Closed Thread
Page 16 of 105 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Kimmy

We've been to Greece and have family there but we typically don't spend time in Athens and DH's family is not close to there. But can't go there and not visit them!

Dr K said we should be in Athens for cycle day 10 through 20 (not every day at clinic, of course). So first day of period is day 1, right (its been several years since I gave up on OE IVF so excuse my basic question LOL)? I'm interested to know what cycle day was the retrieval and what day was the transfer for you - so I can get a better idea of the logistics. And during the period you were in Athens, where did you stay, etc. and did you keep in touch with clinic when you left Athens between retrieval and transfer (to check on embies, etc.)?

All of you still in Greece, enjoy the rest of your stay and have a safe trip home..... There's plenty of time for me to get the details!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, I'm just on my way to the UK today, I've been in Athens 7 days. We arrived on day 10 of my cycle and we had egg pick up that day, so transfer for me was on day 15 of my cycle. (I have a short cycle of 24 days). My husband could only stay in Athens for one week then had to return to Brisbane, I expected to stay on for a few more days but Dr Nikos planned it perfectly for us so that my husband was still here for the transfer. I plan to stay in the UK with family for 3/4 weeks and I will return to Greece if needed next month, fingers crossed I will be flying home to Australia!
    We went to the clinic for pick up, then two days later for a scan then for transfer, so we did have the opportunity to go to one of the islands and could have stayed a night.
    We stayed at Athens Lotus hotel, really nice, clean and modern and close to the metro. Bit out of the centre which we preferred.
    If you want any more info please message me!
    Take care everyone. Xxx

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to brimrush For This Useful Post:

Jamellabeth  (13-07-2015),justcantstop  (14-07-2015),kcraig  (13-07-2015),kymmymichell  (13-07-2015),Laiylabelle  (13-07-2015),piratehamster88  (18-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tx Brim for the info. Safe trip......

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just had Skype looks like 19 of September for me excited now. Can book some flights and accom.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to kcraig For This Useful Post:

Jamellabeth  (17-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Its now officially official!
    Tickets booked and paid for, passports done and we are off!
    We fly out on Friday 4th Sept, arriving in Greece on Saturday and I'm booked in with Dr K for my scan on the Monday! We are staying just a little longer than needed and will be flying out on Monday 21st Sep.

I've still got to try and find accom - any suggestions for an apartment style with kitchen etc (family with 2 rooms)???

I'm seeing my FS on Monday to run through everything with her and make appts etc for when we get back. And I'm seeing my gp in a fortnight to bring her up to date and have a B12 shot (i'm really low)

I'm trying not to jump out of my skin I'm so excited! I just want to go!

Happy to catch up with anyone going over in Sept!

Sending loads of love and hugs to @brimrush @kymmymichell and @positano

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Try airbnb they have really good apartments for rent all fully self contained and good prices

9. The Following User Says Thank You to stacey10 For This Useful Post:

Jamellabeth  (17-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone.
    So here I am 9 days after the embryo transfer and I have been doing positive home pregnancy tests since day 6. And I had a blood test today which confirmed it. I am pregnant!!
    Wow!!! We are over the moon and still nervous and excited and amazed that we have just had a gorgeous holiday and I have come home and am pregnant. 😃😃😃
    My hcg is 216 and I think they like 100 or around that for the first blood test. But I'm really not sure about those numbers and what they mean. For now I really am hoping that the other two lovely ladies that were over in Athens at the same time get the same positive result.
    Next step. Keep growing and developing little embryo/s.
    I hope that you're all great and well. Thank you again for all the support on this thread. Its really cool to see and be a part of.
    Dr kanakas called me back within 30 seconds of me sending him a message of our positive result. We think he is awwsome and can't praise him enough. Much love xxx

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kymmymichell For This Useful Post:

brimrush  (17-07-2015),justcantstop  (18-07-2015),kcraig  (17-07-2015),piratehamster88  (18-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow Kymmy congrats!!! What fantastic news!! You must be over the moon!! All the best with the rest of the journey!!
    xx

13. The Following User Says Thank You to IrisJ For This Useful Post:

kymmymichell  (17-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Some random pics of our stay in Greece. We had a magic time there. Sorry about the photo spam
    😊
    Attached Images

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kymmymichell For This Useful Post:

Jamellabeth  (17-07-2015),kcraig  (18-07-2015),piratehamster88  (18-07-2015),Tahli  (17-07-2015),Vixjc  (17-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    CONGRATULATIONS @kymmymichell!!!!!
    You must be over the moon! YAY! I'm so excited for you and I love the photos, just gorgeous.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Jamellabeth For This Useful Post:

kymmymichell  (17-07-2015)