+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Reaction to Prenatal vitamins

Hi Ladies,
    so hubby and I are TTC #1 I having been taking prenatal vitamins I first tried elevit and am now trying Blackmores conceive well gold, but I find with both of them I am getting a rash around my lips and finding they are sore. Feels like sun/wind burn on my lips? I know it is not dehydration as I drink 3-4litres on average every day.
    I was just wondering if any one else experienced this? and what you did about it?

I like the ideal of taking a multivitamin however if this continues I think i will just take the I-folic by blackmores as I hate having sore lips!

Anythouhgts?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry I can't help but perhaps you could call a pharmacist? They should be able to give you an idea of what's causing it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had s reaction the the elevit with added iodine. Made me get really bad stomach cramps and poo the colour of grass. I called the number on the bottle and spoke to a lady who got in contact with the pharmacy o bought it from so I could get a refund. I changed to just folic acid.now I'm taking cenovis pregnancy supplement haven't had a reaction

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm taking Blackmores conceive well gold too, but have had no skin or rash reactions. I do find they make me feel sick when I'm taking them..even though it's only a second before I swallow them down with water they make me feel kinda ill. I think it's the taste/smell! Bleghh! Anyone else have a similar reaction?
    @twentysomething I hope you can get an answer! Let us know how you go

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by twentysomething View Post
    Hi Ladies,
    so hubby and I are TTC #1 I having been taking prenatal vitamins I first tried elevit and am now trying Blackmores conceive well gold, but I find with both of them I am getting a rash around my lips and finding they are sore. Feels like sun/wind burn on my lips? I know it is not dehydration as I drink 3-4litres on average every day.
    I was just wondering if any one else experienced this? and what you did about it?

I like the ideal of taking a multivitamin however if this continues I think i will just take the I-folic by blackmores as I hate having sore lips!

Anythouhgts?
    You could be allergic to a ingredient/additive. I never could take them because they made me vomit. Check with GP?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had a reaction to the capsule casing on some with my first pregnancy?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Try MyGen it's what my naturopath has me on. Not sure what stores you can buy it but you can find it online