+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Oh good, yeah I was very impatient too. It's hard because you just wanna start and see if it works!

I was so nervous through the whole thing I just wanted everything to go right, and I'm now 23 weeks

Good luck with everything

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JplusR For This Useful Post:

Butterflybabe  (09-10-2015)

I'm sure you will be very happy with the service you get at Genea Liverpool. I had my first round of IVF 3 years ago and we were lucky enough to get a BFP on our first transfer. I was so nervous about the egg retrieval procedure but you really needn't be, the nurses take great care of you and if at any time you're uncomfortable they up the drugs! You watch the entire procedure on the monitors and can go home after an hour or so. The nurses and scientists will be in contact with you at least every second day and with the centre open every day you know they are completing egg retrieval and transfers on the best day for you.

Good luck when you do your first cycle next year 😀

We are in the 2ww from our 2nd cycle with The Fertility Centre at Liverpool. The team there are amazing. Really patient, and even when I arrive with my list of questions the doctors I have seen have taken the time to explain everything in detail - I've not felt rushed out of the room at all. When I am just seeing the nurses they are really lovely and positive, they really put me at ease.
    The egg retrieval was not that bad, I actually had a great time with the gas. I figured out a hack - long deep breath in and short fast breath out means a nice build up of gas in your system and no pain. Was awesome!

I have PCOS and barely responded to the low dose of gonal f in my first cycle, then I super responded when my dose was increased slightly. I also ovulate late in my cycle, so I have allowed in my head a few trial runs of getting the protocol perfect before I am getting my hopes up too high, but I am optimistic that it will definitely happen for us. Just need enough time, money and science and we can make a little person. Hopefully we got lucky this time, just 3 more sleeps until my blood test.