+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 64 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Kelly70 Good shiz Luv!!! Looks like it's the real deal and "O" is on the way!!!

Have a beautiful day yourself and for this Cycle!!!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Kelly70  (24-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi wonderful ladies ... How is everyone travelling ,.. Jem 70 that is not fair... See if u are able to challenge that

Skyler how r you feeling now love

kelly 70 missy bear Tahli ... I wish u all the luck . Blondeinbrisvegas I keep reading your posts and just tell myself .. What knowledge you have and how much you r willing to help others. We r so lucky to have u

i had had my phone consult with Dr Gamal Matthias from Sydney( as a girl from the other group had suggested me. He has sent some blood test forms in my email. He wants to check my immunity in detail . I said lynn has checked me for natural killer cells etc, he said he wants to check some more things as 2 of our chromosomally normal embies did not implant and I have no known implantation issues as I had fallen pregnant twice.

he also said that my AMH Was really nice and was like 31( it really doesn't seem to mean anything for me as there is no baby till date ) As far as I remember last time I checked a few years ago , it was abt 15. What is this supposed to mean ?Feeling a bit confused ..

Anyways I want to give in my best and try everything before I call it quits. that's what he suggested too..

To anyone I missed

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sue77 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (24-07-2015),missybear  (24-07-2015),Skyler  (24-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome back @Sue77 - so glad you're going for a new plan and 2nd opinion, let's hope this new doctor can get you over the line lovely.

AFM: so my test yesterday morning showed ovulation was close but it still wasn't positive so I expected another day or so of positive tests but yesterday arvo (whilst enjoying some champers at a work celebration) I had the strongest ovulation pain and massive bloating that I may ever have felt. I was super uncomfortable. I then had to go out last night for yet another work function and more champers/drinks. Got home last night a little worse for wear and did another opk - negative test. This morning's test also negative. So suspect I must have surged and ovulated yesterday arvo judging from the symptoms. Kicking myself now for having drinks last night too, right on ovulation, argh! Any point getting some DB action today or is it too late? I'd love not to have to if it's a bit pointless.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kelly70 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (25-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Teed up DB for some GB action today, hope I didn't miss the boat!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kelly70 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (25-07-2015),missybear  (25-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've got to say Kelly70, I admire your tenacity! TTC shags become such a drag, and that's when you're romantically committed! To apply yourself as thoroughly as you have when there is no spark - well, that takes a strength of character that is seriously impressive. Hope the fertility gods dish up the goodies for you soon!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (25-07-2015),Kelly70  (25-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Vixjc - I think I also get motivated by the concept of fresh, free sperm!! When you've had to pay for it multiple times, it feels like a small price to pay to get through a ttc shag!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Kelly70 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (25-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Kelly70 Definitely worth getting another deposit from DB Luv If you did "O" yesterday arvo/evening, then the egg is still going to sit there for 24hrs so you should be in time after you see DB today

I watched a documentary once about conception and it takes F.A. time for the sperm to get to the egg once they've been launched!!! Anything from 30mins-1hr to a few days, so yep, there's still time!!!!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Kelly70  (25-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    @Sue77 So good to hear from you Luv and I must say, you're sounding more upbeat as well

The phone consult with Dr Matthias sounded very positive Luv and I know he'll be very thorough by running all the tests he can to make sure everything's ok Your AMH is excellent as well which will hopefully translate to more good eggs being available to get should you need to.

I'm not surprised your AMH has changed. Mine did too. It could be due to a number of reasons. I think the labs have changed the way that they test it for a start plus it depends on how each individual lab does the testing as to what the results are. Some may overcall it or under call it depending and things like DHEA can alter it a little bit as well.

Mine went from something like 7.5 to 13.9 with the tests being done a year and bit apart. The main thing is it's hasn't gotten any lower. Are you PCO or PCOS?? So what's the plan for you now Luv??

Will you wait until all the tests are done and results are in before you do anymore Cycles??

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Starting IVF Mar/Apr 2014 - aged 43, single #4

Sorry for my slow response on this issue, my little man is in hospital and I'm a bit out of it. The legal position is apparently along the following lines - I'm cut and pasting from an email. Sorry for not correcting the tense etc ...
    "Basically, there is no clear cut answer on when the man can withdraw consent. Apparently the relevant Act talks about the "procedure" and, I understand, not being able to withdraw consent after the procedure has been carried out. But the Act does not define what "procedure" is. Is it the creation of the embryo or the embryo transfer? Lawyers on opposing sides would obviously take a different stance on this. One lawyer thinks that there is a good argument that it is when the embryo is created, given the expense and physical procedures the female has gone through. But it would have to be decided by a court. Tough, huh! Also, she mentioned that the clinic would take a conservative approach and try to get the people involved to agree on a position (ie to use or not use the embryo). I hope for your contact that it doesn't go so far and that it works out with her new boyfriend and that, if they decide, they can still have a child together. In any case, the recommended law firm that came up is Taussig Cherrie Fildes"...

"As a follow on from yesterday, further advice is for your contact to speak to her state member of parliament as, apparently, the ART legislation is likely to go through further changes shortly"

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (27-07-2015),Jem70  (27-07-2015),ScubaGal  (27-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much @Vixjc that is amazing! The one comfort I have is that so far he hasn't actually withdrawn consent so hopefully he will decide not to.

As it stands, my one comfort is that they can't destroy the embryos without my consent so if it comes to an ugly position I've decided I would first ask to write a letter to the donor pleading my case.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jem70 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (27-07-2015),Kelly70  (28-07-2015),Skyler  (28-07-2015)