+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I read a few studies. So 3 out of 4 embryos that grow ahead (5 or 6 on day 5) from IVF and ICSI are male. Our embryo was hatched (6) on day 5. So there was a 75% chance it was male.

ICSI has a slight skew towards girls (a longitudinal study found 59% girls, but a more recent one suggested only 55%) where as fet in the sake longitudinal study was found to have a 75% female rate, but this is only valid when the best 1 or 2 looking ebryos were transferred fresh (those are the ones most likely to be male).

My remaining 2 embryos are grades 3 and 4, from ICSI and frozen. There is a very good chance they are female. I can't work out the exact probability but it's above 75%

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Interesting! I can't remember what stage my DD was on transfer day. The nurses guessed a boy though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Lovebubs77 oh that's great I hope the remaining frosties work and that you won't need another stim.

Hi little sunflowers, I'm totally distracted with my cycles now and I hoped I wouldn't be this way. I feel bad for my son who I should be concentrating on.
    I have found it harder to coordinate and cope with appts as I have had to drag my son to several BTs and scans. It's good to have family around to help of course.

Exiling, That's interesting your predictions about gender. Right now, because I'm feeling like it will not work again (due to bfn) I will be completely happy with either gender. A healthy baby is all I want.
    However if I did have any choice, I'd love a girl. Actually my DH would love a girl☺️

Thanks
    Reviews
    I read studies and look at statistics to help me cope and process it all. I'm weird like that (we all need something)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi LSF!! *waves* Good to see you joining hun.

I've always had a strange feeling that my two day 5 frosties are girls... I don't know why, probably for the reasons exilius said, that on transfer day they weren't as advanced as the two I had put back, and I got DS from that transfer. I always knew he was a boy, from my first BFP at 5dpt. The feeling about my frosties could just be wishful thinking though, as DH and I would both love a girl. Either way, girl or boy, #2 will almost definitely be it for us.

I have my FS Skype appt on Wednesday morning (late afternoon Brisbane time). For some reason I'm super nervous, I don't know why. I adore my FS but he always makes me nervous for some reason, and the fact that I'll be doing this over a computer screen, plus the fact I haven't seen him in two years, is for some reason making me all jittery over it. I'll be happy once it's done, not least because then I'll know that chances are the next time I see him, it'll be whilst lying in a terribly undignified position, while he inserts various contraptions inside me, bahaha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't remember being this nervous last time around. Off to CD7 (day 6 of inj) BT & scan this morning. I barely slept a wink last night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hoping for a good result!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Went well! I've got a few already at 15mm, some around 14mm, 12mm and others about 10mm

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's awesome! I would high 5 you ovaries, but dear god! That'd hurt so much!

Thanks
    Reviews
    True! I'm at the point where it hurts to sit down lol! Only Day 5 of inj it's scary!