+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 64 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thankk you so much Blondeinbrisvegas and Missybear. Your support means the world to me .

I have already booked an appointment with Dr Warren when I had my last bfn and Lilypily ( from the other thread)advised me to see him. The earliest was in November. I am on their cancellation list too. I have also booked a phone consult with Dr M in Sydney regarding a full check up of my immune issues( also refered by Lilypily earlier) . We will also see Dr nick Logatis from Monash as Blondeinbrisvegas suggested and yes he is in Monash too. And he also deals with very tough cases I have heard. I want a few more opinions before I call it quits with my own eggs and move to a donor.

I totally agree there would be a problem in my egg quality..somewhere .. That is why it is not working and Lynn is a very good doc and has been able to make 2 chromosomally normal blasts and 4 other blasts, but there is a way and manner any doctor should follow in talking to their patients. I don't expect any tlc from her.. But atleast don't shrug me off just because cases like me are affecting your success rate( I know she is the celebrity doc and the baby whisperer etc). We were talking to her and it was barely 10 minutes and she stood up while talking and came to the door indirectly telling us to leave . I think that's not acceptable when we are paying for her services and she said ideally you should be having your babies in your twenties.. Cmon I know that.. I wouldn't have been sitting here I front of you at 38.

i have seen people getting very few eggs and quality problems , fertilisation problems and still getting over the line. She said u have a lot of eggs AMH is fine .. No problems making blastocysts .. They thaw properly and all she thinks they lose the energy to divide after that .. So may be the mitochondria are weak( which is fair enough). But she could have said that's can try till u want as u are getting eggs and blastocysts..

I had 2 blasts out of my 12 eggs retrieved which I know is less but my sister had 3 blasts out of her 19 eggs retrieved and she has a perfect healthy baby boy. I know I have a quality problem that's why only 2 blastocysts are made out of so many eggs.. But in the end u need only 1 . I know it's very difficult in my case because 4 blastocysts havnt worked.. But I don't think 4 blasts it too much to try and quit. I have seen girls who have tried more than 4 blasts and have their babies today. Basically she has lost interest in our case because it's unexplained and a tough one. Even I know I don't want to have any false hopes but will do the fet with 2 blasts that I have left and may be 2 or 3 more stimulated cycles( with other doctors) before I move on to the donor journey. I know there is no hope, but because I can make blasts , I want to try a little bit more and take a few more opinions.

Sorry for the long post.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sue77 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (26-06-2015),missybear  (26-06-2015),Skyler  (26-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Sue77 Firstly, there's no need to apologise for your post whether it be long or short. It helps to get it all off your chest sometimes and share how you're feeling with others that can understand and can give comfort, reassurance etc

I'm appalled at the way she treated you Luv I'm sorry, but what a cold, heartless B*tch!! That is the last thing you (or anybody else on this crapper of a journey) need!! It makes me so angry and upset to hear this happened to you Luv, it really does.

That's right, I do recall now that you did book in with Wazza, so that's good. Not so good it's Nov at this stage, but you get a cancellation asap. I'm very glad to hear you've booked a consult with Dr M and will organise to see Dr L as well

You're doing everything that I would if I was in your shoes..i.e casting your net wider and seeking out further opinions etc from other leading FS/RI's looking for answers. It's definitely the right thing to do IMO before considering DE's. When do you think you'll see Dr M or Dr L??

I know the delay while you consult them all will be frustrating, but I'm that some reason as to why will be found and whatever it is can be addressed and dealt with. LB's not the end all or be all of FS's, there are plenty more out there that are just as good as her, if not better (like all 3 of the one's you're going to see) who at least have an open mind about things and will throw the absolute kitchen sink at you to get you over the line to a sticky BFP!!

Please let us know if there's anything else we can do to help and also how things are going with you because I'm extremely interested in hearing how your appointments with all 3 of them go and what they have to say/suggest

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Sue77 Wow, that's appalling behaviour from Lynn. I'm so sorry you experienced that, just awful. In no way, shape or form is that acceptable to treat any person or patient in that manner. I sometimes what her motivation is for treating patients.
    On a brighter note, I'm so glad you have a brilliant plan of action moving forward. The gorgeous girls on here are quite often worth 100 FS's combined!!
    I've only had 2 visits to Lynn & both times I've walked out & wondered if I would have had a better experience with the infamous Wazza.
    @Kelly70 The very best of luck with your DB week!
    AFM I'm finally on CD1 of my 1st cycle. I have my CD6 scan & bloods booked in for Wednesday and another set on CD8 - Friday. I've taken Pred tabs for the 1st time today & start injecting tomorrow night. I need to youtube how to mix the Menopur tonight.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (26-06-2015),Kelly70  (26-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Tahli You go Girl!!! to you Luv!!

P.S...The Pred used to make me feel like a "scattered mess" at times, give me insomnia here and there and experience increased hunger as well sometimes.
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 26-06-2015 at 15:17.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Love the pics of the beautiful fur babies @Kelly70 & @Corbes !! Too cute.
    @ScubaGal baby scuba is divine!! Hope it's all going well.
    @Kelly70 good luck with DB this month. Maybe if you tell him he's lacking a little in the boudoir satisfaction dept he might back off a little and not be so damn cheeky!
    @Sue77 I'm so sorry to hear about your bfn and how Lynn treated you. I would give up on her now and go with the others. She sounds like her care factor is zero and you don't need that. I've heard amazing things about wazza so hopefully he can try something new for you. Are you still seeing Richard for herbs and acupuncture?

Good luck with your cycle @Tahli!!
    @BlondeinBrisvegas you sell yourself short!! You are such an amazing person who is always there with words of encouragement for everyone. I love reading your posts as they always bring a smile to my face. I truly think you should be a counsellor (if you aren't already!). You really are an angel!!
    @missybear hope you're still enjoying practicing and you get your BFP this month too 😊

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kellyk77 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (26-06-2015),Kelly70  (26-06-2015),ScubaGal  (26-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sue77 - that sounds horrific! No one should be treated that way. Upgrade your FS luv - you deserve it!!

I've been to Dr L. He's pretty matter-of-fact but not like what you've just described with Lyn. He is pro donor eggs so be ready for that to be a part of your discussion.

Big hug to you xx I don't believe all hope is lost yet, you create normal blasties, that's awesome! Such a huge part of the battle already won. Good luck with your next steps and yay you for taking charge and throwing everything at it x

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (26-06-2015),Kelly70  (26-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    @Kellyk77 Thank-you for the kind words Luv, but there are a lot more Lovelies here on BH that are far more knowledgeable etc than I!!

A counsellor I'm not and although I've entertained thoughts of it in my younger years, I know it'd end up doing my head in dealing with it all day everyday IYKWIM?? I'd end up a "closet alcho" I reckon, such would be my need to go home and "delete the day"

Now, how are YOU doing?? More specifically, when's this baby going to come out of there!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    @Vixjc Oh, that's good you've given @Sue77 some insight into what Dr L is like Luv I know he's got an excellent reputation.

@Sue77 Wazza will give you the donor egg talk as well as it's just part and parcel of the realities of being in our age group ok Luv?? He's also very upfront and honest but not in a brutal way. He is a very caring man who will take whatever amount of time it takes to sort things through when you have your appointments with him.

It's a bit of an unwritten rule to expect that your appointment will be running late (unless you're the first of the day) because of the fact of taking his time with other patients plus you know he'll be doing the same for you
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 26-06-2015 at 19:57.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dear Sue,
    I am so sorry about your latest outcome and the way Lynn, the so called baby whisperer, has treated you. I can very much relate to your story, yes it's a rare case EXACTLY like mine. Not many people fall into this boat- high responders, lots of eggs, good AMH, pgd normal emby, NO BABY. Yes there are alot of low responders and that can not be fun either but none of the so called baby whisperers can give us an answer about what is going on in our cases!!! I feel so bad that silly woman basically pushed you out the door. I agree the FS's do that because you will affect their success rates. It kind of happened to me as well. To be told yes even though you get an average of 15 eggs and 3 blastocysts PER CYCLE, you had better give up (because you are making my stats look bad), is just rude and it's what has gotten me so down, that same attitude from my original FS. Hon I feel for you. And you know I actually did give up when so many others have not given up because their doctors are SUPPORTIVE. Makes me so mad on your behalf. Now sorry I don't want to offend low responders I am just so frustrated that the rare cases of high responders with no babies are treated so flippantly by the Dr's. Yes I know the mitochondria in my eggs are probably crap but there's still a ton of eggs coming out each cycle, couldn't one of them be ok???!!! So sorry Sue.

And sorry ladies I have not kept up well with this thread, have been working and studying. Congratulations on the fabulous news about your brother Kelly.
    Last edited by Skyler; 26-06-2015 at 20:43.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Skyler For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (26-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    @Kelly70 Hope you're enjoying your Fri night drinks with the Girls😊 Have a few for me!!!😁

16. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Kelly70  (26-06-2015)