+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by lolly007 View Post
    I'm absolutely shocked. my comments were nothing more than speculation on the excuse she will use to bury this stupid publicity stunt. in no way was I wishing a miscarriage on anyone. nor am I trivializing miscarriage and those who have gone through it.

seriously?? like this is a space cadet thread to discuss/throw around opinions on a space cadet couple.

I'm actually a little taken aback that people would sit here and get defensive and offended over meaningless internet chatter.

honestly if you find this kind of celebrity speculation and chit chat that offensive, why click in the thread.

I'm also failing to grasp how you get from GG talk to bub hub members feeling unsafe and unsupported.

As someone who has suffered two miscarriages, I was offended.

I explained that I knew noone was wishing a miscarriage on anyone. But it still left a bad taste.

Also, if you'd care to notice, I am not the only one who felt this way.

[text removed by moderator]
    Last edited by Mod-Nomsie; 19-06-2015 at 13:04.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    What drama over nothing. Typical 😒

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gracie's Mum For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (19-06-2015),Skyler  (18-06-2015),Star Light  (19-06-2015),tazz475  (19-06-2015)

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    As much as I find this couple to be a train wreck, I am uncomfortable with a lot of the speculation about miscarriage etc. Miscarriage and infertility at woven into my story so I would hate to think that any of this is a stunt so I will take Gabi at her word.

Charlotte Dawson's death has demonstrated how keyboard warriors can and do wear down real people with a public persona.

5. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

btmacxxx  (19-06-2015),harvs  (18-06-2015),HeavenBlue  (19-06-2015),LoveLivesHere  (18-06-2015),Moxy  (18-06-2015),mummymaybe  (19-06-2015),munchkin275  (18-06-2015),trustno1  (19-06-2015),VicPark  (18-06-2015)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    @DT75, it is an important point you made, and not one that I had considered (perhaps as I haven't experienced miscarriage myself, your perspective was in my 'blind spot' iykwim?). I completely understand that you were offended and that this thread struck a nerve, and I am sorry that it did so. That's never a nice feeling, and even moreso if it is unexpected and kind of comes out of the blue.

You definitely have a right to express your opinion, I'll be the first person to say this. However, if what you want is to bring a new level of understanding or different perspective (which is probably the best outcome at this point?), then saying a blanket 'I am disgusted by you all' or threatening to use comments in this thread against people in the future is unlikely to open people up to your point of view. Your earlier post was clearly written while you were feeling angry or emotional, and I suspect that your message may have been obscured as the post read very aggressively.

For many people, this thread was shooting the breeze about someone who openly, regularly and seemingly unashamedly courts public attention. Your perspective has value, for sure, and it was certainly a learning point for me. But perhaps something you didn't consider is that some of us genuinely haven't had experience or understanding to have been reading the thread through your eyes. That isn't people being worthy of disgust IMO.

A rule of thumb for me on the hub is to assume that people are good and mean well. We all miss the point or misspeak at times, but in general it is a great forum to learn from different people's life experiences. It doesn't make a difference to the fact that you are offended, but I genuinely believe no one on this thread was setting out to be offensive. I don't always believe that saying that offense can only be taken, not given, but I do believe that more often than not, offense is unintended and the result of seeing the world through different eyes.

Feel free to ignore me of course. It's just something I remind myself every now and then :-)

7. The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

Anndrosa  (19-06-2015),BettyW  (19-06-2015),billykate  (20-06-2015),BlondeinBrisvegas  (20-06-2015),delirium  (19-06-2015),DT75  (19-06-2015),ertgirl  (29-07-2015),Gracie's Mum  (18-06-2015),HeavenBlue  (19-06-2015),LaDiDah  (18-06-2015),Lauzy  (19-06-2015),lolly007  (19-06-2015),Mama Mirabelle  (19-06-2015),Mod-Nomsie  (19-06-2015),Moxy  (18-06-2015),mrsboyts  (22-06-2015),sarahjane914  (19-06-2015),Skyler  (19-06-2015),SpotTheOcelot  (21-06-2015),SuperGranny  (19-06-2015),tazz475  (19-06-2015),TheGooch  (18-06-2015),trustno1  (19-06-2015),Wheaty  (18-06-2015),~Marigold~  (18-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialPatrolGroup View Post
    As much as I find this couple to be a train wreck, I am uncomfortable with a lot of the speculation about miscarriage etc. Miscarriage and infertility at woven into my story so I would hate to think that any of this is a stunt so I will take Gabi at her word.

Charlotte Dawson's death has demonstrated how keyboard warriors can and do wear down real people with a public persona.
    Thank you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am only voicing my own thoughts and opinion here, but I feel like underneath the persona and the 'I don't care what anyone thinks about me' front that GG portrays...I think that she is a sad, lost and lonely girl. I pick up that vibe from her, I don't really know why. Just little snippets of what I've read from her and her behaviour. I think she's a lot like Charlotte Dawson actually, seems like she can handle it all and is tough on the outside, but she probably cries herself to sleep at night.
    Last edited by Gracie's Mum; 18-06-2015 at 23:57.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gracie's Mum For This Useful Post:

MrsSS  (19-06-2015),VicPark  (19-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's just another typical abusive relationship. He has all the power, the money , he's much older and experienced at life. What about all the women he was apparently sleeping with when him and Byrnne were together? She strikes me as a young , immature girl who clearly is vulnerable and has mental health issues . The classic type who abusers look for. It won't last and she will regret getting involved with him. I feel sorry for her.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnyflower For This Useful Post:

Skyler  (19-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    @DT75, it is an important point you made, and not one that I had considered (perhaps as I haven't experienced miscarriage myself, your perspective was in my 'blind spot' iykwim?). I completely understand that you were offended and that this thread struck a nerve, and I am sorry that it did so. That's never a nice feeling, and even moreso if it is unexpected and kind of comes out of the blue.

You definitely have a right to express your opinion, I'll be the first person to say this. However, if what you want is to bring a new level of understanding or different perspective (which is probably the best outcome at this point?), then saying a blanket 'I am disgusted by you all' or threatening to use comments in this thread against people in the future is unlikely to open people up to your point of view. Your earlier post was clearly written while you were feeling angry or emotional, and I suspect that your message may have been obscured as the post read very aggressively.

For many people, this thread was shooting the breeze about someone who openly, regularly and seemingly unashamedly courts public attention. Your perspective has value, for sure, and it was certainly a learning point for me. But perhaps something you didn't consider is that some of us genuinely haven't had experience or understanding to have been reading the thread through your eyes. That isn't people being worthy of disgust IMO.

A rule of thumb for me on the hub is to assume that people are good and mean well. We all miss the point or misspeak at times, but in general it is a great forum to learn from different people's life experiences. It doesn't make a difference to the fact that you are offended, but I genuinely believe no one on this thread was setting out to be offensive. I don't always believe that saying that offense can only be taken, not given, but I do believe that more often than not, offense is unintended and the result of seeing the world through different eyes.

Feel free to ignore me of course. It's just something I remind myself every now and then :-)
    [text removed by moderator]

I was not angry when I wrote that post and I'm sorry if it came across that way. I was, and am, disgusted. Noone else mentioned it until after me. Not one person, on a forum where people go through miscarriages often, said "oh that's going a bit far". So yes, all.

Miscarriage is not a term I like seen used casually, even as speculation.

It is not drama over nothing @Gracie's Mum. I was deeply hurt and offended by the casualness it was thrown in there.

ETA: If someone had replied with, "Oh I'm sorry you took offence and hurt from that" that would have been the end of it.
    Last edited by Mod-Nomsie; 19-06-2015 at 13:08.

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Fair enough.

I was talking about your earlier post fwiw.

Maybe people didn't mention it earlier for the reasons I tried to express. Or maybe some people who were on this thread simply don't see it the same way? That's ok too. We are all different.

I agree the other post was very reactive and a little aggressive, but that reaction probably didn't come out of nowhere?

I'll leave it there. I was trying to offer a different way of looking at things. I'm not having a go or trying to start conflict. It was just something to think about.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

DT75  (19-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DT75 View Post

I was not angry when I wrote that post and I'm sorry if it came across that way. I was, and am, disgusted. Noone else mentioned it until after me. Not one person, on a forum where people go through miscarriages often, said "oh that's going a bit far". So yes, all.

Miscarriage is not a term I like seen used casually, even as speculation.

It is not drama over nothing @Gracie's Mum. I was deeply hurt and offended by the casualness it was thrown in there.

ETA: If someone had replied with, "Oh I'm sorry you took offence and hurt from that" that would have been the end of it.
    I am sorry you've taken offence at this thread. I was not trying to attack you. as someone else pointed out above, your post was construed as being quite aggressive. I felt as though you were pointing the finger at me as I was the one who originally said it. I therefore felt the need to defend myself.

I see that the casual mention of miscarriage is something that upsets and offends you deeply. I don't know you though so I'm sorry if what I said caused you distress. it was not something done with malice or bad intention.

I do think your original post (I'm so disgusted) was perhaps not the best way to get people on your side though. it came across as a bit pious. people here are posting innocently enough, nobody is out to cause offence.

I do agree GG seems like a sad, lost little girl. I got that vibe from brynne a bit too but GG seems to take it to a new level. I don't really get the Charlotte Dawson comparison though. GG courts the media, her Instagram is full of nudey look at me stuff. she wants attention (good or bad). she knows her actions will get people talking.
    Last edited by Mod-Nomsie; 19-06-2015 at 13:10.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lolly007 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (20-06-2015),Gracie's Mum  (19-06-2015),Moxy  (19-06-2015),tazz475  (19-06-2015)