+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 64 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oooh! Tahli! I'm feeling positive for you my dear! Think lots of warm snugly thoughts :-D

May the tww pass quickly and successfully!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Kelly70 @BlondeinBrisvegas @Jem70 @Bongley @Charlie74 @Vixjc Thank-you so much for your kind and positive encouragement! It feels quite surreal to think I have an embie on board!!
    I ended up taking 2 Valium (boy, do they kick in quickly) & 2 Panadiene Forte so it wasn't painful at all, just when the speculum opened up. I was so light headed the nurse insisted I lay down for an hour afterwards rather than drive straight home.
    GW couldn't see where LB did the endo scratch so Lone Ranger didn't end up being placed in the scratch which I was disappointed about.
    The embryologist explained the grading of embryos don't mean much. She said a grade A might expire on day 5 and a grade C might go on to create twins so not to put any weight on the gradings.
    She also originally told me that Lone Ranger had no fragmentation but later when I asked her what a specific circle was on LR she said it was fragmentation...huh? Apparently if it's only a small amount they don't acknowledge it.
    @Kelly70 I hope your Noosa friends 1 egg is THE egg!!

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (10-08-2015),Bongley  (10-08-2015),Charlie74  (10-08-2015),Jem70  (10-08-2015),Vixjc  (10-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Tahli Good Girl r.e the Val's and the Panadeine Forte!!! Glad it was effective for you Luv

The Embryologist is right Luv...Grading's aren't the end all or be all, but obviously the lab needs to have a benchmark so they know what's the best embryo's to transfer/freeze/test etc plus embryo grades don't tell you what's going on inside the embryo genetically (hence having to do PGS/PGD testing to find that out). I think it just feels better psychologically to be having a higher Grade transferred sometimes

A little bit of fragmentation is also very normal too, so don't be worrying about that. As long as it's <25% fragmentation and the size of the blastomeres are similar etc, then all good When it comes to transfer, a smooth one with no trauma to the endometrial lining from the catheter is what matters when giving an embryo the best chance of implantation and continuation of normal development which is what you had Sometimes a bit of blood from going through the cervix might be present on the catheter (like it was for me on my last transfer) but that's fine and not out of the ordinary to happen either

and prayers being sent that the Lone Ranger will snuggle in for the long haul Luv!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Charlie74 The fact that it was hatching puts it at prob the highest grade or as close to it as you're going to get IMO😊

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Charlie74  (10-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie74 View Post
    Ah right! Well at least that's positive then : )

Is it normal for AF to come early after an IVF cycle? My Chinese medicine lady said it would.. And it has! 3 days early.. Today should be cd 25 & it's arrived- normally comes on cd 27/28??
    Yep...not unusual at all for your next natural Cycle after IVF to be a little out of whack though I believe most women find their AF running a bit later rather than earlier.

Main thing is she's arrived I say!!😊

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Charlie74  (10-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ta @BlondeinBrisvegas. You're right. Psychologically it feels good to have a Grade A with little fragmentation inside but of course LR could have dropped off today on the crucial day 4. Fingers maaaaassively crossed that he hasn't of course!!!
    I think GW said the scratch increased the rate of success by 1.2% but don't quote me on that, I was in a drug haze, and I only met him for 2 minutes. I called it "Transfer Whiplash"!!
    I initially only took the one Valium as per the instructions on the box but when I got to the hospital the nurse said I may as well take another as I had a 45min wait, so enough time for it to kick in. Gosh I was dizzy. Such a lite-weight! I hope it works out to be a really great combo for you too @Charlie74.
    How are you getting on @Kelly70?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (10-08-2015),Charlie74  (10-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi lovelies .. hope everyone is doing good.. I couldn't post lately as I had been sick after my lap surgery last week. I was advised to increase my dosage of metformin which I did and I think it reacted with something like endone or the Chinese herbs which I am taking or the plethora of vitamins ....and I was sick like a dog , vomiting out everything with the worst cramps in my stomach. So then I stopped everything for 2 days and Iam slightly better today with a little energy in me and I managed to read last week's posts.

Thanks Blondeinbrisvegas and Skyler for your posts last week. I know there is no answers but we got to keep trying.. Just read about Deborah Knight getting pregnant at 43 after 2 IVF kids. Was wondering why it can't happen so easily with all of us on this thread? I think God has some other plans sometimes... I just booked my air tickets from Mel to Brisbane for my Appointment with Wazza in Nov. Don't know exactly what he can and would say. After transfering our last 2 next month we also see Nick Lolatgis in sept end to have his viewpoint on our situation. It would be interesting to see what these doctors have to say after LB trying almost everything. My phone follow up consult with Dr M is on the 20th of this month to discuss the results of the blood tests he ordered.Just want to try it all before quitting it due to unexplained infertility.

Ladies I wanted to ask if anyone knows that is any point trying naturally the month that we have our lap. I mean do we still ovulate ? Because I will be ovulating now I think and LB told us to keep trying naturally as everything is perfect. So was confused to try now or not?

Congratulations Tahli for being pupo! Praying. For some very positive results for you. Just hoping the A grader is snuggling in xx

Charlie 74 wishing u all the luck for excellent pgs results. I know it takes abt 2 to 3 weeks. Just wishing that to be your take home baby xx

how are you doing Missy bear, Kelly 70 and Bongley.
    Last edited by Sue77; 11-08-2015 at 16:37.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sue77 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (11-08-2015),Charlie74  (11-08-2015),missybear  (11-08-2015),Tahli  (11-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sue, glad you are feeling better. I would have been due to ovulate 4 days after my lap and there was no way I could have tried naturally because of the pain, plus you are not supposed to BD until all the discharge has stopped post surgery. We are just about to start trying again now that I have had af. But you did not get any cutting done did you so you may be fit to try now? Maybe give your Dr a quick ring.

Good luck Tahli and all the other lovelies.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skyler For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (11-08-2015),Tahli  (11-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Sue77 and @Skyler for your good wishes! Sue I hope you feel on the mend soon love.
    A quick question...when does the post embryo transfer breathlessness usually pass?
    PS: After a bit of googling I'm going to touch base with my FN re being short of breath as it's been going on for a good few days now, and buy some Gatorade for my bloated belly.
    Last edited by Tahli; 11-08-2015 at 18:10.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (11-08-2015),Skyler  (12-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahli View Post
    Thanks @Sue77 and @Skyler for your good wishes! Sue I hope you feel on the mend soon love.
    A quick question...when does the post embryo transfer breathlessness usually pass?
    PS: After a bit of googling I'm going to touch base with my FN re being short of breath as it's been going on for a good few days now, and buy some Gatorade for my bloated belly.
    Yep best to see a doc I don't remember breathlessness being a symptom.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

Skyler  (12-08-2015)