+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default My US postage...need opinions!

So DS wants an NBA basketball party this year which is impossible to source in Australia, I have found a great American website but need to sign up to my us to get it delivered. Anyone used it? Is the postage reasonable?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by *Chels* View Post
    So DS wants an NBA basketball party this year which is impossible to source in Australia, I have found a great American website but need to sign up to my us to get it delivered. Anyone used it? Is the postage reasonable?
    Elijahsmum is the person to ask !!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to monnie24 For This Useful Post:

Elijahs Mum  (18-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

I have used Hopshopgo for about 8 years now ( never used my US) but have never ever had a problem with Hopshopgo and in the last year I get all my stuff delivered within 2-3 days! The postage is ok, it all comes down to the size of the package - you pay per kilo ( or pound) you get 30 days free storage ( I get 60 days as I'm a frequent user!) so I get a few things at the same time and bundle them into 1 package ( they do all this for you - you get an email when your packages get to your PO box with the invoice from whoever you bought from)

I buy clothes /toys and party stuff ( check out partycity.com) and my average postage is about $70 - I think it's worth it mainly as you just can't get the same cool stuff in Australia!
    Last edited by Elijahs Mum; 18-06-2015 at 22:58.

Thanks
    Reviews

I use MyUS and it offers all the same features as HopShopGo from the sound of it. I've found it really reliable with reasonably quick postage. My biggest gripe is that you don't find out what the exact cost of the postage will be until after they've processed your shipping request - although they do have a shipping estimate calculator.
    Last edited by Sablier; 18-06-2015 at 23:11.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I use shipito and have never had issues, you can choose how they package your items to minimize postage costs (as it's based on weight) .... You choose what type of shipping method you want depending how quick you want the package - I normally just use airmail as I'm not in a hurry

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cevapa For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (21-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks guys! Yeah I am looking at party city...omg what an awesome site!! I'm just getting balloons,plates and banners so all resonably light stuff. But considering the first postage is $8 and then $10 to sign up to my us..I just don't want to be forking out heaps of postage for a $40 order ya know? And I don't buy other stuff from the USA,just want the party stuff.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Elijahs Mum how much does it cost to sign up?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I thought it was free to sign up? ( it was 8 years ago!!) but just check out their website!

Party city is amazing ! I bought most of DS superhero party stuff from there last year - if most of it is paper and plastic the postage shouldn't be that bad - a tip also is to see if eBay has some of their stuff , there are a few big on line party places that are pretty good so have a look!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    I thought it was free to sign up? ( it was 8 years ago!!) but just check out their website!

Party city is amazing ! I bought most of DS superhero party stuff from there last year - if most of it is paper and plastic the postage shouldn't be that bad - a tip also is to see if eBay has some of their stuff , there are a few big on line party places that are pretty good so have a look!
    Yeah I had a look. Pretty sure it is free. I've scoured ebay so this is my last resort! Guess I wwill just give it a shot! Thanks for your help!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    I use Shipito as well. It's great if you want to order from several different places and combine parcels. I've done it several times and saved sooooo much money!