributors on this site that have been to E'land and that gives you comfort. You might like to research the site 'fertility friends' in the UK - you'll get tonnes of info on Serum there. But equally, maybe your head is resonating more with Serum at the moment only because you haven't yet discussed with Dr K any options other than donor eggs. He sounds pretty accommodating so no doubt he would be happy to discuss it with you. Then when you've explored both sides with both clinics, hopefully your head and heart will land on the one clinic. If you need further info on the clinics you could also PM people on this thread and see if they're up for a chat about the clinic they used (I'm happy to talk about my experiences at Serum if that would be helpful). Sometimes a chat is so much better than the written word. Good luck :-)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default After op

Hi ladies, Thanks for your well wishes. The op went well. Some minor endo. Wazza recommended i get on Zolodex sooner rather than later. I need to take it anyway to synchro my cycle with the donor - so I will run it past Ruth. It was also discovered i had quite a large pollup in my uterus - size of FS thumb... this was never detected before and could have been the cause of some issues, so that has been removed. Also have a fibroid but FS was not too concerned with its position as it shound not impact implantation. Wazza also took numerous swabs and did a pap smear in the process. Apart from all that, the procedure was a breeze...

However... the post operative pain i am experiencing from the gas they use to inflate your belly during the laparoscopy is the WORST pain i have ever experienced in my life. Very cruel pain. Reason I'm on the forum now is that I'm in so much chest and shoulder pain and am finding it difficult to sleep... even after taking numerous painkillers!!! The pain is supposed to go away within two days... so bring on Saturday!!!

At least I can now rest easy knowing everything is 'in order' so to speak - pending results from all the swabs. DH got his FISH test results back yesterday. He was not within recommended limits. He needed to have a result between 3 and 9. He was an 11 but Wazza believes there is no need to consider donor sperm at this stage... He has recommended DH use ice packs a lot in the cycle before treatment. That sounds like fun...

All of our tests are done now. Next stop Greece. I have noticed flight prices seem to have gone up a bit since i last checked but i can't book anything yet as I'm still not certain about dates.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IrisJ

CherryCP you poor thing. It seems like you had to go through a fair bit. I'm sure it's all worth it. I can't sleep either. Too much on my mind

As for the ice packs for your partner it's the least he can do! Sometimes when I get mad with the whole process and complain about having to inject myself left right and centre, and my partner says be strong, I tell him that one of these days I will try an empty needle in his stomach just to see how it feels! Haha he hates needles!!!

I hope that the pain will go away very soon and you start to get excited about the trip! Airfares will start going up to Greece I think til the end of Aug. High season.

Hope you can get some sleep xx

5. The Following User Says Thank You to IrisJ For This Useful Post:

CherryCP  (27-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cherry, good to see that Dr Wazza has taken good care of you.. I know that pain you're feeling, I had a laparoscapy over 20 years ago and that gas leaving my body was sooooo painful OMG I'll never forget it !! I feel for you !! Get well soon..x It would feel good to get the crucial stuff done so you can progress to the next level.

Bon Voyage and look forward to reading about your BFP !!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Yasna For This Useful Post:

CherryCP  (27-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls, so I also had my laprascopy on wednesday with my tube removal not too bad only the shoulder pain is a killer. I sent Dr K an email he will talk to me at July period. To start meds for trip. Crisis looking like a 5 month extension which is great ill be in and out Sept/Oct so hopefully still the euro. Looking forward to some positive experience.

Im not sure whom sent the Taxi buisness card but if your reading if I send an email for our arrival date will he understand in English.

Thanks Kirsten

Thanks
    Reviews

Default dr. nikos kanakas and embryoland- my hero.

greetings,
    i am writing to share in the threads about my primo experience with dr. nikos kanakas and embryoland. as i am now just about 9 weeks pregnant, i am still in the "bit surreal" land and digesting my last 6 months in greece that led me to this abundant grace.
    i went to greece solely to work with dr. nikos. he is most unique in greece -and as far as i have experienced doctors in any country - in that he immediately welcomes patients like family. which is what i SO needed- being a single woman with intention to do 3 rounds (as needed) in 6 months and live in that foreign country. dr. nikos and every one of his staff welcomed me with respect, patience, kindness, smiles, and complete availability to my inquiries and needs at any time.
    in addition, i felt in good hands, totally, to follow dr. nikos' guidance in the sometime complex choices i/we needed to make, as he concurrently completely respected all my feelings and wishes even if sometimes it made the process more complex for him and his team. i have never trusted a doctor so much, nor felt my own needs and wishes so respected by a doc.

i am still in awe of this whole experience....

i would be happy to share with any woman or couple, directly, more about my experience at embryoland, and about traveling too and staying in athens/greece.

in my life, finding dr. kanakas and his clinic was a godsend, surely!

in addition, the sperm bank across the street - cryogonia- operated under the direction of lina evgeni - is top notch in every single way, professionally and persoanlly.

all the best to all!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mermaiddance For This Useful Post:

Jamellabeth  (30-06-2015),kymmymichell  (27-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IrisJ

Kcraig all the best! I'm excited for you and can't wait to hear your fantastic news! xx

12. The Following User Says Thank You to IrisJ For This Useful Post:

kcraig  (27-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IrisJ

Mermaiddance congratulations on being pregnant! 🐣🐥

That is fantastic news. Very positive feedback re Embryoland and a helpful note. It is great to hear that you were looked after so well. Thank you for sharing. I might pm you closer to my time.

All the best for the rest of your journey!! xx

14. The Following User Says Thank You to IrisJ For This Useful Post:

kcraig  (27-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @CherryCP and @kcraig - wishing you both very speedy recoveries! That shoulder pain really sucks. It's not a small operation either! I was totally unprepared for it when I had my lap, when the nurse said I'd probably be off work for a week I nearly fell off my chair (cue frantic calls to work to get my cases covered!) and it turns out you really do need that week off :-/

Mermaid - such great news about your pregnancy, a lovely summer bubba for you! Hurrah for these Greek clinics (well Embryoland and Serum anyway), they could really teach the Aussie clinics a little about delivering compassionate, supportive AND effective service!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone. We've all got manflu, so it's no fun at our place!