+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by calicocat View Post
    My child will sit nicely and behave like an angel at cafes/restaurants while I sip my coffee and nibble on a muffin.
    My eldest DD was a gem to take out, she sat beautifully, was well behaved, we used to do coffee at a cafe a few times a week. I thought I was such a good parent for having such a well behaved daughter. My cousins child was the opposite to mine and was a wild child, didnt sit still, ran around the cafe and just quietly I used to think "oh for godsake, just tell her to sit down. its not that hard". Weeeellllllll, then along came DD2 and she was a complete and utter nightmare to take out. If we went to a cafe she ended up in the kitchen, she climbed the benches or the tables, she tipped out the salt and pepper shakers and the sugar, she opened the fridges, one time she wiped her snotty nose on a beautiful throw rug that was for sale in the cafe. Karma got me royally for being so judgemental about my cousins child. DD2 is now 4.5y/o and she is only just now managing to behave in cafes and that is simply because she is open to bribery!

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GirlsRock For This Useful Post:

BettyV  (22-06-2015),calicocat  (22-06-2015),Happy Camper  (23-06-2015),LaDiDah  (22-06-2015),SoThisIsLove  (23-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    "I won't be one of those parents who stresses themselves out unnecessarily over their child's development because all kids develop at their own pace as long as he is happy and healthy"
    Here I am stressing that he isn't walking yet but not wanting to wish time away and for him to grow up too quickly!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to azelqra For This Useful Post:

Happy Camper  (23-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlsRock View Post
    My eldest DD was a gem to take out, she sat beautifully, was well behaved, we used to do coffee at a cafe a few times a week. I thought I was such a good parent for having such a well behaved daughter. My cousins child was the opposite to mine and was a wild child, didnt sit still, ran around the cafe and just quietly I used to think "oh for godsake, just tell her to sit down. its not that hard". Weeeellllllll, then along came DD2 and she was a complete and utter nightmare to take out. If we went to a cafe she ended up in the kitchen, she climbed the benches or the tables, she tipped out the salt and pepper shakers and the sugar, she opened the fridges, one time she wiped her snotty nose on a beautiful throw rug that was for sale in the cafe. Karma got me royally for being so judgemental about my cousins child. DD2 is now 4.5y/o and she is only just now managing to behave in cafes and that is simply because she is open to bribery!
    Lol hilarious....

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

DarcyJ  (23-06-2015),GirlsRock  (23-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I thought solids would be a breeze if I waited til 6 months. (My kid hates being fed!)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mamasupial For This Useful Post:

Happy Camper  (23-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Maybe it's because I have so many siblings (and am the eldest), but I don't really have expectations of my future kids...

I DO however, have 'wants', etc.

E.g. I don't want to co-sleep. I want to mix feed. I want a quiet child.

Lol... I'm going to get a kid who is fussy and never sleeps and wants to be in my bed until they move out, huh?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'll admit that before I became a parent, I occasionally put on my judgey pants at work. I was a childcare worker, you see, and I had experience and knew lots and lots about children.

Until I actually had to live with them.

Why doesn't she wipe the sleep from her kid's eyes? Surely it's not that hard to take a couple of seconds out of your morning ... HA! DS1 screams blue murder if I bring a tissue or damp washcloth anywhere near his face. Half the time I don't even bother completely wiping his face clean because it's not worth the trouble. Besides, it'll come off in the bath. Someday.

That woman doesn't work! Why is her kid in daycare? HA! I send DS1 to his grandmother's house twice a week just so I can regain my sanity AND clean the apartment. Because it sure as heck isn't going to get clean with him here. Sure, it'll only be clean for the duration of his absence, but at least I can enjoy the fresh piney scent for a little bit.

Using lollies and toys as bribery? That's not right and the child will LEARN NOTHING! HA. "Do a wee on the toilet and mummy'll give you a snake." "OK!"

It's the little things that make so much more sense now that I have to deal with them.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to snowqu33n For This Useful Post:

Gentoo  (23-06-2015),GirlsRock  (23-06-2015),MsViking  (24-06-2015)