Closed Thread
Page 12 of 105 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh yasna it is so lovely to hear you so happy!! I know it has been a long road. So thrilled for you!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Chillout71 For This Useful Post:

Yasna  (07-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hehehe. Omg yasna my partner cal and I love your posts. You're lovely. Take care xx

4. The Following User Says Thank You to kymmymichell For This Useful Post:

Yasna  (07-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Yasna good to have you back all happy and in such a great shape!!
    Good luck with the new dishwasher!! 😀
    xx

6. The Following User Says Thank You to IrisJ For This Useful Post:

Yasna  (07-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    irisJ
    ohhhh- so if you are onto egg donation, i don't know myself about any protocols using needles in that process. so, i know at embryoland there are no injections withthat procedure....and wow! you have been through so much - sounds like moving forward to the ED is a right-choice at this point. well, wuss or not - one thing i have told myself through all this is there are tons of things to do (and decisions that are hard) and its only gonna get "worse" as i become mom!!
    i think same with keeping the faith - there are so many opportunities in conceiving, pregnancy and motherhood to imagine the worst...and daily (even hourly!) i just have to choose again the other route- imagine the best!!

which brings me to note also to comment toward kymmymichell...
    going for egg transfer now - 4 developing well is a great!! number! what i have seen reading tons of stories about IVF is that we can get kinda "fooled" when there are a lot of eggs picked up, really what matters is the number that develop well. that's a great number. always think the best. especially as you receive the transfer

just a lil' anecdote: one of my transfers with dr.k was on a saturday....and apparently there was no one after me. he knows that i sing for spiritual practice and performance....so after the transfer, he just told me to stay right there, turned off the lights and said "sing". which i continued to do for 1 hr.
    it was one of the most beautiful times of the whole journey, that i did not even ask for, the doc just knew to offer (dr. k touched my heart big that day)
    and though that transfer did not result in a pregnancy, that hour, and the following days where i sang a lot, were so beautiful - just as they were. the later sadness for a chemical pregnancy was no better or no worse than if i had not had such ecstatic singing experiences. and i still remember those times as beautiful days of my life. with my embies....for those days...

so, i know its hard (reallY!) but i try to make each day beautiful . esp in all this really honestly hard and hard-knock stuff - especially within all that.

best of luck to all

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mermaiddance For This Useful Post:

kymmymichell  (08-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    just also a note to concerned travelers...
    fully understand the concerns...and i actually love that most of us are writing very level-headed practical guidelines, no tizzies- greeks are good at that too!
    i am not there now, but i just returned after most of a year being there.
    overall, i felt so very safe, even cared for, just wondering around the city. i was often out late nights alone and in most areas felt extremely safe.

i did hear of a few pick-pocket incidents on public transport. somehow when its crowded, they know how to reach into your bag and pull out your wallet. but protecting from that is easy, just need to stay aware and use some practical methods.

overall, for a big city, already in financial strain i was amazed how safe me and "my money" were.

and watching the news for this referendum vote, i was feeling quite "proud of" and impressed by the greek society keeping calm with each other- such a big vote and such opposing opinions could have already sparked all kinds of conflict and brawls - -far as the news i watched and all my friends on the ground share, there were none.

i'd expect the best of the greeks under this stress....and of course, let's hope indeed. if it were me making plans, i'd go ahead simply, and staying abreast....

all the best - enjoy greece and the people!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks mermaid. I guess I'll find out more once I talk to the clinics.......
    Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Yasna, Thanks for your query about Ruth Pellow. Hopefully I can clarify. Ruth is not an 'agent' per se but is a fully qualified fertility nurse and is paid by Iakentro fertility clinic to look after their English speaking clients. Her patients do not pay her any fees. She is paid by the clinic just like any other nurse. It doesnt cost any more to have Ruth as your nurse. The fee the clinic charges is the same whether you go via Ruth or not. The fee the clinic charges is on par with other clinics. People rave about her on a number of web sites with the same amount of passion that ladies on this thread have for other clinics/FS's they have chosen. In the end it just comes down to personal choice and what you are comfortable with. During my OE treatments with my FS in Bris, most of my interactions were with the nurse - so that is similar.

Congrats on reaching your next milestone with bubba. I hope you continue to have a wonderful pregnancy. .
    Last edited by CherryCP; 08-07-2015 at 07:03.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CherryCP For This Useful Post:

Vixjc  (08-07-2015),Wet setter  (08-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Egg Donation in Greece #2

Thanks CherryCP - it's so good to have first hand information. It's the best way for people to start to gather information about the different alternatives so they can choose to work with the person they connect best with. I was originally confused about how Ruth operated in the early days of my planning (back when Embryoland, Genesis and Serum were all on my radar), but my goodness she's popular in the UK! She gets a great write-up on Fertility Friends, it sounds like she provides a great service and I can certainly see the appeal. Does she only liaise with the one clinic or is there a couple she works with?
    Last edited by Vixjc; 08-07-2015 at 21:08.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

CherryCP  (09-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CherryCP View Post
    Hi Vixjc, If we all end up with BFP's - perhaps we could start up a thread like: "Pregnant ladies from DE in Greece"...? Just joking!!!

CherryCP
    Ha! And each time a Greek bubba is born we can ask the question my Greek in laws always ask 'How many eyebrows? One or two???' :-)

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

CherryCP  (09-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @IrisJ - I've been thinking about you today. If needles freak you out then you have been incredibly strong to get through so many OE rounds. Well done you! I admire your 'I'll do it if I have to' attitude :-). Maybe when weighing up the clinics and the different protocols they suggest, consider whether the prospect needles has influenced your decision much and whether you would second guess your decision afterwards. While DE is much more successful for us poor responders than OE, reality is it's not a magic bullet and it may not work first try. If that were to happen (and we REALLY hope it doesn't!) you don't want to be left wondering if the outcome would have been different if you had used the Clexane (or pregnyl or progesterone or any other injection).

Also, a really big factor to consider is how each clinic chooses the donor. That is, whether they take a basic physical stats only approach with the view that the rest is up to 'nurture', or whether they take a nature plus nurture approach (ie they also take into account personality, interests etc). If you believe in nature plus nurture (as I do) then you will likely be more comfortable with a clinic that reflects that approach when choosing your donor. If you believe in nurture only, then either kind of clinic will be good.

Righto, I've babbled enough :-).