+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Ovulating

My partner and I are going to try to conceive this month and I was wondering if anyone has particular symptoms when they are ovulating.

I've been diagnosed with PCOS and I'm worried that I'm not ovulating. I get regular period but during the time I'm due to be ovulating I tend to get sharp pains around my abdomen area. I've got an ovulation kit which I tried last month which said I was ovulating around the time the sharp pains started but because of the PCOS I'm not really sure if I should take that as gospel.

Just wondering what other peoples symptoms are around the time they are ovulating as I'm concerned the sharp pains could be cyst.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I always get sharp pains during ovulation. Worst pains ever. I don't have PCOS. I think you could trust your ovulation kit. Have you also considered The Billings Method for understanding your cycle? Maybe 'Google' it and buy an ovulation thermometer from the chemist? And, you can track it with Apps like 'Fertility Friend'. Goodluck!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Albert01 For This Useful Post:

sarah1502  (21-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your reply, we haven't actually tried as yet I just finished my period so we will try in the next week or so. I think I will see how we go and if it nothing is happening I will chart my temperature.

I'm so happy to hear you feel the same sharp pains. Not knowing whether I will conceive is playing on my mind a bit because we want to have a baby so badly I think I just think the worse without even actually trying!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to sarah1502 For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (20-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've just downloaded fertility friend

7. The Following User Says Thank You to sarah1502 For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (20-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have PCO (cystic ovaries, not many other symptoms) and ovulate. I can have long cycles though, where my body attempts to ovulate more than once. I used to get sharp pains on the side the egg was releasing from when I ovulated. Since the birth of my second child I now get 12-24 hours of abdominal cramping with ovulation. I also have a very definite EWCM pattern that is easy to read. I used cheapie OPKs a few times and they confirmed when I thought I was ovulating. I fell pregnant first cycle trying with my first child and the next pregnancy that I miscarried. The next angel bub that miscarried and my son were both conceived on the 4th cycle trying.

So please don't stress until you actually start having problems conceiving. I was so worried before I started, certain that my condition would mean years of heartbreak. Instead I have conceived quicker than friends with no health issues.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

sarah1502  (21-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Its good to hear similar situations and positive outcomes hopefully it won't take to long until I conceive