+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Overnight nappies

Quote Originally Posted by Stretched View Post
    Might need to set my mum a little crochet project! Doesn't it get really smelly though? I've had to air out DS's fleece onsie as he only has one and I work so it's hard to get it washed and dry in one day. Even the 20 minute machine quick wash leaves it smelling like urine.

I'd probably get her to make 2 to make life easier.
    It never smelt for me, the wool absorbed the leaks so well (it was already lanolised), it was dry to the touch every morning and I found that wool tends not to absorb the smell either, I think I only needed to wash it twice in a few months, just a quick airing was sufficient, but yes 2 would be handy, even handier if you know somebody who can make you one!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

Stretched  (21-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    With my kids i always do the up a nappy size thing too at night for the extra absorbency.
    With DD2 i had to put her in the huggies dri nights pants cause she was wetting thru everything else.
    For us that worked.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to RmumR For This Useful Post:

Stretched  (21-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RmumR View Post
    With my kids i always do the up a nappy size thing too at night for the extra absorbency.
    With DD2 i had to put her in the huggies dri nights pants cause she was wetting thru everything else.
    For us that worked.
    I'm grocery shopping today so will try the dri nights. I had been looking at them, but they're pretty pricy so I wanted to know if they are actually more absorbent. Good to hear they worked for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretched View Post
    I'm grocery shopping today so will try the dri nights. I had been looking at them, but they're pretty pricy so I wanted to know if they are actually more absorbent. Good to hear they worked for you.
    Good luck i hope it solves your issue. Nothing worse than leaking nappies overnight

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Stretched My DD who'll be 10 months on the 28th is a huge wetter overnight. She's fully FF and thankfully sleeps through except to wake for a nappy change. Anyhoo, I did some research and there are these inserts that you put in the nappies (I use disposables) called "Bebe's Nappy Mates" or "Celflo Petites Booster Pads" to soak up the majority of the urine except you have to order them online.

They're basically the same thing as adult incontinence products (in fact, the Celflo Petities Booster are dual usage for either adult incontinence or nappy inserts) so I went out yesterday and bought a pack of "Poise Extra Plus pads" (tried to get the "overnighters" as they are the most absorbent, but none in stock, so got the next best) and put one in her nappy (which I'd gone up to the next size as well hoping that would make a difference, but it didn't) last night when I put her to bed and it solved the problem!!

The pad had soaked up all of the urine and she had a dry nappy underneath, but obviously the best thing is she didn't wake up (except to stir for her dummy or her "cuddly"..a soft material rabbit comforter she goes to bed with). I know my DD is younger than yours (she weighs a little over 10.5 kg's), but just thought it might be an idea to try??
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 22-06-2015 at 14:06.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondeinBrisvegas View Post
    @Stretched My DD who'll be 10 months on the 28th is a huge wetter overnight. She's fully FF and thankfully sleeps through except to wake for a nappy change. Anyhoo, I did some research and there are these inserts that you put in the nappies (I use disposables) called "Bebe's Nappy Mates" or "Celflo Petites Booster Pads" to soak up the majority of the urine except you have to order them online.

They're basically the same thing as adult incontinence products (in fact, the Celflo Petities Booster are dual usage for either adult incontinence or nappy inserts) so I went out yesterday and bought a pack of "Poise Extra Plus pads" (tried to get the "overnighters" as they are the most absorbent, but none in stock, so got the next best) and put one in her nappy (which I'd gone up to the next size as well hoping that would make a difference, but it didn't) last night when I put her to bed and it solved the problem!!

The pad had soaked up all of the urine and she had a dry nappy underneath, but obviously the best thing is she didn't wake up (except to stir for her dummy or her "cuddly"..a soft material rabbit comforter she goes to bed with). I know my DD is younger than yours (she weighs a little over 10.5 kg's), but just thought it might be an idea to try??
    I've never thought of this! We've just started having this problem with our 13 month old who weighs the same as your DD so we might give this a try!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to azelqra For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (22-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by Qrazelna View Post
    I've never thought of this! We've just started having this problem with our 13 month old who weighs the same as your DD so we might give this a try!

It's early days obviously, so we'll see how we go tonight

Yes, give it a go, it can't hurt Luv Good Luck and let us know how you get on

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

azelqra  (23-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Taking over your thread stretched!

Does anyone have any other solutions? We've tried everything on here (pilcher, next size up nappy/different brand nappy, insert in nappy) but he is still wetting through.
    Last night he wet through twice. We have a towel under him but the second time he wet through he had moved so much that he got the sheet and I'm over changed 2 sheets a night with a bubba that keeps waking up from being wet!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you tried a double nappy? My son is only 5.5 months old, but wets through his clothes, sleeping bag, sheets...what I have been doing is cutting slits in a Huggies nappy (they fit him well, no leakage problems during the day), then putting an Aldi nappy over the top of it. Since doing this, the only times we have had leakages are if one or both of the nappies are on crooked...or the one time that my husband forgot to put the Aldi nappy over the top.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Overnight nappies

Quote Originally Posted by mummyChubbles View Post
    Have you tried a double nappy? My son is only 5.5 months old, but wets through his clothes, sleeping bag, sheets...what I have been doing is cutting slits in a Huggies nappy (they fit him well, no leakage problems during the day), then putting an Aldi nappy over the top of it. Since doing this, the only times we have had leakages are if one or both of the nappies are on crooked...or the one time that my husband forgot to put the Aldi nappy over the top.
    I haven't tried this I will definitely give it a go I can't see any other way out! He is almost 14 months and in a "toddler" size nappy which fits fine I'll try the "walker" size nappies that we have over the top.
    Thanks!