+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Can I request trigger shot?

Im so upset this month wasnf out month. Anyway means im off to fertility centre to have a full month monitored with blood tests and ultrasound.
    Thing is im on cycle 8 of clomid which is so much. and I dont ovulate until cd20+ on it so wonder if I can ask clinic to trigger me earlier if I have mature follicles or would they do that as soon as they say matured onea anyway?
    So over this game

Thanks
    Reviews
    Or do they do that anyway? So confused. I will just call the clinic and see what the plan is. I dont think my question can really be answered here sorry!

Thanks
    Reviews
    What dosage have you been taking? If you are not ovulating until cd20+ then you might need a higher dose (or at least that's what my FS did).

Thanks
    Reviews
    I started on 50mg and was put up to 100 with confirmed ovulation its just so late I wonder if thats our issue

Thanks
    Reviews
    It would depend on the clinic and your bloods and ultrasound results.

My clinic did blood tests and ultrasounds to determine the best approach.

As I had mature follicles at day 10 on 50mg clomid but my blood work wasn't showing the LH surge at the right time they gave me a trigger. Initially they said they would just monitor the first cycle, but as nothing was happening they just jumped in with a trigger straight away. I'd agree with PP that it may be your dose of clomid (a higher dose can bring forward O too) not just a trigger shot.

8 rounds of clomid is a lot, i'd be asking for an ultrasound to check your lining as well. Mine reduced significantly after my second round of clomid.

The sooner you can start getting monitored properly the sooner they can try work out what is going on. Good luck.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to HeyMissA For This Useful Post:

kim85  (20-06-2015)