+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It's really your personal choice. I wouldn't do either at 38weeks but that's just me. The ballon method was beyond my comfort zone ( when that was put forward to me as an option due to my huge baby) and I would do everything possible to avoid a c/section. No one can really tell you what is right for you everyone is different. And my HUGE baby which was estimated to be over 4kg ended up being 3.8kg at 13 days over due.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No labour, induced at 37+5 due to just not being able function at that point hardest thing I've ever done!

Had 2 rounds of gel, decided on a caesar after nothing happening as I was afraid of an emergency situation. Only got to 2.5cm before tapping out. No contractions at all.
    This one, BH from 30 weeks and forceful contractions lasting 20-30 sec felt for a week on and off.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hmm. I'd be thinking long and hard about the timing of an induction if you go down that road. If they don't want to use syntocinon, your body hasn't labored before and you want a June birth you may find it harder to achieve a VBAC than say if you waited until you were closer to term and/or went into labour naturally.

I guess you need to think about what YOU want for your birth. Is it more important to you to have a VBAC or to have a June baby? Have a bit of a think and talk it over with your hubby and then talk to one of the obstetricians at the hospital (sounds like you're going through the public system). If you've got the twins would it be easier to have a set day and time for your delivery to have someone look after them or do you have people who can come look after them at the drop of a hat? There's no right or wrong answer that I can give you, it's about finding the answer that's right for you

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M'LadyEm For This Useful Post:

BH-KatiesMum  (23-06-2015),headoverfeet  (23-06-2015),Once Upon a Time  (22-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Em x

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Caesar or Balloon Catheter - what would you do?

I had the balloon at 38 weeks with DD and went from 0 to 4cm overnight without feeling anything. They put me on the drip after that but unfortunately I then had an emergency csection due to complications.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by tw1nmummy View Post
    He's measuring very big (my twins were 7pd 4 and 8pd 3 at 37+5 haha I bake Giants) and they just said ok how about 38 +1 as we operate thurs and Fridays...

We ideally wanting a June birth date aswell if we could so unfortunately no elective Caesars on Tuesday's (30th June ) the last thurs fri dates are this week to have a June bubba.

I'm cool with a caesar but would be happy to give it a whirl and wouldn't be upset if it didn't work.
    How big do they think bub will be? Estimations can be wildly inaccurate - Even if they could say with certainty bub would be 9 pounds I am surprised they would suggest that's reason enough for a csec. My OB said size wouldn't really play a factor in whether or not I could have a successful VBAC - very few women grow babies they aren't capable of birthing size-wise. 38+1 seems early for a csec..

Can I ask if you are with private healthcare? I was and with hindsight the carer was more csec happy and willing to deliver bub earlier. I went public with nr 2 and they appeared to be much more interested in hearing why I wanted to do.

I really think it would be good for you to think about whether you want a csec or a natural birth. Then once you have decided asking your OB for any specific issues that will stand in the way.

Patient led, not doctor led

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Once Upon a Time  (23-06-2015),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (23-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Your chances of progressing and having a vaginal birth are low if you are induced at 38wks.

If a June birthday is that important then just go for a CS.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (24-06-2015)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    ^that and remember, only you have to live with the actual birth experience, try to do what's right for you in your heart because you wont get a do-over

12. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

tw1nmummy  (23-06-2015)