+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Uniquey View Post
    No, I don't donate blood as I lived in the UK during the time period deemed to be a risk of Mad Cow disease unfortunately, ...
    This is me, even though I'm vegetarian.
    This also disqualified me from donating cord blood.

I have never needed blood but it was considered after having DD as I had a massive PPH.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I did a couple of times but then started travelling a lot for work to countries that have high incidences of a disease (I can't remember what) that means you can't donate blood for a while. Once the waiting period is up I'll start donating again. Having a baby is a good excuse at work to get out of travelling

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm not allowed as I lived in the uk during the Mad Cow fiasco. I totally would have otherwise.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I started when I was at school but haven't since I was pregnant with ds I've been pregnant, breastfeeding or trying to get pregnant ever since. DH has done it a few times with me but due to the distance to the donor centre and opening times and him working he hasn't done it for a few years. They ring up every now and again to get him to donate, prob cause he's o neg.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CodieBloom View Post
    Yes, I donate blood. I have been doing it every 3mnths since I turned 16, (with exceptions when I'm on holiday etc.)
    I'm also on the bone marrow donation register, and have had my veins checked and given the OK do donate plasma but don't live near a centre (normally I use mobile ones) so havent been able to do it yet!
    You are amazing and my hero.

I used to average about once every 6m but since babies/IVF treatment I haven't done it in years. Going to make an appointment soon though! Never needed it thankfully

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    You are amazing and my hero.

I used to average about once every 6m but since babies/IVF treatment I haven't done it in years. Going to make an appointment soon though! Never needed it thankfully
    Aw thankyou.. thats very sweet.
    I'm lucky to have had a mother who I always watched donate. (And am A- so recieve VERY prompt reminders of when I can donate!!)
    Lets hope that if & when I get the bone marrow donation call-up that I'm eligible. It would break my heart to get the call and coincidentally be pregnant/ill or something.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to CodieBloom For This Useful Post:

Wise Enough  (16-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have never given blood, as I used to have a phobia of needles that would see me black out / lash out. Now its only injections so I actually enquired about donating.. have to wait until bub is 9 months old and I am no longer breastfeeding, then hubby & I plan to do it together :-)

I have never needed blood.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I really want to, I'm so terrified of needles but I think I need to get over it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CodieBloom View Post
    Aw thankyou.. thats very sweet.
    I'm lucky to have had a mother who I always watched donate. (And am A- so recieve VERY prompt reminders of when I can donate!!)
    Lets hope that if & when I get the bone marrow donation call-up that I'm eligible. It would break my heart to get the call and coincidentally be pregnant/ill or something.
    I ticked that box on a form once. Was that all I had to do? They don't need to do anymore tests?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not allowed to as I lost consciousness while donating once. Automatic life disqualification apparently my body doesn't cope well with donating. I was fine with the needle but started feeling light headed after they took about 200 mls.