+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF for second baby - Anyone want a chat?

Hi ladies thanks for reviving this thread! Good luck to those cycling. ,

I wish I had good news to share but sadly not. I ended up getting a bfp during my last FET cycle however i miscarried at 6 weeks. It hasn't resolved naturally so I'm booked in to have a d&c this week. I was truly heartbroken as perhaps it was my last good chance to have baby no 2.
    I have 1 embryo left but won't transfer it till next year. I wanted a break from meds, especially the prednisone which made me bloated.
    This is now 4 unsuccessful cycles, I don't know how much more we will keep going.
    Last edited by Lillac; 19-10-2015 at 20:05.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Exilius & Lillac I'm sorry to hear your news. It is such a tough journey. 😞

I caught up with my mother's group the other day to celebrate our little ones turning 2 - 5 of the group are now pregnant & I couldn't help but feel like I was getting left behind again. I then end up feeling ungrateful as I have a couple of friends going through ivf who haven't had any success yet & at least we have DD. Constant emotional roller coaster.

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks lovebubs.
    I totally understand where you are coming from- I had a couple of mummies groups after DS and most of them are either pregnant with no 2 or they already had a new baby. I've been left behind again too.
    And at playgroup and child care everyone is there with their two kids. I hate feeling envious and ungrateful for what I have but it still hurts.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lillac For This Useful Post:

exilius  (21-10-2015),Lovebubs77  (21-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, I'm in a very similar boat. This will be transfer number 4 and I believe yet another fail- feel it in my bones. Plus I have the runs, sore boobs and no cramping- not good symptoms for me. I'm out of 'positivity' and I really need this as I live in Singapore and have to travel back for treatment, very tricky with a little one

Anyone considered surrogacy? My hubby is opposed but I'm desperate to give my little one a sibling.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We went back to the magician Wazza for number 2. I'm 43 and the chances were really slim. We got 3 eggs, 2 miraculously turned into good quality blasties. Wazza said due to my age he'd risk putting both back in. There was a 6% chance that one would take, and a 2%chance that both would. So here i sit. ...16 weeks pregnant with twins!
    If it doesn't rain it pours hey? ! The moral of my story is that you too could be one of those stories you hear around there place. I never in a million years thought we'd be one of those stories. But here we are.

Don't give up Ivfers! Xxx

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MusicalGal For This Useful Post:

Lillac  (25-11-2015),midnite01  (08-11-2015),Ngaiz  (08-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MusicalGal View Post
    We went back to the magician Wazza for number 2. I'm 43 and the chances were really slim. We got 3 eggs, 2 miraculously turned into good quality blasties. Wazza said due to my age he'd risk putting both back in. There was a 6% chance that one would take, and a 2%chance that both would. So here i sit. ...16 weeks pregnant with twins!
    If it doesn't rain it pours hey? ! The moral of my story is that you too could be one of those stories you hear around there place. I never in a million years thought we'd be one of those stories. But here we are.

Don't give up Ivfers! Xxx

Epic. Congratulations. I have a 4 year old Wazza miracle

9. The Following User Says Thank You to lilypily For This Useful Post:

MusicalGal  (29-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Otter it is such a hard journey. I wish you all the luck there is. When is your blood test?

Musicalgal - congratulations! I love hearing positive IVF outcomes! I've just done a double embryo transfer, still too early for any indication but we'll see where it goes!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,
    Congratulations musicGal! What a miracle story!
    Otter how did your latest transfer go? I hope it was good news.
    Lovebubs77 how are you going?

I'm not going to cycle until next year. I need the break

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi Lillac! Sorry for my late reply! Back in Oct / Nov we did another stim cycle that resulted in 2 embryos & we transferred both on day 2.... Now I'm 7 weeks pregnant! First scan on Monday! Praying for a heartbeat & wondering if there might even be 2...

DD was a fresh day 2 transfer, same as this transfer, so for me, I think early transfers are the way to go. Long road ahead but I'm feeling positive. Will update on Monday after the scan!

How is everybody else?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hello!
    Is anyone still here? We are thinking about FET for #2.
    #1 is 20 mths old and the result of an over stim and our 1st FET.
    I seriously have no idea how Im going to do early morning bloods 45 mins away with a toddler!