+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    The only reason I don't wish that on the bullies is because I wouldn't wish this hell on anyone.

Yep, sounds like the protocol I was on too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by EmieLou View Post
    Hi Ladies,

Just wondering if anyone wants to come and have a chat in here about undergoing IVF with baby # 2?

I'll start...

I have a 2.5 year old miracle bubba from ICSI IVF. He was embryo transfer # 5.

We had 3 embryos left frozen when I fell pregnant with DS.

We are (I think) ready for #2. We transferred last cycle (unsuccessfully) and I am just waiting for AF to go again.

Our reason for needing IVF is my husband has antibodies in his semen that basically attack his sperm. We need ICSI as his sperm aren't capable of fertilising in the traditional IVF environment, so they have to be injected into the egg.

We had two stim cycles. There were 3 embryos and transfers from the first stim (all unsuccessful). We had 5 embryos and 2 transfers from the second stim (both successful but first ended in miscarriage). The 2nd embryo from that stim cycle was DS 😊

After the unsuccessful transfer last cycle we now have 2 frosties left.

I look forward to having a chat about the feelings that come with doing this all over again...
    Oh wow very similar to us. We also have antisperm antibodies (97%) and just had our first bubba through IVF and we have two frosties in the fridge.

DS is only 1mth old but I'm already thinking about transferring a second in 11 months time - I don't feel like we can wait too long in case the frosties don't take because then we'd be back to stimulation again and I'll be a couple of years older...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow, what are the odds!

Scuba I planned to go back for an aug/sept transfer the day she was born! Similar reasons as you

4. The Following User Says Thank You to exilius For This Useful Post:

ScubaGal  (23-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by exilius View Post
    Our gp asked hubby about trauma and he remembered being held down and booted by a boy wearing steel toecaps as a teen which is why the gp recommended we be tested for it and according to the independent embryologist we got to review our cycle results the only it's the only thing that explains the 0 rate of zona binding.

I think I'd do a stim cycle if my frosties don't work. I really hope I'm pregnant before Feb when I go on holiday a friend who will either have a newborn or be rediculously pregnant. I'm not sure how I'd cope with it otherwise.
    It's amazing to me that more people aren't aware of the damage that can be done to that area.

Like OP my DH has no idea when the injury might have been - he just says he had the 'usual amount' of copping a football in the groin growing up... But can't recall a single really bad incident... I feel like boys (and girls) should be better educated about how important it is to protect themselves there.

I remember in high school there was a joke if someone got kicked in the balls the kids would say "there goes Father's Day" but I was shocked to find out it's really true.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

exilius  (23-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We were talking about similar things when my DHs SA came back with 0. Trying to work out if he'd had any injuries. Totally bizarre to discover his vas deferens was totally missing!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF for second baby - Anyone want a chat?

My DH said that he had his crotch violently grabbed and squeezed with nails digging in and everything by this big butch bully of a girl when he was a teenager. He said the only reason he didn't attack her back is he would never ever lay a hand on a girl, no matter how horrible they are. Anyway, even though we don't know why he's Azoo, our FS and a urologist have both told him it's most likely that it wasn't trauma, but something determined in utero or even at conception. Just bad smegging luck.
    Last edited by Sariele; 23-06-2015 at 22:57.

Thanks
    Reviews
    EL - Thanks. No IVF is not an option for us in England, it's far too expensive as you have to pay for it all yourself. The NHS will pay for one stim and one FET, and only if you're under 35 and have no living children.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies I'd like to join you.
    My DS is turning 2 next month and we are currently TTC #2. My DH has male infertility so we use icsi. So far I've had an ICSI cycle in Nov 2014 - BFN. Another ICSI in March this year -bfn. 4 frozen
    I've just finished a FET cycle and had a chemical pregnancy. Looks like it's going to be a long road for me.

With DS it took 4 cycles so I expected for TTC 2 to be as tough but now in the midst of it I am finding it emotionally tough. I'm 37 now so I know that is starting to be an issue too.

I hope you all have better success with your cycles. It's great some of you have frosties left from your previous cycles .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, I'd love to join as well! DD is 18 months & I'm currently 8DP 2DT following a FET. We have unexplained infertility - but I always think this means that at this point in time they cannot diagnose whatever has been causing our infertility. Our journey has been 3 x IUI, 2 IVF cycles with 2 fresh & 3 frozen transfers, plus laporoscopy & hysteroscopy. DD was our fresh transfer from our second cycle. This FET needed 2 embryos to be thawed as when the first thawed, the cells merged rather than divided over the next 24 hours. They quickly thawed another one, but we have no idea how it would have progressed had it been given the extra 24 hours. So far, I'm feeling less stressed than the cycles before DD...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'll join. We are TTC our second after our one frozen embie failed last month. In the middle of our second fresh cycle now, I'm unsure how committed I am though. Thinking I won't do another fresh cycle if this doesn't work out, and just enjoy DD.