+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJoD View Post
    I live near a family day care centre and would never put my child in one and particularly this one. The children are outside rain hail or shine whilst she shuts her doors and windows and leaves them outside to their own devices. She only surfaces outside to yell and scream at the kids. Her own child who is about 4yo bullies the other children. There are no checks and balances like in a day care centre where you have several careers to keep an eyes on what other careers are doing and the children. Her creepy husband comes home throughout the day and "antagonises" the kids (his words not mine).
    She should be reported! that's just terrible

2. The Following User Says Thank You to meandmyboys82 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (19-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    I live near a family day care centre and would never put my child in one and particularly this one. The children are outside rain hail or shine whilst she shuts her doors and windows and leaves them outside to their own devices. She only surfaces outside to yell and scream at the kids. Her own child who is about 4yo bullies the other children. There are no checks and balances like in a day care centre where you have several careers to keep an eyes on what other careers are doing and the children. Her creepy husband comes home throughout the day and "antagonises" the kids (his words not mine).
    I'm wondering why you haven't reported this woman or said something to these other children's parents??

Those poor kids!! Wouldn't you want to know if this was happening to your child??

I couldn't just sit back @ say/do nothing...I'd be recording this on my ph @ writing things down etc to gather evidence before reporting to relevant authorities @ parents.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

FrothyFrog  (19-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    There are checks, the registering body makes random spot checks, aside from the fact a parent can turn up anytime to pick their kid up.

I would find out the registering body for your area and make a complaint!

Re lack of support. Most FDC educators seem to meet up with other FDC educators in their immediate vicinity to host playgroups, that's the way a lot of them get support.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to NoteToSelf For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (20-06-2015)

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    DS has been in a daycare centre since he was 4 months old.
    I love the centre and the educators.
    For us, a centre is better due to the reliability factor. If the educators are sick, DS can still attend. I've got friends whose kids are in FDC and they never know when the carer or the carers kids will be sick and she will have to take days off.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondeinBrisvegas View Post
    I'm wondering why you haven't reported this woman or said something to these other children's parents??

Those poor kids!! Wouldn't you want to know if this was happening to your child??

I couldn't just sit back @ say/do nothing...I'd be recording this on my ph @ writing things down etc to gather evidence before reporting to relevant authorities @ parents.
    I've done all of this. I've complained to the regulatory body, the Childcare brand she operates under and the Council. Nothing happens! Of course she not yelling and screaming if she answering the door to these people or the kids parents. It all seems very pleasant when these people turn up! She operates from a teeny tiny house and back yard and a few weeks ago the house right next door was being demolished and having asbestos removed and we were told by the demolishes to vacate for the day which we did but she left the kids playing in the tiny courtyard with smashing windows walls and chimneys all around them. I was flaboghausted by this. I doubt a professionally run centre would do this.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to JoJoD For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (20-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    I've done all of this. I've complained to the regulatory body, the Childcare brand she operates under and the Council. Nothing happens! Of course she not yelling and screaming if she answering the door to these people or the kids parents. It all seems very pleasant when these people turn up! She operates from a teeny tiny house and back yard and a few weeks ago the house right next door was being demolished and having asbestos removed and we were told by the demolishes to vacate for the day which we did but she left the kids playing in the tiny courtyard with smashing windows walls and chimneys all around them. I was flaboghausted by this. I doubt a professionally run centre would do this.
    Ok, so why don't you start recording footage on your ph , taking photo's etc to get the evidence to show them?? I'd definitely be telling the parents what's going on and showing them the footage/pics that I had.

Especially about the asbestos!!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

JoJoD  (20-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't read the entire thread, but I would never send my child/ren to family daycare - ever. So many reasons against it, too many to list.

These are my thoughts and feelings. I am sure others have great experiences, I just wouldn't risk it.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KitiK For This Useful Post:

Janesmum123  (20-06-2015),JoJoD  (20-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Daycare centre or family day care?

Then report her! Why just stand by with all that going on?

*edit* just saw your follow up response. Keep trying!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't read all the responses but I have used both services and would only use family day care in the future. The lady I used to send my son was AMAZING! He leant so much and the kids were such a tight little group of friends was lovely to watch.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had DS2 in a centre to begin with. Hated it. He came home crying every night. Constantly sick so I was always having days off. He is now in a fdc and I love it! She is the most lovely lady. She's older than other day care mums. Her children are grown up and moved out. He adores her. Having said that DS1 was in a centre until school and that particular centre was fantastic. Never had a problem with them. I think it depends on getting the right fit for your family. With DS2 I was getting home from work at 6:30 and the centre was closing at 6pm. I had visited a few day care mums before picking. I saw about 4 before my current one. None of them I felt good about. I had a great feeling about current daycare mum and I was right!