+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Overnight nappies

DS is 2 and 13kg. Both my kids I always put them in the next size up disposable nappies for overnight which worked well. DS is the wrong shape for Huggies so I have him in cloth or Coles Comfy Bots 10-15kg during the day and Coles Little Explorers 16kg+ at night. The Little Explorers were great and when he started filling them and leaking about 2 months ago I switched to the largest size. But now he's filling and leaking out of them. He wakes up in the morning wet nearly to his armpit and knee one one side and soaking through a singlet, wondersuit, fleece onesie and often into his sleeping bag!

So do I try the expensive "night" nappies? Are they actually more absorbent or just a trimmer fit so they are discrete on older kids?

Any other options? Do other brands do a bigger size?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (22-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Have you looked at toilet training yet? I would think getting him up before you go to bed for a change our a toilet break. I'm not sure on the bigger nappies as we do cloth. I am using 4 boosters.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sookie Stackedhouse For This Useful Post:

Stretched  (20-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie Stackedhouse View Post
    Have you looked at toilet training yet? I would think getting him up before you go to bed for a change our a toilet break. I'm not sure on the bigger nappies as we do cloth. I am using 4 boosters.
    I wish!!! DD was out of day nappies at this age and I think her going to the toilet each night before her nappy went on is why we didn't have this problem with her. DS is so different to her and seems to be a million miles away from toilet training!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

Sookie Stackedhouse  (20-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ds2 is almost 3 and we are not even looking at it yet either.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sookie Stackedhouse For This Useful Post:

Stretched  (20-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS2 is almost 3 and weighs 18kgs. He wears Babylove nappy pants in the junior size. I found regular nappies leaked out the sides where the sticky tabs are but he's never leaked through nappy pants.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Moxy For This Useful Post:

Stretched  (20-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Moxy View Post
    DS2 is almost 3 and weighs 18kgs. He wears Babylove nappy pants in the junior size. I found regular nappies leaked out the sides where the sticky tabs are but he's never leaked through nappy pants.
    I tried the babylove nappy pants a while back but they were worse. I used to use the Huggies ones with DD overnight once she was older and that stopped the leaks for her as it was s fit issue rather than the nappy getting full. Maye it's because DS is a tummy sleeper so they move around or something. But they never filled up and just leaked out!

What he is using now fit well, but the entire nappy, front to back is soaked full like it has been in a bucket!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bought a woollen knitted soaker/nappy cover off eBay to put on over the top of the disposable at night
    It absorbed any leaks and kept dd's clothes and sleeping bag bone dry and provided a bit of extra warmth too, just aired it out every morning

Something like this ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1434767384.464895.jpg

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

Stretched  (20-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Might need to set my mum a little crochet project! Doesn't it get really smelly though? I've had to air out DS's fleece onsie as he only has one and I work so it's hard to get it washed and dry in one day. Even the 20 minute machine quick wash leaves it smelling like urine.

I'd probably get her to make 2 to make life easier.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Could he be getting a bit cold, I find my DS1 pee's more overnight if he gets cold. Maybe try an extra layer.
    Babylove nappy pants seem to work best for us.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to LittleBug'sMum For This Useful Post:

Stretched  (21-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretched View Post
    Might need to set my mum a little crochet project! Doesn't it get really smelly though? I've had to air out DS's fleece onsie as he only has one and I work so it's hard to get it washed and dry in one day. Even the 20 minute machine quick wash leaves it smelling like urine.

I'd probably get her to make 2 to make life easier.
    Google Lanolising wool nappy covers. They only need washing if soiled or when they start to leak which could be monthly. I simply air mine in the sun when I use them. Brilliant!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Missbear For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (20-06-2015)