+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Experiences at the Fertility Centre in Liverpool

Hi everyone, just wondering if anyone has been through ivf at the fertility centre in Liverpool nsw ?? What was the service like, results, cost and in general how was the experience?? DH and I have had an initial app with them (I just need to get my bmi to 35, currently 37) but would love to hear from anyone how has been through them to see what your thoughts were. They seemed very nice.Thanx in advance and babydust to all :-) 🌌🌌
    Last edited by Butterflybabe; 19-06-2015 at 17:08.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just did my 3rd cycle there in May which has resulted in a pregnancy. I am now 7 weeks.

They are awesome, supportive, friendly and they talk you through the whole process.

It is reasonably priced you pay two payments. The first is when you pick up your injections and the second after your embryo transfer. I think you end up $3000 and something out of pocket, I haven't paid my second payment yet, as Medicare are still processing my forms.

You don't see the doctors much (but the Nurses are very helpful and know their stuff)
    When you do see a doctor you don't get the same one.. Which really didn't bother us because you hardly see them.. You see a doctor for a consultation, egg retrieval, embryo transfer and for an ultra sound if you get a positive result.

Hope I could help.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JplusR For This Useful Post:

Butterflybabe  (19-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanx for the reply Jplusr and congratulations on your pregnancy :-) the nurse we saw was lovely, don't really mind not seeing the same Dr all the time. How did you find egg retrieval?? I know your awake but under light sedation. Thanx again

Thanks
    Reviews
    No worries, I wish someone told me all this before I started lol!

Thanks

The egg retrieval sounds scary, but really you feel two little stabs and a bit of discomfort. They give you some pain killers and Valium before you go in, and when you are in there, there is some gas (which I found helped)

It's pretty cool you get to see them taking out your folicals on a screen, and they tell you how many eggs as you go.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to JplusR For This Useful Post:

Butterflybabe  (19-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanx again I will pm if that's ok if i have more questions. :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah that's fine. Glad I can help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyone else gone through fertility centre liverpool nsw?? Would love to hear about your experiences thanx in advance

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyone??? :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey, how did you go with them ? Have you done a cycle yet?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope u are well JplusR, we have decided to wait until after the new year to do our first cycle. We're hoping for January but my cycle is just before they reopen after Christmas so will probably have to be February unless my cycle changes, It gives us a little more time to save more (if we need it but fingers crossed first go 😉) I'm really inpatient but I guess I've waited this long a few more months won't hurt me lol.
    Last edited by Butterflybabe; 08-10-2015 at 07:10.