Closed Thread
Page 29 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats to all the mums to be, can't wait to join the long list with you all.

Thank you for all the info on accommodation on here really helps. We went w the lotus apartments was after cooking facilities as i'm ceoliac and makes life easier been able to cook and not take chances with being sick over there. We will be in Athens on October 9th for 12 nights. So excited to meet Dr K in person and have a little holiday. Like everyone else on here its been a crazy journey so far.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kategc For This Useful Post:

Jamellabeth  (08-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All, I just wanted to add another Dr Kanakas success story! I recently gave birth to my beautiful baby daughter and it is all because of Dr K and the wonderful team at Embryoland. I am late 30's and endured 8 rounds of IVF in Australia, all unsuccessful. After getting a negative result with my final cycle mid last year my husband and I started looking at donor eggs and options outside of Australia (since the wait here is ridiculously long and unpredictable). After much googling of clinics and doctors etc we contacted Dr Kanakas and were surprised to get a response that same day, we were even more surprised to be talking to him on Skype the next day! He spoke to us for 25 minutes and we didn't even pay anything (shock), completely different to the way things work in Australia.We both felt immediately at ease with him and loved the fact he was so enthusiastic about helping us. In fact I had never felt so cared for on this whole IVF journey (Australian clinics could learn a lot from him!) After much Skype communication & email support we travelled to Greece end of last year for treatment. The lead up was simple with minimal drugs to prepare my lining and sync the cycle. We got 8 eggs and we're lucky enough to get 6 blasts, 2 of which were transferred and 1 took. The communication by Dr K was fantastic both in Greece and back here in Australia and we always felt he really cared for us. We stayed at the President hotel ( I recommend requesting a twin room, it means separate beds but the rooms are much bigger than the double bed rooms which are tiny). And even went for a little holiday to the islands post transfer. We loved our trip to Greece, the people, weather, sight seeing and the food - don't get me started so good! I accessed this forum prior to going and it was very helpful, I was also fortunate enough to have email contact with 2 women who had recently been to see Dr K and had success which was invaluable. I have accessed the forum again since and I am thrilled to see so many women having success and wish all of you the very best. I hope hearing my success story helps those who are about to embark on the journey. If anyone has any questions pls ask.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CinnamonToast For This Useful Post:

IrisJ  (09-08-2015),Jamellabeth  (08-08-2015),justcantstop  (19-08-2015),kategc  (08-08-2015),kymmymichell  (08-08-2015),piratehamster88  (21-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oops not sure why the font on my last post is so big, sorry. First time posting on a forum.. Rookie error

Thanks
    Reviews
    Accommodation all booked!!! finally . . . lol! Thank you everyone for all your suggestions!

We decided to book the first 3 nights at the President so that we don't have to worry about shopping for food etc after getting off the flights (and possibly having an over tired little boy on our hands!), we will head straight to the President settle in for a couple of days to unwind and relax, then see Dr K on the Monday.

We are then booked into the Lotus apartments (got the last apartment!) for the week which will be ideal because we have loads more room for the 3 of us, we can sightsee and enjoy Athens while 'hanging around' to hear from Dr K and have the transfer ()

We will still have another week but I'm going to just wait til we get there see how everything pans out and make a decision then as to where we head - (thinking one of the islands because its DH birthday)

SO . . . . . .
    Airfares booked and paid for
    Accommodation booked and paid for

I just want to GO!
    Last edited by Jamellabeth; 08-08-2015 at 10:04.

Thanks
    Reviews
    What dates will you be there @Jamellabeth ?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to kategc For This Useful Post:

Jamellabeth  (08-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @kategc we arrive in Athens 5th Sept and leave on the 21st Sept.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jamellabeth For This Useful Post:

kategc  (08-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    What are everyone's recommendations for places to go in the in between times for a few days? Islands etc? We will be there late October so I imagine it will be sunny but not hot?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillout71 View Post
    What are everyone's recommendations for places to go in the in between times for a few days? Islands etc? We will be there late October so I imagine it will be sunny but not hot?
    Hydra is a cute island with no cars and just donkeys everywhere..i did a three island day tour to Poros, Hydra and some other one i cant remember, but i liked Hydra the best!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yeah I did that day trip too, Yasna's right, it's awesome. Buy up big on the pistachio's! Yum.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

Jamellabeth  (09-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We went to Santorini in the beginning of November just before the Island essentially shut down for the winter. It was quiet at the time but there was enough places open to eat and sight see. We went post transfer so were taking it easy so quiet was perfect for us. Definitely worth going to. The weather was beautiful on the first day we were there (wearing shirts/jeans) but cooled down after that and I needed a light jacket each day. It is easy to get accommodation at that time of the year and for a good price (we scored the honeymoon suite as it was empty for the price of a standard suite).
    We didn't book the holiday until we were in Greece & we knew about timing for treatment. We just booked the holiday from the downstairs lounge at the President hotel using their free wi-fi & my iPad which was very easy to do.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CinnamonToast For This Useful Post:

Jamellabeth  (09-08-2015),kcraig  (09-08-2015)