+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by misstrouble View Post
    I've just weaned DS who is 20 months. We started with night weaning using Dr Jay Gordon's method but admittedly did it over a longer time period. DH also had to do all of the resettling as being close to be would distress DS too much and he would automatically try to feed. We used music as a sleepy cue during the day to replace the feed, then I fell pregnant. I've had hyperemesis so my supply dried up very quickly at that point although I kept up one feed a day until a few weeks ago when I reached 12 weeks and it became too painful. For the morning feed we just had to develop a new routine - no cuddles in bed as that lead to him wanting to feed (very sad for me!) and lots of distraction. In just over two weeks he has adjusted better than I thought and we even managed cuddles in bed this morning which was lovely. Good luck!
    Thank you. Yes I'm planning to use the Dr Jay Gordon method for night weaning. :-) I had some success with it when I reduced her night feeds at 13 months old.

It will be hard to get straight up when she wakes in the morning, rather than having cuddles in bed. She's up pretty early and staying in bed gives me time to wake up....but I definitely think if I stay in bed she'll be after a feed as that's always what we do now. The routine changes will be hard.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bond Girl For This Useful Post:

misstrouble  (21-06-2015),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (21-06-2015)