Closed Thread
Page 21 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Brim: How awesome!!! Yay for you!! Great news. (I think the number is high....maybe twins!! Be ready to hear it , it may be true.)

This is all so overwhelming to think about. I told DH that I was aware of 4 women in Greece (from this thread) who were awaiting their results and now we have 3 confirmed positive....so far! I said to him, OMG that could really be us in September!!! He then spent the next 15 minutes bringing me back to earth and convincing me not to get over confident, etc. LOL

I know very well things don't always go so well, but this news is just so inspiring and makes me think we will be successful (if not in Sept then the next time). I am so excited....

Iris: I am only taking Provera right now on cycle days 16 to 25 to make sure I get my period on time. Dr. K told me once I start my next period he'd be giving me another prescription that I will start just before leaving for Greece (to build up lining). At this point, it seems we will need to be in Greece from Sept 10 to 20 (give or take a day) but dates should be confirmed when I start my next cycle! Dr. K (and my GYN here, didn't think I needed more tests (other than a transvag scan and all the bloodwork both parties do) but I had had 2 hysteroscopes and surgery in 2006 - 2008. They both said that "if nothing else had gone on down there since and the scan looks good, I didn't need more".... so that's all I've had.

Keep those BFPs coming ladies.....

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to justcantstop For This Useful Post:

brimrush  (23-07-2015),IrisJ  (23-07-2015),Jamellabeth  (23-07-2015),kcraig  (23-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    YAY! @brimrush I'm jumping for joy for you (well, on the inside at least, I'm at work!) I am so very very very happy for you! That is wonderful news!
    You're pregnant!

WOW! 3 out of 4 100% positives! (really hope to hear from @positano soon!)
    @justcantstop - My DH did the same - LOL! he said but what about all the others that you don't hear of etc etc! Don't get your hopes up . . . . . I just poked my tongue out and said I don't care, I'm happy and I plan on staying that way! LOL!
    We'll be in Athens from 6th - 20th so we might bump into each other, my scan is already booked in the Dr K for the monday 7th (eekk!)

@IrisJ - I felt the same way very restless and thought I should be doing more but my situation may be slightly different because I'm totally menopausal (no period for 2+ years). Dr K put me on the pill 4 months ago to try and create a cycle and it worked within 2 months, then I have the progynova ready to take on Day 1 of my cycle immediately prior to leaving for Greece.
    I checked with my FS and she said it's right.

But, me being me I felt like I needed to 'do' more so I've been walking, watching what I ate, doing a specific ivf/egg donor mediation every night, taking elevit, had all my vitamin levels checked (very low B12 and D so getting shots next week) and going to bed at 8.30pm - 9pm every night. Sounds boring but at least I felt like I had a plan!
    I think a lot of the extra meds etc can happen after the BFP!

@Yasna when are you having your 20week scan - must be soon?

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jamellabeth For This Useful Post:

brimrush  (23-07-2015),IrisJ  (23-07-2015),justcantstop  (25-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hurrah Brimrush!

Loving all this good news :-D

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

brimrush  (23-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Jamellabeth, scan is booked for Monday the 27th, but I got a phone call today from a deputy principal and I have a 3 week contract as a teacher that starts on MONDAY !! eeeeeek !!! Its nice to have some full time work coming up as I'm a relief teacher usually, so I'm going to ring tomorrow and see if I can get an after school appointment. I hope so, I'd hate to call the school back, I really need the work. I have to pay for my o.b soon...that's not cheap !!

Today an African lady was carrying her baby on her back and I asked her a few questions, apparently they carry them there once the placenta falls off. She mentioned that the baby sleeps longer, up to 4 hours on the back due to the closeness and warmth of her body. She knows if everything is ok by the movement, she will shake and the baby will move, the baby was sound asleep when we spoke to her. I asked her what she thought I was carrying, she looked at my belly and said 'boy'...it seems everyone is saying boy !!

To be continued....

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yasna For This Useful Post:

Jamellabeth  (24-07-2015),kcraig  (23-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    congrats on the new mummies to be, so much good positive energy on this post
    Get ready for getting up lots of times during the night to pee, OMG I get up 3-4 times..... but its all good

Thanks
    Reviews
    In the first 12 weeks it was torture! Peeing all night since baby is sitting on your bladder

Now I get up 3 times a night since I'm so thirsty!!! Then have to pee, so I can't win!

The school told me its ok to start on Tuesday, so my scan is still booked for Monday 9:30am !!!
    I'm so EXCITED, 3 more sleeps!! Mum is coming and my sister! You girls are lucky who have a partner, but I'm lucky to have family support. Though I tell you I'm feeling very frisky!! If I had a partner they'd be getting no sleep!!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yasna For This Useful Post:

Jamellabeth  (24-07-2015),kcraig  (24-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ohhh I am so excited! Booked our flights to UK and Greece and will be in Athens from 24/10 to go to serum... We have also sent photos and preferred donor characteristics to Penny who is confident she will find someone suitable! It is suddenly all seeming so real instead of so abstract... Especially with all the great news on this site lately it is hard not to get carried away!!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chillout71 For This Useful Post:

Jamellabeth  (25-07-2015),Vixjc  (24-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awesome @Chillout71! once the tickets are booked it suddenly feels so very real (and exciting!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Egg Donation in Greece #2

So exciting Chillout! I can't wait to get dates - I should get them in about a week and then I can book my tickets.

I think it will start to feel real for me on Mon when I can no longer breastfeed because of the Zolodex - it really sucks because my little man is now quite sick, Doc said to take him to hospital if he gets worse, BF-ing gives him comfort and antibodies and it's going to kill me on Mon when I can't provide that for him anymore :-(. Hopefully he'll have bounced back by then.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chillout71 that is so exciting!! I don't have any dates yet but can only imagine how I'd start to feel once I book the tix!!
    xx