+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Best Things View Post
    Last week there was an accident outside our home. I ran out to see an old woman (at fault) extremely anxious and upset. I sat with her and helped her with the details for her insurance claim, I got her a chair to sit on, helped her organise towing and offered an ear for support.

A few days ago she brought her adult daughter to my home, dropped off some flowers, a card, and a really nice gift set for DD (1 year old).

The card had a bible verse saying 'I do not know your name but through your actions I know your heart'.

Attachment 70946
    This made me tear up. So beautiful

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

2. The Following User Says Thank You to munchkin275 For This Useful Post:

Best Things  (23-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We reversed into a lady's car the other week and I left our details. The lady was so happy we did. It wasn't a big dent. We did it privately and she went to a crash repairer and they said $900 she made her husband did it for $100. I gave her $150 so she could buy herself some wine or go out for dinner etc was extremely thankful for her doing this!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to monnie24 For This Useful Post:

HearMeRoar  (23-06-2015),MummaPanda  (22-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Our computer has been on the way out for about a year. We finally decided to buy a new one at the eofy sales. Two days later our dishwasher died. Next to the washing machine the dishwasher is my favourite appliance. I know it's not a necessity but it saves my sanity. Anyway, we have no money for a new one right now, so we were set to wash everything up for a few months. I told my mum about it (in passing). The next day she offered to buy us a new one. I was so overwhelmed and grateful. DH installed it yesterday and it's, well, beautiful. But not as beautiful as my mum 💜.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to teenie For This Useful Post:

BH-KatiesMum  (23-06-2015),DT75  (23-06-2015),HearMeRoar  (23-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was at the doctor's recently with my baby. He was a new patient so I had to fill out some paperwork. He started to cry so I had to pick him up from the pram and cuddle him. So I was juggling baby and also trying to fill out the forms and it just becoming a bit overwhelming for me. A woman waiting with someone else there came over to me and offered to hold Bub for me. He stopped crying straight away and the forms got done.

I like seeing nice things happen to other people too. Another time I was there I saw an elderly lady reading a book to a little boy. I thought it was his grandmother but it turned out she didn't know him at all, she was just another patient and he just wanted her to read him a story

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KaleT For This Useful Post:

Gracie's Mum  (23-06-2015),HearMeRoar  (23-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KaleT View Post
    I was at the doctor's recently with my baby. He was a new patient so I had to fill out some paperwork. He started to cry so I had to pick him up from the pram and cuddle him. So I was juggling baby and also trying to fill out the forms and it just becoming a bit overwhelming for me. A woman waiting with someone else there came over to me and offered to hold Bub for me. He stopped crying straight away and the forms got done.

I like seeing nice things happen to other people too. Another time I was there I saw an elderly lady reading a book to a little boy. I thought it was his grandmother but it turned out she didn't know him at all, she was just another patient and he just wanted her to read him a story
    Awwww. I love these 😊

It makes me remember back when I was a brand new mum waiting at my 6 week obstetrician check up with a very unsettled DD. The receptionist came over and asked if she could lend a hand. She took DD for a cuddle and she immediately calmed down. That small gesture meant a lot to a new and frazzled mum. I was starting to get flustered being in a waiting room with a screaming baby, but that moment of relief was so appreciated.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Gracie's Mum For This Useful Post:

HearMeRoar  (23-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My dear friend sent us this gorgeous baby gift and lollies from the uk, yet thousands of miles away but felt like we were in the same room.

So many kind and thoughtful people at my children's school have given us loads of baby gear and in return I saw a mum struggling with her phil n teds pram wheels completely punctured etc and I remembered we had an old pram in our garage ready to be sold so I raced home and gave her the tyres!! She was so happy.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to sydneychick For This Useful Post:

HearMeRoar  (23-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I took my kids out this morning to get my son a hair cut, came home, hubby had done my laundry, cleaned up and mopped. Sooooo happy.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Nafsika For This Useful Post:

HearMeRoar  (23-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    A lady offered me her seat on the crowded train this evening; I always feel bad asking for a seat when preggers so it was really nice.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Izzys Dragon For This Useful Post:

HearMeRoar  (23-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Hubby took dd3 clothes shopping for me.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

HearMeRoar  (23-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a very unhappy DS on the train the other day. As I was walking in circles around the carriage trying to get him to stop screaming, a lady walked past me to get off the train. As she walked past, she stopped and smiled at me and said, "He's just beautiful."

It was only passing comment but in that hectic moment it was exactly what I needed.

Thank you, random stranger