Closed Thread
Page 1 of 105 1231151101 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Egg Donation in Greece #2

Yes ring direct say your from australia and they will put you through if he is free. I have my meds ready but waiting to hear when to start after my op on Wednesday. My cycle is always on time and my lining has been about 13mm during ivf. Im hoping to be able to start organising things subject to the crisis.
    Last edited by kcraig; 23-06-2015 at 00:57.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    IrisJ - Greek law requires anonymity so you're not allowed to see photos. Penny will give you a description of her physical features personality and interests and will have taken that into account when selecting her for you (she personally knows the donors in order to try and make the best choices - her decision is not solely based on looks as I understand it) but you don't get a profile in the same way as you do in South Africa for example.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

ange1111  (07-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All

Welcome IrisJ. I'm jealous that there are so many of you Aussies...!!

Your story is, unfortunately, not new here... We've all been there and making this decision was not easy. None of us ever thought when we decided to have children it would take this long, be so hard physically and emotionally, be so expensive and ultimately take us overseas! I stumbled upon this thread and I think its great knowing there are so many women out there going through the same feelings I am. It makes things easier to deal with even though I don't know any of you personally. Vixj is right. Choose a clinic you are comfortable with and they will guide you through. I am using Embryoland and plan to be there end Aug/early Sept if everything goes right. Dr. K is a very nice man and I trust him so I am happy with my choice. My DH is Greek having come here (US) when he was 22 so we checked with family over there and my SIL happened to have a friend who is pregnant at 50 on 2nd DE try through Embryoland. It was total coincidence but make me feel good knowing (sort of) some one who went there. And then there are all the ladies on this list too!!

I'm still waiting to get my test results back from bloods and scan, etc. and am taking my Provera hoping cycles stay on track.

Re the crisis, DH feels they will end up making a deal at last minutes but if they don't it will probably help us in terms of the US dollar being stronger making the treatment more affordable. I just hope what happened in Cyprus does not happen there. We have a friend who owns businesses there and they lost 500,000 EU when the government took money from the banks. It caused him great struggles and he actually lost one business. I am praying the clinics get through all this in one piece.

Hope everyone is feeling good. Stay well!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to justcantstop For This Useful Post:

ange1111  (07-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IrisJ

Thank you ladies for the encouraging words and sharing your experiences. I sent an email to Dr Nikos and he got back to me within half an hour to ask when is a good time to phone or skype. They had not received my online form. So now I am trying to choose bw the 2 clinics. Its so hard because they 've both been good so far....I hope that all of you have the baby that you've worked so hard for as you seem to make caring and nurturing mothers.

I will let you guys know about my decision and with some luck we'll be on the path to becoming a family! I am still too apprehensive to get excited!

Thanks
    Reviews
    IrisJ I agree with what the others have said... Go with your gut. I spent countless days going through a whole load of clinics across Greece, Spain and Czech Republic which all had good statistics and therefore science.... Chose 5 to Skype with... In the end, Penny from Serum is the only one who made me instantly feel more reassured and less analytical. I was also lucky enough to correspond with a few ladies on this forum who have been to serum to get their personal experiences which was very helpful so maybe that's an option too, once you have spoken to both clinics, to help you decide. Trust me, once that big decision has been made it's a huge weight off your mind! Good luck xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Irisj:

Fully agree with Chillout, once you do pick a clinic, a weight is lifted and you can focus on getting ready physically, medically, emotionally, financially, etc.

Do a skype call with both and trust your instincts!

Cheers ladies!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Irisj, I am too trying to decide between Serum and Embryoland. I had a Skype session with Dr Kanakas (Embryoland) and am speaking with Penny tonight (Serum). I guess it comes down to gut instinct like the girls say. Have heard such good things about both of them that I think we'll be in good hands at either clinic. Good luck and keep us posted as will I.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow new thread ! I have to put my opinion in.

When choosing between Serum and Embryoland, I had no doubt after speaking with Dr Kanakas that he would be doing my transfer, I liked him straight away. I was impressed with the fact that he is very experienced and has 'quote' made "over 5000 babies".

I really appreciated the personal service of Dr Kanakas, he was always available on the phone and always emailed me back when I asked a question. I don't trust people easily and I felt very comfortable with him as soon as I spoke with him and even more so when I saw him and skyped with him.

He always said to me "dont worry, dont worry" and relaxed and comforted me when I was crying my eyes out before transfer feeling like a lonely spinster in his clinic. It was the best choice I've ever made and I can't wait to go back one day for my two frosties.

I wish all you girls the best of luck choosing, but I stand by Dr Nikos Kanakas because he has made me the happiest woman ! He gave me hope when I thought there wasnt any. I flew to Greece on the smallest lining and he said "dont worry, not all women have 8mm lining"..he proved that anything is possible.

I've been craving seafood and wish that I was back in Greece eating grilled octopus, the Greek restaurants here just dont cut it. Enjoy the food while you are there girls and dont forget to stock up on those Greek pessaries, they are better and less gooey than the aussie ones. Enjoy your holiday, light a few candles in a few churches and let the Greek Gods and Goddesses bless you all !

Im in a really great mood and hope that you are all successful on your journey to motherhood. I have my 16 week scan next week on my birthday and hope to find out the sex of my baby...I've had everyone say boy, girl, boy, girl...so it has to be one or the other. Im not fussed, I just want a healthy baby and a natural birth.

for everyone

for the ones who need it, I know I do !!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Yasna For This Useful Post:

kymmymichell  (24-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IrisJ

Thanks ladies for all the info...

Laiylabelle how was your skype with Dr Nk? He is organising a skype with me in over a week but has not asked me to send him any history yet

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone
    The countdown is well and truly on for us. We leave in 5 days. j had a scan witb Wazza this morning and my lining is 7.6mm so thats on track I think for where I am in my cycle. He wantd me to take more progynava so that will be 4 a day. And he has prescribed me some estrogen gel to apply twice a day. And some clexane for before flying and on the way back. So just getting really excited and nervous too.
    Hope you are all well and wishes are coming true. Xx