Page 17 of 105 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow, congratulations!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Chillout71 For This Useful Post:

kymmymichell  (17-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Amazing news! Big congratulations to you...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Laiylabelle For This Useful Post:

kymmymichell  (17-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Kymmy so happy for u, how wonderful!
    With so many of us pregnant at the moment we should start a thread for Greek pregnancies and bubbas!!

i am a 10.5 weeks and feel like (hopefully) in another 10days when I get past 12 weeks I can relax and believe I am really pregnant!

congrats again!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wet setter For This Useful Post:

Jamellabeth  (17-07-2015),kcraig  (17-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes it's so exciting for us girls who are waiting in the wings to hear your good news...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Chillout71 For This Useful Post:

kymmymichell  (18-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Woohoo Kymmymichell! that's awesome news! Congratulations Love it!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck to all those in their two week wait and to those who have received their BFP's!! So just to update on where I am at the mo. We received our test results back from Serum and they are all negative (so no underlying/hidden infection which could be playing a part in my infertility as I'm relatively young at 33). In a way I wanted them to say I had something wrong so that it could be treated and I could possibly be cured! (Wishful thinking!!) Anyway, at least we have investigated a little further, exhausted every test and now know that we definitely need to go down the donor egg route. It's very exciting! And so good to hear everyone else's stories and successes. It gives us hope.
    So back to deciding which clinic to chose for our egg donor cycle. A little more research to do then will be booking for transfer in November hopefully! May look into a Naturopath first though as have heard great stuff about them too but don't want to waste more time, money and heartbreak on another thing which may not work! (Need to be less glass half empty!) Anyway that's where I am, good luck to all!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Laiylabelle For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Laiylabelle sorry to hear that the results didn't specifically show a problem that could have been treated and therefore increased your chances of conception. Any luck with Ann Digby? I've also heard Ruth Trickey is v good. They're not v expensive but usually naturopathic medicine needs time and patience. For some it works straight away, for others it takes a few months.....
    xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kimmy: Congratulations!! What exciting wonderful news. I'm sure you are thrilled!! Looks like you a had a nice trip too!

Wet: Relax and enjoy your journey.... You'll be 12 weeks soon enough!

Laiylabelle: I think this group is the only one that actually wants doctors to find something wrong!! I used to feel the same way. The answer was always negative/ unexplained infertility! Would've been better having a reason and either fixing it or dealing with it. Oh well. Its good news for a donor cycle though. Hopefully everything will go well for you.

Lots of exciting news lately....

15. The Following User Says Thank You to justcantstop For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello everyone.
    This is my first post but I’ve been following this fabulous thread for a while and I’d like to start by thanking you all for sharing your thoughts, fears and useful details.
    I’m currently 6 days in to my 2ww after visiting Embryoland and the wonderful Dr Nikos. I’ll start at the beginning so I’m sorry, this might be a long post!
    I had 3 cancelled cycles at Monash (due to no eggs) and received very little support from the nurses there and sort of stumbled upon the realisation that I was infertile at 39. It came as quite a shock! Much as you all have done, after a bit of research I discovered that egg donation in Australia was virtually impossible and so was adopting a baby. Greece popped up as an option and after a quick Google, Embryoland came up. I sent off a quick email asking for a bit of information, and before I knew it, I’d had a Skype with Dr Nikos (who sounded a little bit like Arnold Schwarzenegger so I was won over from his first words) and I was really excited about a potential family in my future. I didn’t even bother to contact any other clinics as his enthusiasm was so infectious, I was sold. It was only afterwards that I found this great thread and had any reservations I had put to rest. So thank you all for the encouragement!
    So, for those still in the research stage, here are some details. Dr Nikos advised that he had 2 possible donors and not to worry. I arrived in Athens with my husband in time for a scan on the morning of my day 12 only to find out that the donor had already had her collection and Dr Nikos thought there were around 12 eggs. My husband did his bit and my scan was ok with my lining being over 8cm. (I had been taking Progynova tablets in increasing doses since the start of my period). I was told the age, height, weight, eye and hair colour of my donor, how many children she has and how many births have resulted from her donated eggs (I think she had been a donor 3 times before). I had a bit of an emotional struggle for the rest of the day while I was being completely irrational being jealous that my husband was currently getting someone else pregnant. Did anyone else think that or am I just demented?? But this was all forgotten when I got a call the next morning from the embryologist saying that there had actually been 14 eggs and 11 had fertilised. I was stunned there were so many. Apparently they’d been so happy with my husband’s sperm that they didn’t do ICSI, just IVF. At least he is still fully functional! I went back for another scan on day 14 which was fine, but mentioned that I’d had a couple of disastrous pap smears in my time with 2 different doctors almost unable to get the speculum in where they needed it so I wanted him to be sure he could access where he needed before the transfer. He was surprised but suggested a trial transfer on my day 16 when I was due for another scan (the day before the transfer). As all my IVF cycles had been cancelled, I’d never got as far as the transfer so I was a bit nervous. But it was very pain and discomfort free (apart from needing a wee!) and he could access what he needed to easily. This massively took away my nerves for the actual transfer as now I knew what to expect. So the next day, my day 17, 6 of the embryos had made it to good blastocyst stage and I had 2 transferred and the other 4 frozen. It was such a great result, I was so chuffed.
    I took it easy for the rest of that day and most of the following day so I’d really only needed to be in Athens for a week, visiting the clinic 4 times. Some visits took a couple of hours as you don’t get an appointment as such, you just turn up when Dr Nikos suggests and wait around until he’s free. It is my only criticism of the clinic. But Dr Nikos’ attitude and care far far outweigh any minor negatives. He welcomes you as though you are an old friend. He's an absolute pleasure to be around.
    Money wise, we paid 3000 Euros in cash, 2500 Euros by credit card (over a couple of days on different cards as their machine downstairs was faulty, but upstairs worked fine we finally discovered) and around 800 Euros by credit card to the pharmacy across the road for the donor’s medication and a truck load of Utrogestan upon Yasna’s recommendation to get the Greek ones as they are smaller than the Aussie ones! Thanks for that advice!! We also had to pay 500 Euros to freeze the embryos and 250 Euros to freeze a sperm sample in case I need to try again without my husband having to fly over.
    OK, sorry for that very long post. If anyone has any questions, please ask.
    What is everyone else doing to get through the 2ww? I keep talking to my embryos telling them what a nice life they’ll have so why don’t they stay!
    Thanks again everyone. You’ve all been a real support and it’s only now I feel able to talk about all of this.
    Congratulations Kimmy, wonderful news.
    Good luck Brimrush, we had our transfers on the same day. Fingers crossed!

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to piratehamster88 For This Useful Post:

brimrush  (18-07-2015),Jamellabeth  (18-07-2015),justcantstop  (18-07-2015),kymmymichell  (18-07-2015),Yasna  (18-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome piratehamster ! I truly hope you and brimrush have some more good news for us next week. Fingers and toes crossed!

All these stories has brought Embryoland and doing a DE cycle in Greece to life for me. I can't wait until September!

So many nice things said about Dr K. I feel safe in his care. His ears must be ringing nonstop!!!

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to justcantstop For This Useful Post:

brimrush  (18-07-2015),piratehamster88  (18-07-2015)