+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1454626364
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey @Charlie74 - absolutely I remember you! Wow you still have a bit of a journey ahead yet lovely, I wish you so well on that. You're only 41-ish yeah? Good to know that adoption and permanent care are an option though isn't it. It would be an incredible thing to do both for yourselves and a poor wee one. You guys could go for adoption too, which might be a better option as the kiddos are voluntarily offered and not necessarily from a traumatic background. Adoption here is still so backward - Mr Progressive Daniel Andrews I see is making changes so that same sex couples can adopt in Victoria, but I've seen nothing about single women yet. Also I think they only manage to adopt out a very small number of infants each year..
    I've not seen the Facebook ads and videos etc for permanent care. Must see if I can get that happening!
    I didn't make it to the perm care info session this week as I'm going to attend one next month that is on after work, will def keep you updated on that!

Yep Blonde, there are several training sessions you must attend after the info session. Jeez I read an article this week though that talked about a DHS bungle where they accidentally released the carers home address to some disgruntled birth father who was known to be violent. You would only hope and pray not to have that happen.. My dad couldn't deal with the idea of me having my own baby as a single parent, goodness knows how he'd respond to this permanent care idea. Which is why I'm not telling him about it just yet

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kelly70 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (16-07-2016),Charlie74  (15-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly70 View Post
    Hey @Charlie74 - absolutely I remember you! Wow you still have a bit of a journey ahead yet lovely, I wish you so well on that. You're only 41-ish yeah? Good to know that adoption and permanent care are an option though isn't it. It would be an incredible thing to do both for yourselves and a poor wee one. You guys could go for adoption too, which might be a better option as the kiddos are voluntarily offered and not necessarily from a traumatic background. Adoption here is still so backward - Mr Progressive Daniel Andrews I see is making changes so that same sex couples can adopt in Victoria, but I've seen nothing about single women yet. Also I think they only manage to adopt out a very small number of infants each year..
    I've not seen the Facebook ads and videos etc for permanent care. Must see if I can get that happening!
    I didn't make it to the perm care info session this week as I'm going to attend one next month that is on after work, will def keep you updated on that!

Yep Blonde, there are several training sessions you must attend after the info session. Jeez I read an article this week though that talked about a DHS bungle where they accidentally released the carers home address to some disgruntled birth father who was known to be violent. You would only hope and pray not to have that happen.. My dad couldn't deal with the idea of me having my own baby as a single parent, goodness knows how he'd respond to this permanent care idea. Which is why I'm not telling him about it just yet
    How's it going @Kelly70 are you still looking into fostering/perm care? Somehow I ended up reading about it recently and feel quite strongly about fostering at some point.

Congrats @Vixjc how wonderful 🎆🎆🎆
    Where is everyone else up to?

DS1 is 15 months now and the light of my life. Just scrumptious.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

Kelly70  (15-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @ScubaGal - hey darlin!! Thanks for checking in! I'm actually away in Europe on a 5 week holiday with the family; has been amaaaaazing. Back in about 10 days.

Still thinking perm care through and I didn't make it to an info session before I went away. I am definitely planning to attend when I get back from holidays. I'm still trying to determine whether I try fostering first before taking the big leap- that would be sensible however I really don't want to be too much older than this especially if I take on a child under 2. I'm still **** scared about taking this on by myself, as I was scared about having a baby on my own. Good thing is, I shared this perm care idea with my brother and my sis in law for this first time whilst on our holiday (after a few champers whilst in France and they were both hugely supportive and excited about the idea. Which made me feel really good.

I'll ring then when I return from holidays and get the ball rolling. I'll be sure to update you guys on it all.

Scuba, I agree, it would be an incredibly rewarding thing to offer a neglected or abused child an incredible new life. I really hope I have the balls to take it on - going to the sessions will be the first step clearly. I'm sure it will be eye opening and a huge learning curve and that I am incredibly naive about it all right now (just like starting out with IVF).

All we need now is for Mr Andrews to rewrite the adoption laws so that single people can adopt too. I'd be so much more comfortable with adoption.

Any updates from anyone else?

Xx

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kelly70 For This Useful Post:

Charlie74  (17-09-2016),Chiefsgirl  (18-09-2016),faithandhopellove  (16-10-2016)