+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 64 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Sue77 Yes, Wazza did talk about DE's in my first appointment (your first appointment with him is an average of 1.5hrs) but it was in the same context as Dr L spoke to @Vixjc .

He went through our options (I was also 39 with the 3 failed Cycles under my belt) and told us almost identical to what Dr L told Vix. We could either keep trying for a few more rounds, do donor eggs or embryo's or hang up our hats and find a way to move on with life (he didn't bother with the adoption route. Prob knew it was a waste of time at our age).

I questioned how many more Cycles it would be realistic to do before we gave the game away as donor eggs weren't an option for us and told him after Cycle 4 failed we were willing to do another 2 with him (as we still had 2 vials of DP's frozen TESA'd sperm and didn't want to waste them) and that was it.

He agreed that if we still had a BFN after 6 full stim Cycles at my age (taking into account how many embryo's we made and had transferred in total....24 embryo's created, 12 transferred but in all likelihood would've been at least 1 more if we had to Cycle again) then it wasn't worth trying anymore with my OE's. In saying that, you can choose to do however many Cycles you want and he will honour your wishes. It's more that he needs you to understand the realities of the situation at our age which you do.

A month off to regroup and prepare sounds good Luv Of course I'm hoping and praying one of your frosties will give you a sticky BFP!! I can imagine how bittersweet it was on the weekend for your nephews party It would've been wonderful having a big family reunion and get together, but painful at the same time, so I'm sorry for the hurt you and your DH would've felt That little ache in your heart that happens when you're around other children..I remember it well Luv
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 29-06-2015 at 07:20.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Skyler  (30-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Kellyk77 Good Luck for today Luv!!! (if she hasn't already made an appearance!!!)

Am thinking of you all and keeping everything and sending prayers to the Universe for the swift and safe delivery of your little Princessxoxox

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Good luck Kel!!! Keep us up to date.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck @kelly77!👣

Thanks
    Reviews
    Little update from me... My waters broke about at about 3.30 yesterday afternoon. I was in emergency as I had a terrible headache come on really quickly and wouldn't ease plus I hadn't felt the baby move in a few hours. So was being monitored and went to go to the loo and as I hopped off the bed I felt this huge gush. Luckily when I got there they gave me a pad to put on!! So then dr checked and he was like yep membranes have def ruptured! So went home to see if Id go into labour overnight, which I did but now it has completely stalled. So need to go in and get checked this afternoon and if labour doesn't start again on its own ill be induced in the morning. It's so frustrating as contractions got to under 5 mins apart and then stopped 😣 maybe little miss has changed her mind and isn't ready after all! But her mumma is exhausted 😥

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kellyk77 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (29-06-2015),Corbes  (29-06-2015),Kelly70  (29-06-2015),missybear  (29-06-2015),Skyler  (30-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellyk77 View Post
    Little update from me... My waters broke about at about 3.30 yesterday afternoon. I was in emergency as I had a terrible headache come on really quickly and wouldn't ease plus I hadn't felt the baby move in a few hours. So was being monitored and went to go to the loo and as I hopped off the bed I felt this huge gush. Luckily when I got there they gave me a pad to put on!! So then dr checked and he was like yep membranes have def ruptured! So went home to see if Id go into labour overnight, which I did but now it has completely stalled. So need to go in and get checked this afternoon and if labour doesn't start again on its own ill be induced in the morning. It's so frustrating as contractions got to under 5 mins apart and then stopped 😣 maybe little miss has changed her mind and isn't ready after all! But her mumma is exhausted 😥
    Good luck Kelly. Best wishes for a safe delivery

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

Kellyk77  (29-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    @Kellyk77 Bloody Hell Luv!! All this stopping and starting, no wonder you're exhausted!!

Hope you've managed to get some rest last night and today. Should see if he can get things going this arvo for you Luv?? Mind you, depends on what tactic he's going to take to induce you I suppose??

Anyhoo..thanks for taking the time to update us Am hoping things will pick up again for you today and that you'll have bub in your arms asap!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Kellyk77  (29-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ooh! Good luck Kellyk77! I'm hoping that cheeky little monkey makes her appearance soon and then lets you have a nice rest! No wonder you're exhausted! Exciting !!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly70 View Post
    I'm awaiting DB at a bar for insemination #2 this cycle. Yawn!!!

Or you could scope the bar for a more suitable donor

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skyler For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (30-06-2015),ScubaGal  (01-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha @Skyler, no such luck!! Had a positive opk test this morning too so sneaked to his place at lunchtime for a top up of the golden boys!!!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kelly70 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (30-06-2015),missybear  (30-06-2015)