Closed Thread
Page 28 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    hi ladies, i have not posted lately, been in the background....gestating my Dr.K twins here....love them, but they do "make me sick" (literally) so far, so not much energy for the outer world!
    but i have been tracking your posts, and so joyful to see new enthusiasm for going to greece, which has become dear in my heart as i spent nearly a year there til conceiving and traveling home. it is a home for me, and quite simply, Dr. K is family.

so today, we are at 14 weeks and i can lift my head a lot more often.
    i wanted to pipe in a few contributions and am always up for any direct questions to me too...
    - justcantstop: i dont know much (obviously) about your hormonal cycling, but when i became 40 , using all natural methods, i was able to move my cycle from 40 days to 29 precisely!. i know a bunch about diet, meditation, herbs and even natural thyroid supps....if you want any of that information to add to your health considerations....
    - jamellabeth: after a year in greece and half of that in athens, i know a lot about accommodation! though i never used a hotel , i also know a lot about them. bottom line is very few have their own pools in athens. the area of embryoland is also not very hotel dense as compared to other areas. a pool is just not standard as it is in other major cities worldwide. i always found my housing on craigslist (usually best for a month or more but often cheap enough that renting a whole month is worth is!) and airbnb. i have a friend (now because of airbnb) with fabulous place about 2 km from embryoland (i used to walk and loved it, but its a 3 eu cab away too). but no pool. in fact, public pools are even hard to come by. not a one in embryoland area. i'd say if pool is priority, stay in the more touristy areas and be further from embryoland and just enjoy the cabs. they really are affordable (esp relative to the kind of budget the whole trip requires)

ok - growing fetuses are demanding i get breakfast.
    best of luck to all who are planning and crossing fingers...:-)!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mermaiddance For This Useful Post:

Jamellabeth  (06-08-2015),kymmymichell  (08-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi mermaid glad to hear that you've reached 14 weeks. A big congratuation and a big hug to you for still taking the time to share! I might have to pm you if you don't mind as I would love to find out about thyroid natural supps and whether or not my diet can affect it. I don't like taking these tablets and they all pretty much play havoc with my digestive system....
    xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Vixjc View Post
    Hi Jamellabeth - serum and embryoland are very close to each other and there is a guide on the UK website Fertility Friends, to using Serum. One of the things they cover is the hotels near Serum, which would work just as well for embryoland - I'll try to include pics of what I printed last year but in case it's too small, Google 'Agate's Serum file' and you should come up with it. Go to ques 10.1 of the guide and that might be helpful. Attachment 72099Attachment 72100Attachment 72101Attachment 72102. There is more in the guide about apartments but I'm not sure if you wanted to explore that option.
    You are awesome Vixjc! Thank you! I'm checking out all the recommendations tonight!
    Hope you little man is back to his normal self!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jamellabeth For This Useful Post:

Vixjc  (07-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you @mermaiddance! that is great info, can you let me know the name/contact of your friend on Airbnb - I've looked at LOADS of places on there as well!

How beautiful to have 2 gorgeous little bubs on board, hope they play nice soon and you feel better!

Its much harder to choose accom now that its for the 3 of us! So much easier if it was just DH and I (and cheaper!) the only reason I'm looking at a hotel with a pool is simply because of our son - he loves the water and for him a holiday is anywhere there is a pool!

The other challenge I'm having is that I will be working while I'm away (I'm a social media consultant) and nearly all the hotels have wifi but it's only available in the general areas and if you want it specifically in your room you need to pay for it and use a phone lead(?). I've read there are lots of internet cafes but I just don't fancy spending a couple of hours every day in one. I'm going to try and get as much pe-done before I go away but I'll still need to be 'on'.

Ahhh . . . the joys of travelling with a secret agenda!

Hope everyone is well!

Thanks
    Reviews
    yes, for wifi the private homes (airbnb) is best. people usually have reliable WIFI actually, hotels often not and internet cafes are not as common as you'd think. surely not easy.
    and i found, being a visitor, i often wanted to check online for bits of info at random and strange hours, i would not want to be without wifi right there with me personally.
    you can also get "taxi beat" app and call taxi (with wifi) from wherever you are.
    easy to get a local SIM at any cell store if your phone is unlocked. they are totally free and then you buy a prepay card for some calls/texts. they are expensive but only if you have real conversations, if you just use it for convenience calls/texts, it will cost nearly nothing.
    for housing:
    call yuli at +30 6977984744
    she has viber. she speaks english well, better slowly.she is the kindest and most honest ever. her place is uniquely lovely in athens - truly a haven. and about 50 eu per night 2 bed 2 bath. near a big park with a gorgeous church that housed my prayers often. pharmacy (and great guy pharmacist) down a block.

BTW small pharmacies can get you anything you need with about 24 hrs warning. good to go meet your local one on day one and tell them why you are in town (greeks love family and to me seemed to love that i came there to make a family!)
    yeah, got it on why the pool...good luck...just warning, its a search and again, a hotel further away (tho not nec a problem) and likely without a kitchen (not surely but likely)

check craigslist for furnished apartments for a month (nice ones might be about 600 -700 eu but still less than hotel!!!) maybe the upscale ones are in complexes with pools, again even those (residential) are rare in athens proper.

best of luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi mermaid thanks so much for the pm. I wrote this huge reply asking more questions and my message disappeared after submission! Did you receive it? I don't know if the pm works properly here....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamellabeth View Post
    You are awesome Vixjc! Thank you! I'm checking out all the recommendations tonight!
    Hope you little man is back to his normal self!
    Contact Athens Lotus hotel. I just stayed in their apartments, huge. 60 euro a night at peak season. Wifi in all rooms. I previously stayed in the hotel. Fantastic rooms and staff.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Positano1 For This Useful Post:

Jamellabeth  (07-08-2015),kategc  (08-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Positano1, I emailed lotus apartments they quoted me 103 euro a night. Hope u don't mind me asking but how did u manage to get for 60?
    Last edited by kategc; 07-08-2015 at 18:57.

Thanks
    Reviews
    HELLO! :wave @Positano1! how are you???? I'm so happy to hear from you!

Thanks for the rec on the Athens Lotus Hotel, I've checked and they actually have a room available and it looks gooooood - 2 rooms, balcony, terrace, FREE wifi, air con etc and it looks quite modern. I've google mapped it and it looks like its about 13 mins to Dr K by car so not too bad!
    @kategc The cost for 6 nights for the 3 of us (slightly more than if it were just the two) is $1155 aud so about $1K less than the president for the same length of time! @Positano1 what was the local area like? Was it easy to get around and 'shop' etc?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Jamellabeth For This Useful Post:

kategc  (08-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations on your twins mermaid!!!!!!!

Id be over the moon!

Im serious about the oregano chips girls, send me some!!!

good to hear your baby is getting better Vix!

All the accomodation ideas are great, but i liked the President, it was only 67€ a night and i loved that i could get my clothes launderd, buffet brekkie and close to Dr Kanakas! It would be nice to stay in a cute little apartment with verandah etc etc, but i was being conservative and wanted to be close to clinic? Next time i might try some of your great options..

hope everyone is ok and well who is currently pregnant, i hope your bleeding has stopped and you are feeling positive...i still wipe and think ill see blood, i guess you never really top being a touch paranoid.

how do i feel? Im 22 weeks on monday and i feel great! Somedays however i get severe heartburn and chew on a few Rennies and that settles it...otherwise smooth sailing...my boy moves a lot and it feels weird and wonderful with him kickboxing me and wriggling around...i barely use my doppler anymore..since hes always on the move. I seem to fart a whole lot and this is annoying, oh well i just hope im not causing an environmenal impact hahah..i do however look officially pregnant but i cant wait to get rounder and prouder!! im really looking forward to meeting my little man, i cant decide on a name yet, Torture!!

ive added a few of you to my facebook friends and would love meet more Brisbane mummies to be and connect socially for dinners chats etc..plz feel free to contact me! You overseas mamas are welcome to be social too, maybe one day ill visit your country...id like to get to th U.K one day..

ciao for now and keep the posts coming, i love reading them..xx

congratulations again to all the new mamas to be...

good luck to all of you travelling soon!

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Yasna For This Useful Post:

IrisJ  (08-08-2015),Jamellabeth  (08-08-2015),kategc  (08-08-2015),kymmymichell  (08-08-2015),piratehamster88  (21-08-2015)