+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Question Toilet training stubborn 3yo

TT was going wonderfully until my DS had tonsillectomy, adenoidectomy and grommets put in again in Feb, he was really good the 2 weeks we were away while he recovered, but as soon as we returned home and got back into work/daycare routine he regressed
    We kept persevering, putting him in Undies, making a big deal when he went on potty, made him up a sticker/reward chart, and he got good again.
    Now he seems to be regressing again won't Poo in toilet and hardly ever uses toilet/potty for wee. Daycare asked a couple of weeks ago for me to put pullups in his bag so they could help try starting him again.
    There is a couple of little bully kids at daycare, so I’m starting to wonder if that may be the problem.

Any other tips on helping him through this period?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Toilet training stubborn 3yo

Following....my son is 3 and not even interested.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    From experience I would stop focusing on the poo part, my ds found this overwhelmingly difficult, I even went to his pead. about it.

After months of trying I gave in, at this point he had learned to hold it in for up to 10days, I let him have a nappy for number 2's to save both our sanity.
    Once he was doing number ones for a few months with no accidents, we went back to number 2's.
    Just take his lead the more you push the longer it takes. I really never thought it could be as difficult as it was with my DS as my first was toilet trained by 18mths, DS however was nowhere near ready before 3. There really is no right time, it depends on the child.
    Don't worry your little one will eventually get there

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sparklebug For This Useful Post:

hoping28  (19-06-2015),Nafsika  (18-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    How old is your DS? How long ago did he start regressing and did anything else happen in that time?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    How old is your DS? How long ago did he start regressing and did anything else happen in that time?
    He has just turned 3, regressed after surgery in Feb, only other thing i can think of that has changed is that he has moved up to Kindy room at daycare, but still the same carers as they go between toddler and kindy rooms.

last night we put him on toilet with ipad, he did wee's and then said he was done, 10 minutes later he had pooed in his undies he knew he had done it and just lay on the floor waiting for one of us to change him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My son is 3yrs 3mths old and showing no signs of toileting. He watches hubby and I go to the toilet but when I ask if he wants to try toilet etc he goes no I not like toilets. He won't even wear jocks over his nappy. He is due to go up to the pre kinder room at his daycare but they won't put him up as he's not toilet training. I'm at a loss as to how to get it all started and it's starting to stress me out. Any help please

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 3.5yr old was fully trained in about a week. We stopped focusing on toilet training completely and told him he could choose between having a nappy on for the day or 1hr of time using the ipad. Kid loves his ipad ;-)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Candiceo For This Useful Post:

mumma2jakeb  (04-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    It sounds crazy but have you tried ping pong balls in the toilet? My son was admittedly younger but also refused to use the toilet so I placed ping pong balls in the toilet and said he's get 5 gummy bears every time his wee hit a ping pong ball. He thought it was hilarious. He was trained in 3 days.

The balls don't flush so they don't cause any problems. I just removed them (using gloves!) whenever I knew adults would be using the toilet.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

mumma2jakeb  (04-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Candiceo View Post
    My 3.5yr old was fully trained in about a week. We stopped focusing on toilet training completely and told him he could choose between having a nappy on for the day or 1hr of time using the ipad. Kid loves his ipad ;-)

Oh ur a genius. My son loves the iPad too. And he loves paw patrol. I think I just found his motivation. How did u work out how he would get the iPad? If he used the toilet all day? Or just a wee or poo on toilet or just trying?

Thanks
    Reviews
    We went cold turkey, no nappies here with my just turned 3 year old. If given the choice, she always refused too. She was too busy playing! But after 2 days of wearing undies & being told no nappies anymore, she's a big girl who does her wees on the toilet etc, something clicked. We had nothing but accidents those first 2 days so be prepared for that if you do choose to go this way

14. The Following User Says Thank You to amcyus For This Useful Post:

mumma2jakeb  (05-08-2015)