+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    God everything here - screen time, cosleep, the food thing (yesterday DS had a handful of Jatz, two Yoghurts, a slice of cheese and some berries for dinner and I was thrilled!), licensed merchandise...

He won't have a houseful of toys, I said. We will read together every night, I said (I try to but it's hit and miss whether he will sit through it).

I still believe in this stuff, just reality...

The one thing I've stuck to which I'm proud of is never to argue in front of DS.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

Frankenmum  (18-06-2015),Happy Camper  (22-06-2015),nh2489  (18-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    "I won't snap at/be short with my toddler. It doesn't help."
    "I'll ignore poor behaviour rather than giving it attention."

Sooo much harder to stick to in practice!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Renn For This Useful Post:

Happy Camper  (22-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I'm not going to run to the baby every time he cries. That will only teach him to manipulate me.

What an absolute crock. I know now I could never leave my little baby to cry and I really cringe when people still suggest I should.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to HeavenBlue For This Useful Post:

BettyV  (18-06-2015),Cardi  (18-06-2015),DizzyDaisy  (18-06-2015),Happy Camper  (22-06-2015),KiWolf  (18-06-2015),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (22-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I have things like "Kids will only get toys from us (parents) and not friends/family", "Bedtime will be stuck too unless sick", etc.

And, actually, they are things we have managed to stick to with DSS and DSD. Obviously I have no way of knowing if it will be the same with any other kids, but it's nice to dream. LOL.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to DT75 For This Useful Post:

SuperGranny is online now Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    this is hard for me to remember that far back. one thing I did stick to was not to bed share. the babies were in a bassinette in our bedroom for the first few months, but never once slept in our bed. I did intend to breastfeed, and I did manage that. cant think of anything else. I was young when I had the kids. so maybe I didn't have time to think " I wont do such and such'' before I actually had the kids. marie.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SuperGranny For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzys Dragon View Post
    "I will never allow The Wiggles airtime in my house or car".

A 'best of' cd of The Wiggles is on repeat in the car.
    DD's fav program is "Emma Wiggle" & she sleeps with a Dorothy the Dinosaur plushie that was carefully selected by said child at The Wiggles Shop at Dreamworld.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Said and maintained here.

Just failed on everything else I said I wouldn't do 😂

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Moxy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    Most of the things I said I have stuck to, I was pro co-sleeping and wanted to bf until 2 and I did.

However I also said I wouldn't yell which is all well and good when I only had one child and he behaved pretty much all the time but with 2 I have yelled a lot more than I ever wanted to.

Something which I said I would never do and haven't but now understand why people would is use a toddler backpack with a leash. DS1 - never a runner. DS2 - runner and so fast! He is great now but between 1 and 2 he had no concept of safety and I had no idea if he would stop before a road or not.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to FrothyFrog For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    "I will never co-sleep"

"I'm going to use cloth nappies and reduce landfill!"

These were ones I didn't stick to - while co-sleeping isn't something that's done every night I do do it when I need to sleep/when DS is sick or just won't go to sleep in his cot.

Cloth nappies - yeah that one never happened. I had good intentions but once he was here I just couldn't be bothered with the washing while trying to navigate having a newborn and being a parent. Then I just continued with disposables. I never even tried. :/

Pretty much everything else I was open to/flexible with.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Pearlygirl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    "My children will eat anything I offer them. I'll just insist". Yeah right!

We went to Thailand last year (insert "cringe, hide in shame, I cant believe I am about to admit this" face), and my kids ate nuggets and chips for 9 nights in a row. After the first night of insisting, cajoling, bribing, threatening and finally conceding that they wouldn't try anything, I realised that my holiday would be much more pleasant if I just gave in. Maybe when they are teenagers we will try again.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to GirlsRock For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FrothyFrog View Post

Something which I said I would never do and haven't but now understand why people would is use a toddler backpack with a leash. DS1 - never a runner. DS2 - runner and so fast! He is great now but between 1 and 2 he had no concept of safety and I had no idea if he would stop before a road or not.
    We use a backpack/lead with our 19 month old and I absolutely love it. Being 9 months pregnant it means I can still let him have a little wander but i don't have to be running after him. I know some might think it looks awful but for the most part people think it looks pretty cute.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to nh2489 For This Useful Post: