+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Need Sleep :(

First of all this is just a massive whinge and vent post because I'm really at my wits end after another sleepless night at our place. My 4 yr old and almost 3 yr old seem to have forgotten they ever slept through the night and for months have been taking it in turns to wake at all hours. Sometimes they go back to sleep in their beds but sometimes out of pure exhaustion I let them into ours and that's almost worse with the tossing and turning.

Last night when I got into bed the neighbours were fighting so that was a lovely and relaxing way to go to sleep. Midnight there's a cat outside our door howling... First child wakes a 3am and it's two visits to settle again. Upon return to bed I find a poo on the bedroom carpet from our kitten!!?!? Who has never done this before and is only in there because she meows all night otherwise and wakes the house. At this stage my sanity is hanging by a thread... So I do a quick clean before putting bucket over it to sort the rest this morning. Cats back in laundry... Hop into bed... Cue both kids coming out of their rooms and into ours... I just gave in and let them. Hubby went to their room and got another half hour before work. But that was me because the cat wouldn't stop meowing in the laundry....

I got to breaking point this morning and was in tears before hubby left for work... I'm just so done with these horrible nights. It would be ok if it was just the kids as sometimes the might wake once or just early. But it's always the kitten and noise from outside ruining those nights too. I feel I should be able to manage this but today I'm so over it.., I've even considered re homing the kitten because there's no where else we can put her without hearing her....

Ergh.. Not really expecting any replies but just wanted to get it off my chest. Really missing that feeling of hopping into bed and sinking into the warmth of a decent nights sleep... Feels so long since I've had it...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No answers but huge hugs and a shoulder to lean on.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

Dirtgirl  (17-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Mega hugs!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to teenie For This Useful Post:

Dirtgirl  (17-06-2015)

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Having a kitten or puppy is just like having a newborn again for those first few weeks.

I certainly know how you feel- my dd is a terrible sleeper but last night did a pretty good job. Of course, that was the night both my boys wet the bed (separate times!) and the night my arm was in an odd position and went numb and then I punched myself in the face with it while I was asleep and scared the poo out of myself. (My eye still hurts this morning so I would say it was a decent punch!)

Some nights everything just seems to go wrong!!

Rest assured- your kitten will learn to be quiet at night. Your neighbours will have some nights when they don't fight (we hope!). Your kids will eventually sleep through again- consider a reward system to motivate them to stay in their own beds. It can only get better, right?

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Nomsie For This Useful Post:

BerryDelicious  (17-06-2015),Dirtgirl  (17-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies! Nomsie I'm sorry but I had a bit of a giggle at the self punch! But sounds like you had a similar night. Lucky today is a pretty easy one so I'm fortunate there!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirtgirl For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (17-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dirtgirl can I just ask if you have a pet bed & food in the laundry with your kitten?

We have a new kitten in the laundry too Its only 6 weeks old & weve had it from 4 week (think 4 - 8 syringe feeds a night and constant crying. I get it

Wasn't until I put a heated pet bed in the laundry with her that it finally stopped crying and went to sleep.

The tiles are so cold and I'm not sure how old your kitten is but little kittens need help to stay warm.

Also re food & kitten milk always accessible due to my kittens age & that its only just learning to feed itself so thought id mention it incase your kitten is only a baby too.

Sorry to hear about the horrible sleepless nights.. Personally I'd leave them all at home with DH for a night and check yourself into a motel Recharge those batteries x

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=BerryDelicious;8214349]Dirtgirl can I just ask if you have a pet bed & food in the laundry with your kitten?

Hi BerryDelicious, yeah we have it all set up in there for her... Litter tray, food and water always accessible and a cosy basket which she prefers up high on the bench. Thing is she's already 5 months so this has been going on since February... She was waking only because she heard the kids or us but might go back to sleep but now just meows to come out and then thinks it's play time... At 2 am haha oh boy I'm at a loss as to what to do. Last night was the first night we left the laundry door open and let her have the chance to come out of her own accord so the fact she soiled the carpet was just typical timing!!

The real kicker is my husband wasn't keen on getting a kitten it was more my idea as my 4 year old has been obsessed with cats since she was about 2... So now it feels like he's resenting the cat.. I'm resenting the lack of sleep.. Ah the joys! Anyways thanks for the vent and support

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtgirl View Post
    Thanks ladies! Nomsie I'm sorry but I had a bit of a giggle at the self punch! But sounds like you had a similar night. Lucky today is a pretty easy one so I'm fortunate there!
    It's ok you can laugh. I woke df up just to tell him and he had a good chuckle too! I really did damage my eye though because dammit it is *still* stinging!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Nomsie For This Useful Post:

Dirtgirl  (17-06-2015)