Closed Thread
Page 26 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Kate have you also checked out fertility friends? There are lots of people on there too (although it's a UK website)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Chillout71 For This Useful Post:

kategc  (31-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not I haven't will have a look at it. Thank u.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree Kategc. These forums definitely make you feel like you're not alone in your jourrney. Afterall sharing is caring 😄

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Kategc to the group ....i hope our positive journeys give you hope and I think you will be blessed by the golden hands of Dr Nikos Kanakas..he loves his job and will try his best to get you pregnant !!! I adore the guy !! Hes the reason I have this beautiful boy growing inside me, bless him and his whole family !

As for vaccination, im scared since speaking to my friend she says her children changed after vaccinating, both have learning disabilities, one has autism. Could it just be genes old eggs or the vaccination that caused this? or just the dodgy food we eat, the chemicals in everything? I dont know, I will vaccinate my child, with every needle he must have, but lingering in the back of my mind is " will these vaccinations hurt him? cause a intellectual impairment?"...I guess I'm just paranoid cause I hear so much about it, but I will vaccinate him. There is no way however I'm giving myself the flu shot. Though i would like to know what YOUR opinion is about getting the whooping cough injection while pregnant; to help my baby with immunity apon birth, or just get the whooping cough injection for myself after hes born? ??? I keep forgetting to ask my o.b...im thinking during my pregnancy..but i'd like to know who else might wait till after they are born..

I was supervising a class today and I heard the name "Dante"...I think I like that ! Its on the top 10... PICK YOUR NAMES girls, im stressing...

If anyone is in Greece send me a packet of oregano thin chips...OH GOD delish !! I bought a packet when I was leaving at the airport and wish I bought a box !! I tried making my own the other day, but they didnt have the same flavour as the packet ones..I'm serious, if you are willing to send me some I will pay you (somehow) handsomely !! mmmm chippies...

Congratulations to all the pregnant women out there !!

Talk soon ...buy me chips.

XX

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Yasna For This Useful Post:

Jamellabeth  (03-08-2015),kategc  (05-08-2015),kymmymichell  (31-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi kymmy I too have had bleeding throughout the 12 weeks (just got to 12 weeks on Wednesday). Have to say i feel for you as it can be so stressful, each time I bleed I cried myself to sleep at night thinking I was going to lose the baby, but the bleeding stopped or I would go and get an ultrasound and it showed the baby doing cartwheels in there. Hang in there, I hear that bleeding is common in ivf pregnancies and also my nurse said often it is irritation of the cervix. Not sure about u but I've had a bit going up there in terms of pessaries, crinone and progynova, so no wonder really.
    Hope it doesn't return and you sail through wonderfully.

on another note I was hoping now that I am 12 weeks to share my news but googling suggests first trimester ends at 14 weeks, so looks like I get to keep my secret a little longer

hope Thomas is on the mend vixjc

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wet setter For This Useful Post:

brimrush  (01-08-2015),IrisJ  (01-08-2015),Jamellabeth  (03-08-2015),kymmymichell  (03-08-2015),piratehamster88  (21-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks wet setter. Its such a crazy ride of emotions that we.are all going on. I also was devestated that there was some bleeding after the massive high of a positive pregnancy test. Im happy to say its stopped but wazza has put me on meds again. So Im just doing what I'm told but I really miss Dr Kanakas. I wish i could just pop in to his clinic and have a chat and he would make me relax and feel better. My scan at 6.weeks showed a flickering heart so the next one at 8 weeks will hopefully shoe us more. Then we will be aiming to be where you are wet setter.
    ( The amazing 12 week mark)😊 we are all going through so many milestones it feels like the time frame of the gestation of an elephant!! Im not feeling sick yet some occasional little stretchy cramps but not many. And bloated of course. Can anyone remwmber not being bloated? 😃
    I hope everyone is well and excited about their upcoming trips to Athens. I also hope your little guy is well and back to his normal self vixjc. Hospitals are not cool places to stay in for too long. Big hugs to everyone. Love kymmy xx

10. The Following User Says Thank You to kymmymichell For This Useful Post:

Jamellabeth  (03-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, hope everyone is well!
    We had a skype with Dr Kanakas yesterday and are planning to go to Athens end of Oct! So excited!
    I just wanted to ask if anyone else has been recommended to use donor sperm to fertilise some of the eggs retrieved at collection? We believe the issue is with my egg quality and DH's sperm looks fine under the scope... but Dr K said to fertilise the majority with DH's sperm but do 4 or 5 with donor sperm incase as a back up. I'm just worried about 'wasting' good eggs on donor sperm when we could possibly get blacosycysts from DH's sperm. It's a back up plan i guess. Anyone else done/planning to do this? TIA x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi laiylabelle
    No we didn't discuss that with Dr Kanakas at all. The only discussion we had was to do half icsi and half natural. Maybe talk to him some more to clarify this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks kymmy.
    I think the reason he suggested it is because I'm only 33 and he said I'm very young to have 'bad eggs' so it's more of a back up incase the issue is with DH's sperm afterall! We have no definitive answer at this stage. Just that after 3 failed rounds of ICSI with own eggs resulted in very low fertilisation rates (around 13%, should be nearer 70%).

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Laiylabelle For This Useful Post:

kymmymichell  (04-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So i guess I've kinda answered my own question 😉 but wandered if anyone else has done this...