+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 64 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies,

So my mum's diagnosis is not imminently fatal (like a melanoma with metastasis to the bones would have been) but it's still incurable and she's been classified palliative. It's breast cancer with metastasis to multiple bone sites including her skull and there's a small spot on the lungs too. Mastectomy soon and they'll start radiation right away. Looks pretty bad to me. They told her it's an estrogen fueled breast cancer which may have been caused by her 25 years on the pill and said tell your daughter to stay off the pill. No issues there as I stopped it 7 years ago now but I was on it for 20 years prior to that. Joy!! Actually if I could go back to my younger self now, I would def tell me to not go on the pill at all.

Dad back Friday, thanks be to god.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kelly70 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (23-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Jesus Kelly I don't know what to say. I'm so sorry for you and your family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Kelly, I have no words, none at all. I'm so sorry you are all going through this. Huge hugs to all of you xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Kelly70 Oh fruck Luv, I'm so very sorry

The doctors will do what they can to buy her as much time as possible Luv. They bought my mum an extra almost 2 years. I can imagine how shell shocked you all are especially your mum Luv

I'm glad your dad will be home on Friday to help ease the load you've been carrying. Thankfully you're a strong, tightknit family so I know you will all rally around your mum, your brother and each other. Am praying for you mum Luv as well as your brother (hope his stem cell transplant goes well) plus sending much love and hugs your wayxoxox

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Blonde - your mum had this too?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Kelly70 She had lung cancer Luv primarily.

ETA- She had radiation followed at a later stage by Microwave Ablation to the tumour itself plus regular blood transfusions in the last few months.

She passed away 14 months ago...not long before DD was born😢
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 23-09-2015 at 16:47.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do you have red blood flow now @missybear? I'm glad you're not giving up! How long has been now since your last AF?
    @Kelly70 I just wanted to send you a big hug as I reckon you need as many as you can get right now.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

Kelly70  (27-09-2015),missybear  (24-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tahli. Hi Hun😊 all good here. Yep, red flow here, a tad lighter than I would expect, but other normal symptoms feeling slightly meh and a bit headachy. It was a forced AF after taking the pill like I said before, cheesed off with waiting! CD 113!!!!
    I will OPK as soon as AF stops to see if anything is happening but not feeling too confident😕 we'll see, you never know😉 thanks for asking😊
    @Kelly70 ((cyber hugs)) xx

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to missybear For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (24-09-2015),Kelly70  (27-09-2015),Tahli  (24-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You were immensely patient to wait 113 days before resorting to the pill @missybear. Full kudos to you! Bring on the positive OPKs!! They'd be such a lovely reward after waiting so long. Good luck hun.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (28-09-2015),missybear  (24-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Starting IVF Mar/Apr 2014 - aged 43, single #4

Hi ladies, thanks so much for your virtual hugs and lovely words - the shock of mum's diagnosis is wearing off a little and I'm managing okay. Going to be a tough year ahead though, after an already tough year, wtf!! Why has someone pointed a big stick at my little family!! I would like it to stop pronto. Feeling vaguely paranoid about my own health now and my dad's! But no way could we be that unlucky.

Struggling a bit at the moment because my mum wants to speak with me every day pretty much, from hospital. She's drugged up to the eyeballs most of the time and it's hard to make sense of everything she's saying and a lot of it is bloody heavy cancer stuff. I can't take it every day after all I've been through with my brother, I feel like I'm hitting my threshold. She does have her husband, who is awesome, but is leaning heavily on me and demanding to see my father (they split 20 years ago because she is pretty much a crazy woman) and it's wearing already. F*cking cancer!!!

Anyways. Rant over. Onto baby stuff, I need to think about my life too! So I've caught up on the other thread with your DE journey @Tahli and can see you've had an amazing response with your donor and can't wait to see you home and POASing ASAP!! I've been thinking about DE and the same thoughts keep coming up and I'm sure the concerns may be allayed through counselling etc but I'm wondering if you @Tahli and @Vixjc and @emski72 worked through some of the same things.

My main worry as follows (please forgive me if it sounds insensitive or ignorant.. I truly don't mean it that way) - what are the odds of the child being angry at some point as they hit young adulthood/teen years? I've read some stories online penned by angry teens, even ones who knew about their donor conception all along. How likely is it that they may struggle with identity related issues and/or wind up troubled? There's a double whammy with being single that there may not be not only a bio-dad but not even a father figure in their life either (if I don't meet anyone). I do remember my counsellor at Melbourne ivf saying that donor conceived children usually end up better adjusted or as well adjusted as non-donor conceived children (and are generally just happy to be here) but still I ask myself am I being selfish doing this as a single?

Also with egg (and sperm) donors from other countries, how does it work with our identity laws - do they remain anonymous to the child living in Australia, even after they turn 18?

And finally - I remember a post written by @emski72 ages ago where she mentioned that it's absolutely not the same as having a biological child. It's still amazing and there's that incredible love, but it's not the same. Will I love the baby the same as if it was my bio child?

Any input welcome.. So sorry if any of it sounds insensitive, it's just what I'm thinking and feeling I guess.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kelly70 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (28-09-2015),Charlie74  (29-09-2015),Tahli  (29-09-2015)