+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 64 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    @Kelly70 there's a good chance of a kid ending up an angry teen for all sorts of reasons, just by virtue of being a teenager, God knows I was an angry angry teen. Right up till I turned 30 if I'm honest and I knew both my bio parents. It's true that a donor conceived kid might be angry about that but if it's not that, it'll be something else for sure.

A nephew of mine has the most stable, loving, nuclear family and he's constantly angry at them for the most bizarre reasons, we call him the rebel without a cause. He goes on about how he's just got nothing in common with them and they totally don't understand him one bit - typical teenager stuff. His folks are flabbergasted, no matter how nice they are he pushes them away. He will grow out of it eventually 😜

I wonder too if in the future gene mapping will become more commonplace and it may be possible to learn about ancestry even where anonymous donors are used. There was a show on TV a while ago starring Eddie Izzard the comedian where he had his genes mapped right back to Africa and all these little mutations revealed information about his early ancestry, it was fascinating stuff, all from a single blood sample.

Anyway I'm rambling and I can't really talk because I have a bio child within a hetero marriage so we are about as middle of the road vanilla as it gets, but still I do think, as Vixjc said, the bond you get is from being there for every smile and teaching your baby to laugh by doing silly dances, and cuddling them every time they cry and that's not genetics, that's mothering.

Not to negate your concerns, they seem like valid ones to be prepared for, but to me they aren't big enough hurdles to be worth missing out on sharing that love that comes from having a baby and being a mum.

Thanks
    Reviews
    "I am his world just as much as he is mine. Genes be damned." You just made me shed tears Vix!!
    You're an intelligent woman Kelly, who is well up for navigating the world of a donor conceived child. Just work through each step with careful consideration and then you'll know in your gut if you can take that leap of faith. You deserve to be holding a baby in those loving arms of yours.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

Vixjc  (29-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just realised that my comment about the decision to go to donor was easy because 'having a family is just so important to us' - might actually sound like I think that those who don't choose the donor path don't want a family as much as we do ... But that's not what I'm trying to say. We ALL want families, that's why we get on this crazy bucking horse. It's also easier I think when one part of a couple is contributing to the process. I did get comfort from knowing DH is the genetic dad. I just meant that for me personally, I really wanted a child with DH, even if it was not genetically mine ... We had talked vaguely about adoption but knew we were probably 'too old'.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi y'all I posted this on the over 40's thread yesterday

"Just a quick note that on the Egg Donation Australia site they have just done a clean up and only have 9 recipients left actively looking for egg donors. There are over a hundred donors registered on the site. It usually looks chokka with adverts so if anyone is thinking about it, now might be a good time to place an ad! Hope that's ok to post this here."

There are single ladies on there teaming up with donors all the time.

good luck xx

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

Kelly70  (09-10-2015),missybear  (30-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default News

So I turned 45 a month ago and it seems a little miracle has occurred and I have conceived naturally. I'm one week late and clearly not a POAS addict I wish that line was a little darker for one week late but a line is a line!With the excitement comes a lot of fear - I know the stats so I have some very scary days and weeks ahead. But let's face it. Even to conceive naturally at my age is a 1% chance. And we've only been 'not' not trying for three cycles. After the crazy failed IVF journey I feel like this is a miracle.When we decided to leave this in fates hands, the fella said 'somebody has to win the lottery' - it seems my numbers came up. The size of the prize is still to be determined. i wasn't sure if I was ready to share this but I realised whatever happens, it's important to let people know as it's such a difficult journey without enough information. I'm hopeful but not unrealistic. Hope you will all send positive vibes to this little one to defy the odds! X
    Last edited by Jem70; 08-10-2015 at 06:15.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jem70 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (03-10-2015),emski72  (03-10-2015),missybear  (03-10-2015),Nereid  (03-10-2015),ScubaGal  (03-10-2015),Tahli  (04-10-2015),winsor  (05-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Jem70 OMFG!!!! Congratulations to you both Luv!!👏👏👏👏👏👍😁

That's a beautiful line!!!😊 Don't be worrying about that. You know it's about the HCG level/doubling times anyway😊

I'm sending lots of sticky Babydust & praying this will be your take home baby!!!😊xoxo

P.S....One day at a time Luv...One test at a time...One scan at a time..One milestone at a time😊xoxo

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Jem70  (03-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've always said you're my guardian angel @BlondeinBrisvegas

thank you xx

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Jem70 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (03-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG Jem70! First time I've looked at bubhub for months and I see your photo! That is just so so wonderful. Yay! As BIB says the line is just perfect and darker than I ever had with my daughter. I know it's a long road, but I'm so thrilled for you, not in the least because you've found someone you want to raise a child with, which is such a beautiful thing in itself. Go baby, go! xxx

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nereid For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (03-10-2015),Jem70  (03-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by Jem70 View Post
    I've always said you're my guardian angel @BlondeinBrisvegas

thank you xx
    No Luv....you did this one all on your own (with a little help from your man of course!!😉😁)xoxo

Thank-you Universe!!😊xo

16. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Jem70  (03-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Jem70😊fabulous news, I'm so so happy for you, will be praying for you every single day that it's a super sticky bubba xx

18. The Following User Says Thank You to missybear For This Useful Post:

Jem70  (03-10-2015)