+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default What Pram would you get?

If you were about to have a 6 year old, 4.5 year old, 2.5 year old, and newborn, what pram would you buy?

I know my bigger 3 are all old enough to walk, but my 2 year old is a runner and there are times I really really need to keep him contained beause he just has no concept of staying anywhere near mum and just runs off out of sight the minute he is free. We also are a very very active family, go a lot of places and do a lot of walking. I feel like I'm going to need a double pram even though Ben will be 2.5. I am also a baby wearer, and will wear both newborn and toddler when need be, but I still feel the need to have a pram that can do most of the work sometimes.

I won't have space for a huge contraption in my car. With 4 car seats taking up majority of the space, I need something that folds down quite compact.

I have had soooo very many different prams in my parenting life, so I should be the one recommending prams to other poeple, but I'm seriously getting sick of looking at them, and I really can't decide what to do! I want someone to tell me what to buy!

so, a) needs to have an option to take a 2nd child b) needs to fold compact c) needs to be good for walking d) I still want it to be a niceish pram for walking around with one baby on the days my others are all at kindy/school

I currently have a phil & Teds dot which fills all of my needs except that it's really not a very attractive pram for my days when I will just have newbie, and isn't really a nice newborn pram anyway. I'd have to get a capsule attachment or something like that for it... plus I'm not actually enjoying walking with it that much, the wheels feel a bit small and seem to go flat all the time.

Suggestions PLEASE!
    Last edited by CazHazKidz; 16-06-2015 at 09:54.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    There was a thread recently about double prams so worth having a search for it and reading through as there were lots of suggestions. I guess it depends on whether you want tandem or side by side. I think side by side can be easier to fold, more compact etc such as the city jogger double and somebody mentioned the valco, but if you think you would prefer a narrower one for shopping etc then there are some good options for tandems. For example I'm just about to start using an icandy peach blossom which can be used as a single but converts to double and can be used with bassinet or capsule. The big downside I can see for you though is that it does take up quite a bit of room in the car as the seat units don't really fold down much so if you have a seat and bassinet plus the frame you need a fairly big boot.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to nh2489 For This Useful Post:

CazHazKidz  (16-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I was contemplating a capsule, so would mean I'd only need to have in my car the frame, capsule which would be in the carseats position, and then the 2nd toddler seat. Do you think the toddler seat would fit at the kids in the 2nd rows feet? So it wasn't taking up boot space? Prams are going to be the death of me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It probably would. I agree that using the capsule is a good idea, I know that i hardly ever used the bassinet with ds1 so when I'm out with the car I'll probably just use the capsule too. With the frame and one seat in the boot it's not too bad. It's worth having a search then considering buying something second hand. I got mine on eBay with all the seats and attachments for about a third of the cost new. I just washed everything and bought few small items like a new basket.

I know lots of people like the side by side ones but living in the city and spending a lot of time of public transport etc I wanted something narrower. Ds2 is due next week so I havnt actually started using it as a double so might actually hate it!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to nh2489 For This Useful Post:

CazHazKidz  (16-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a side by side for my 2nd and 3rd babies, but I had more room in the car for it and also the age gap was smaller so I was more likely to have 2 babies in it MOST of the time, whereas this time, I'll only have one baby in it most of the time, so seems silly to have a side by side with one babe in it

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Toddler seat on my baby jogger city select fits at the feet of the back seat. We used a capsule with it.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to AdornedWithCats For This Useful Post:

CazHazKidz  (16-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1434432654.025395.jpg
    Thought I'd post a pic I took before of the icandy peach with the main seat in the boot so you can see how much room it takes up.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to nh2489 For This Useful Post:

CazHazKidz  (17-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would go with the icandy Apple 2 Pear. I have it and love it! It's easy to go from single to double pram. It can have a seat for the toddler plus either capsule or bassinet for the newborn. When you only need it as a single, that's fine too. It's only a couple of small bits that clip on to allow it to go from single to double. They have a video on the website if you're interested. Also it fits in a small car - I tried it in my friend's boot when she was considering it and the seat and frame fit in the boot of her Hyundai Getz! So yes if it fits in her car it would fit in any car.

In terms of its use it's easy to manoeuvre, not very wide, easy to fold and the frame is pretty light. It was the lightest double pram I found, besides those umbrella type double strollers but those you can't go from single to double and they're wider. Overall, I love it and I think it sounds like it would suit your situation.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TeaM For This Useful Post:

CazHazKidz  (17-06-2015),nh2489  (17-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @TeaM iCandy is at the top of my list at the moment

15. The Following User Says Thank You to CazHazKidz For This Useful Post:

TeaM  (18-06-2015)