+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 64 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Kelly70 I think it sounds like you've made a really sensible decision there, esp when you have access to beautifully fresh sperm with the same success rates being quoted for both options. I imagine $3k could get you a lovely trip to London instead! I'm sorry to hear you're so ill though. Poor you.
    @Jem70 The heat pads have been gorgeous!
    Thanks so much for your encouragement girls. A little update...as I suspected the bonus two eggs were immature. 1 egg has fertilised and 1 egg is unclear as to whether it's fertilised. I'll get a call later today with an update. My FN said they don't usually make it if they haven't fertilised by now. I feel sick with worry.
    I start Crinone today & Clexane tomorrow with a 3 day transfer booked in for Sunday morning with Gareth Weston. Then Pregnyl boosters at 3,6,9 dp-epu.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (07-08-2015),Charlie74  (07-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Tahli - thanks hon, I needed to hear that I think re my decision. I just can't do anymore treatment.

Yay!! on the little golden emby currently forming ready to go back to mama!! I totally totally get your anxiety waiting to find out, felt that many a time. You'll know soon enough hon if there's a 2nd contender. God it would be great to have 2, crossing everything xx

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kelly70 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (07-08-2015),Charlie74  (07-08-2015),Tahli  (07-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Tahli One definite on the go and one maybe hey Luv?? and prayers being sent that this is your lucky emby!!!

Hopefully the other one makes it through for you as well so you can transfer them both!! I've got a good feeling your "Lone Ranger" will make it to transfer on Sunday Luv

How are you feeling?? Not too sore I hope??

Thanks
    Reviews
    It sounds like you know where to draw the line @Kelly70. Well done. Was DB up for some basic sperm testing? Or do you want to walk away from all medical intervention now?
    It would have been great to have had 2 embryos but it's just the 1 embryo. I'll get a day 2 update from my FN tomorrow around midday.
    I thought of you when the hospital staff were stalling telling me how many eggs were collected. I thought, oh sh*te, it's zero. But in reality they were just waiting for the surgeon to tell me.
    Going to EPU was the right decision but only having the 1 embryo (that I'm immensely grateful for) is flippin' scarey stuff.
    @BlondeinBrisvegas Thanks for asking how I am. It's more my head that's a bit messed up at the moment rather than the physical stuff. It's an extremely odd thought that I've just created a life with a complete and utter stranger.
    I'd love to know why the 2nd egg didn't fertilise. How do I get access to speak to the embryologist? You always have tricky ways around normal protocol!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (07-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Tahli I'd be asking for the labs ph number myself Failing that, I know some Clinics will get an Embryologist to call you back and when they do, I'd then ask for the best number to contact them on if you need to ask anymore questions or for updates etc and when was the best time to call as I know at my lab they check all the embies first thing when they get in there which takes some time.

Who is going to update you tomorrow on how they're going or call you with a time for ET on Sunday?? I can understand why you're feeling shiz scared Luv You just have to believe you're going to make it to transfer and that you've got a little fighter in the dish waiting for you!!!

That's what I'm believing for you

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Charlie74  (07-08-2015),Tahli  (07-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Charlie74 I'm a fan of your optimism! And I love the beautiful and touching way you view your embryo. Gorgeous.
    I hope this is ok to say here on this thread. If not, let me know and I'll delete this. I noticed that you're also toying with the idea of DE in Cape Town. So am I. I had a plan of 3 stims in 6 months which took me up to me 41st b'day in Dec & then switch to DE in Cape Town. I'll definitely do another stim cycle but I just don't know if I have the appetite to do a 3rd stim cycle (hence admiring @Kelly70 for knowing when to draw a line in the sand).
    When I was laying in the bed recovering from EPU a staff member was walking down the corridor towards me and I had this vision/thought. If that staff member had an embryo ready to transfer directly into me right there & then I wouldn't have given two hoots about it's genetic make-up. I just want a bub. And I don't want to be paying $5k+ for each attempt with my 40y/o eggs when I could be paying a bit over double that for a 60% chance of success in CT. Sorry, I'm rambling!!
    Ok @BlondeinBrisvegas, brilliant advice and encouragement as always, that sounds like a good plan. When my FN rings at 12pm tomorrow I'll ask for the labs number or ask for their embryologist to call me. I want to know exactly what happened with the 2nd egg so I can make an informed decision about how far to push IVF with my own eggs. Another stim cycle should give a more balanced view of course.
    If 'Lone Ranger' makes it to Sunday morning transfer is at 9.15am.
    When I was checking out of the hospital & the nurse was giving me the pain relief instructions I pulled out a few packets of painkillers & asked her which ones would be good for taking. I didn't realise one of them was your fav, Endone. She informed me they have a street value of $60 a tablet. I counted how many tablets I had left & thought, well that'd pay for the donor sperm!!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    @Tahli Bahahahaha!!! As I wad reading about the street value I was thinking "that'd help pay for another Cycle"😉😁

The good, old "Hillbilly Heroin" is worth a frucking fortune!!😮

That's right...be bold when you ask the nurse for the number. If she wants to know why tell her you've got questions only one of them in the lab is best placed to answer😊

Grow "Lone Ranger" Grow!!!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Tahli  (07-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh wow, I just had to google "Hillbilly Heroin"! I'm now more educated than I was 5 mins ago!!
    Rightio, boldness is the aim of the game! I'll let you know how I get on. Unfortunately my own nurse is on holidays & I'm dealing with a new nurse so I'll have to see how far I get. I'm paying $12k for this flippin' cycle so Monash can 'afford' me a 5 minute chat with one of their highly skilled staff they're charging me for...I say, politely of course.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Charlie and Tahli, I can assure you that I could not love my DE baby any more if he were genetically mine. The moment when he was brought to me for the first time, all I could think was what a perfect creature my body had grown, the fact he was DE was irrelevant, and it still is. If you have any questions, feel free to ask :-) BTW Greece is a great DE option too, not that I am at all biased ;->

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (08-08-2015),Kelly70  (08-08-2015),Tahli  (08-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, parallel IVF lives @Charlie74! I could have written your posts on the SA DE thread myself!! Are you looking to transfer your embryo next cycle? Did LB get to the bottom of your declining lining? I hope so for you.
    @Vixjc I bet T is absolutely perfect in every way!! Dr K in Greece sounds like a gorgeously kind miracle worker. Thanks for sharing your feelings on DE & offering to answer any questions.
    AFM...I have a 4 cell embryo growing today...woo hooo!!! Please, please don't make my phone ring on the way into transfer tomorrow. If transfer goes well I have a blood test booked for 21/8. Grow little Lone Ranger grow!!!!!

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (08-08-2015),Kelly70  (08-08-2015)