+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 64 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly70 View Post
    @Tahli - have you thought about where you would get your egg donor from?? My single girlfriend in Noosa who is 42 and just had an abysmal 4th failed oe ivf cycle in QLD messaged me before she started the cycle and said, let's take a trip to Spain together for donor eggs!! Sounded like a cool idea to me and would be so nice to have someone to go with! Care to join us?? Although I did say that considering her and my light colouring (both fair skin, blue eyes) that we should maybe go to Capetown. Of course I've not really thought any of this through yet but just putting it out there!!
    This sounds like the trip of a lifetime. One of you could write a book about it that would become a movie...

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (19-08-2015),Kelly70  (19-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi girls, what are your opinions on 3 positive opks 3 days in a row?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Hmmm...could be leading up to "O" Luv😕 Are they getting darker or much the same??

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Kelly70 That sounds like a film script in the making all right!!
    I'm sorry your Noosa friend's cycle didn't end well though. Was that from her 1 egg? Have you scheduled DB time with those 3 positive OPKs?
    I'd be totally up for the 3 of us hitting Cape Town! As we all have the same coloring maybe we could share one super donor & create siblings?!!
    I've already started making enquiries about one particular donor. She's donated 4 times. In her last 2 cycles she produced 21 eggs (8 blasts) and 29 eggs (2 blasts). She's helped to create 3 pregnancies (1 x singleton and 2 x sets of twins).
    I'm going to email my FN today to see if she can ask LB if I can do a back to back stim cycle and if not I think I'll move onto utilising the above donor. She's available at the start of October.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (20-08-2015),ScubaGal  (20-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Blonde - much the same but very unusual for me to have multiple positives. First pos was tues and I had DB time sat and mon night. I've read generally the first positive is usually the one you should consider indicative of surge. But now I'm unsure. And can't get any DB time today (or maybe again, he's started dating again). Just have to hope his swimmers have longevity!
    @Tahli yes that was her one egg. It wasn't mature so she ended up with nothing. They'd seen 4 follies prior but get this, no bloods were taken prior to EPU or in the lead up, just scans. She's going to some little clinic on the Sunshine Coast somewhere and I'm worried for her that they've not been a good choice for her cycles. I advised her to switch when I saw her last (and mentioned Wazza) but she didn't do it.
    @Tahli where is your donor from? Through monash? Isn't it around 20k through the clinic?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kelly70 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (20-08-2015),Tahli  (20-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Kelly70 Damn DB for dating again!!! 😉😁 Yep...am hoping @ praying his swimmers have been strong enough to stick around a few extra days😊👍

Sounds like your friend has been to a low cost clinic up that way?? But to not even take a BT while she's Cycling is dodgy!!!

Not only that...but because they want to keep tbeir costs as low as possible, they won't throw the kitchen sink at her in terms of trying different protocols/drugs/dosages to try to get her ovaries working to their highest capabilities.

No...she's only going to throw good $ after bad if she sticks with them. Her age alone means she needs/should go to the best she can find/afford in the way of FS's & full fee paying Clinics so that she's at least giving herself half a chance with her OE's IMO.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Kelly70 Maybe this new girl will only last as long as the previous one & you'll have access to his golden boys again next month! I'm hoping you won't need them next month of course!!
    I really feel for your friend. How cr#p! When I was a spritely 33 y/o I did unsuccessful ivf up on the Sunshine Coast. I so wish I'd known about Wazza back then.
    I'd be cycling with CFC, Cape Town & the donor would be from one of clinics in South Africa, so much 'cheaper' than in Oz.
    My head's a complete mess as to whether to do another OE cycle or go straight to DE. I've emailed my FN so she can ask Lynn her opinion on whether I can do my desired back to back stim in a few days. I expect it will be a very firm 'NO'.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (20-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The fat lady has sung...hcg 6 progesterone 37. I'm waiting to hear from LB's office this arvo as to whether she'll let me do a back to back stim cycle and/or what protocol she suggests next.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (21-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    @Tahli I am sorry Luv...BFN's are such a kick in the guts😦...big hugs to you & I hope LB will let you go again straight away.

Why not if it's going to be your last OE Cycle??

15. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Tahli  (21-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @BlondeinBrisvegas and @Charlie74. Even though you know it's going to be a BFN it's amazing how it can still feel so rubbish!!
    Apparently one of the Monash IVFers recently did a back to back cycle & ended up very sick with an ovarian abysses so that's effected whether you can do it now. I got the impression from my FN that Monash FS's aren't keen on back to backs.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (21-08-2015),Charlie74  (21-08-2015)