+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Daycare centre or family day care?

Have had my daughter in a day care centre for a few months now but not very happy with them so considering changing and wondering what people recommend, centre or family day care? She has just turned 1 and has been walking for a few months so is mostly Independant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Daycare centre or family day care?

If you're working, I think daycares are more reliable. If the family daycare person is sick, sometimes they don't have replacements and if they do, your child will be in an unfamiliar house with an unfamiliar carer.

Also, who looks after the kids when the family daycarer is going to the toilet? Answering the door?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I recently changed my DD to a new smaller centre and she's much happier. Its in the beechboro morley area

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've chosen a centre because I'm not comfortable putting my child with someone I don't know in their house. My sister uses family day care (2 different ones) and just had to find 4 weeks of care elsewhere because both carers needed time off at around the same time and had no replacements.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Day care for similar reasons above. Very happy so far

Thanks
    Reviews
    I work FT and changed from a centre to FDC earlier this year. Best move ever! I already knew the carer though so that did make it a lot easier to leave my son with her. I'm so happy with the arrangement now, and my son is so much happier.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would never use family day care. You just don't know who is there during the day. I know there are plenty of fabulous fdc out there, but for me, it's not a risk I'm prepared to take.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD goes to a very small centre- 21 kids. It's set up like a family centre, with all kids from 15 months to 5 years in the same room. It's a great combo of the two.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Would only ever use a centre. Very reliable and more eyes on kids and systems in place. If one needs an ambiance a staff member will always go. At a Family day care the child would be sent alone. That is not for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would never consider family day care. My understanding is that there is generally only one day care 'mum', and that makes me feel uncomfortable, as there is no one around to monitor how they interact with the children.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to bigmummahen For This Useful Post:

JoJoD  (20-06-2015)