+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default IVF for second baby - Anyone want a chat?

Hi Ladies,

Just wondering if anyone wants to come and have a chat in here about undergoing IVF with baby # 2?

I'll start...

I have a 2.5 year old miracle bubba from ICSI IVF. He was embryo transfer # 5.

We had 3 embryos left frozen when I fell pregnant with DS.

We are (I think) ready for #2. We transferred last cycle (unsuccessfully) and I am just waiting for AF to go again.

Our reason for needing IVF is my husband has antibodies in his semen that basically attack his sperm. We need ICSI as his sperm aren't capable of fertilising in the traditional IVF environment, so they have to be injected into the egg.

We had two stim cycles. There were 3 embryos and transfers from the first stim (all unsuccessful). We had 5 embryos and 2 transfers from the second stim (both successful but first ended in miscarriage). The 2nd embryo from that stim cycle was DS 😊

After the unsuccessful transfer last cycle we now have 2 frosties left.

I look forward to having a chat about the feelings that come with doing this all over again...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there!

We had our science baby 15m ago. She's the result of an fet and luckily from our first successful transfer attempt (we had a transfer cancelled half way through the procedure). We have 2 more 'freezer babies' waiting to see if they have the potential to be a real baby.

As luck would have it we have the exact same issue. Although our clinic doesn't test for (even though the referring Dr recommended the test) so we didn't find out until our first split cycle and 10 eggs were thrown in the bin! Officially we're "unexplained". On the upside I also have DOR so we got rushed through to ivf and didn't have to spend years on treatments that would never be able to work.

I go back to my clinic early in august (a few days after af starts) and hope to have a transfer as early as possible.

Good luck with your transfer! I hope af gets her **** into gear and arrives soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Exilius,

It's fascinating to come across someone with the same issue.

I didn't realise it wasn't in a standard SA test. DH only had the one test so the FS must have tested for it from the start.

The FS said he had only seen such cases if there had been a significant trauma or previous testical surgery but there was nothing that DH could think of.

I really hope I don't have to do a stimulated cycle again. I feel that I would have to want it as badly as I did the first time around to do another stim cycle and I'm not quite there yet. I want it enough to do transfers but possibly not enough to do another stim. I'm sure that will change though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our gp asked hubby about trauma and he remembered being held down and booted by a boy wearing steel toecaps as a teen which is why the gp recommended we be tested for it and according to the independent embryologist we got to review our cycle results the only it's the only thing that explains the 0 rate of zona binding.

I think I'd do a stim cycle if my frosties don't work. I really hope I'm pregnant before Feb when I go on holiday a friend who will either have a newborn or be rediculously pregnant. I'm not sure how I'd cope with it otherwise.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies, dropping in here to chat too. My DS is also 15 months, and I'm gearing up for an FET for #2 in Aug/Sept. We're living in England now, so I'm having to travel back for it, staying in Perth and will be doing the cycle remotely from there, but flying over to Brisbane where my clinic is for the transfer itself. I'll try and sum up my history briefly (sorry to exilius as she's knows all this): DH is Azoo, so we use donor sperm. I have very dodgy eggs, even though I'm only 34 now, and we started IVF when I was 31. FS is stumped as to why. Did 4 stim cycles with dreadful results -- only ever had one or two eggs fertilise, and day 5 embies were only morulae, not blasties. Had an FET with a dodgy day 6 blasty from my 3rd stim while I went on DHEA and other supplements for 3 months. Then did a final 5th stim that we threw everything at: 600iu Gonal, Saizen (growth hormone, very expensive and unclaimable), I did pretty much everything recommended by other IVF-ears that they did on their successful cycles, acupuncture, etc. etc. We ended up with 15 eggs, all mature, 10 fertilised, and 5 blasties (one of them just a borderline Day 6 though). Transferred the best two and got our DS. So I have 3 in the freezer. One looks promising, based purely on its growth pattern in the lab. Another was a bit erratic but could still be okay. Then the dodgy Day 6. I'm hoping to have the two best ones transferred this time. The day 6 one I'll leave and maybe use with a freshie in a future cycle, if necessary.

Realistically, given my cycle history, this FET is probably not going to work, but strangely I have very high hopes. A lot of that may be desperation though, cause if it doesn't work, we won't be able to stim again til we're living back in Australia, and I have no idea when that will be. It could seriously end up being at least a couple of years (hopefully not), and by then my eggs may be so shot that even DHEA and Saizen might not help.

Anyway, hello, nice to have somewhere to chat about IVF for #2.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Sariele if you don't mind me asking, what do you mean by dodgy day 6? Is it that it wasn't a blast on day 5 so they gave it an extra day before freezing, or that it got to day 6 status on day 5?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah, the first. The two day 6 frosties I've had (from 3rd and 5th stim) were total laggers on transfer day.. Not yet morulae, in fact not even compacting. I was told that they'd watch them overnight but that they probably wouldn't make it. But they both did. The one from my 3rd cycle survived the thaw and actually implanted, very very late though. I was peeing BFNs on 9dpt, stopped to wait for AF, then got the faintest ghost line ever a few days later when AF didn't show. Hcg the next day was 6. I could barely even call it a chemical, lol. This one in the freezer now was only 16 cells on day 5 (I think, I'd have to check my lab paperwork), but the next day was frozen as a blasty. In fact it could even be an expanded blasty, again I'd have to check. But it was described to me over the phone and written on my sheet as "borderline", so being that erratic and weird, I highly doubt it's worth getting excited about.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone! I'm about to start a cycle any day now for baby #2. My daughter is almost 2 and I've been waiting a few months to start after I stopped BF her. I feel like a total newbie again!

My DH has CAVD (missing vas deferens) and is a CF carrier. He had a TESE so we have frozen sperm so it's all up to me now! We need to have ICSI but I don't have fertility issues myself. I'll be on an antagonist cycle with puregon, ovidrel and orgalutran.

Good luck everyone with their cycles!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck caketin!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF for second baby - Anyone want a chat?

Exilius OMG that makes me want to find that bully and kick him in his privates! That is so cruel 😟

Sariele, the frosties from your 'good batch' sound like they are very hopeful. I have everything crossed for a successful transfer for you. Is IVF in England not a possibility for you? It must be a huge amount of pressure on you having to travel to Aus for IVF.

Catekin, best of luck for your stim cycle. Seeing the names of the drugs makes it all come flooding back! Sounds very similar to my stim cycles.

Good luck everyone. I look forward to keeping up to date on your journeys :-)

I think AF is due today or tomorrow, fingers crossed then we start our frostie cycle.