Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by meredithgrey View Post
    Bit of over-exaggeration there?

A full $200-$300 trolley of groceries only takes 5-10 minutes max to scan through and complete the transaction.....

Where do you put all your bags at the self-service checkout when your trolley is still full?
    No it's not. I timed it (but thanks for the assumptions everyone). They don't shut up. And actually talk to other people as well and not just the person they are serving. A few times they have wandered away from the register to do god knows what. And, yea, i have complained and called managers over. They don't care.

I put a chunk of items on the shelf next to the self serve (where baskets usually go) and fill the trolley with the full bags. It's quite easy actually.
    Last edited by DT75; 18-06-2015 at 11:04.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I must be a horrible shopper that makes you all cranky :sly:

I take all 5 kids and hubby to coles after church on Sunday every week.

I take the kids shopping after school most days.

I do a whole trolley load through a self checkout fairly often. I put bags on the floor if need be. Never had a problem.

I shop once a week with 2 trolleys and a old lady with a huge disability scooter. We often block a section of the aisle. We try not but sometimes you just can't help it.

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    I don't understand this! I'm all for efficiency, however it's not like Coles and woolworths are losing money! They make plenty of it. But profits over the wellbeing of their staff ****s me to tears
    This is why I don't use self-serve checkout (on the rare occasion I visit a supermarket that has one). I think it will be/is at the expense of jobs for humans.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (18-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankenmum View Post
    I'm super lucky that my local Coles is a brand new one and was built as a flagship store for how it 'should' be - nice wide aisles, door greeter, huge self-serve area, and lots of open checkouts. There are never more than 2 people lined up. I LOVE it, and even though it's more exxy than the local Woolies I still shop there.

But I do still have a pet hate there though - when you're trying to get out of a busy aisle and someone wants to get in, so they just barge in and cause a traffic jam! Do they not realise that if they just let me out first there would be room for them to get into the aisle easily!?!?
    I wonder if you live near me, brand new amazing coles, I love it. It is more exy than the local woollies... Hmm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    When you're looking at some items on the shelf deciding what to get/checking prices and out of nowhere an arm gets in front of you to grab something. Is it that hard to be polite and say "excuse me?".

When people stand RIGHT behind you in line and you can feel their breath on the back of your neck.

I'm sorry to say this, but kids that are left to run an absolute muck and almost/do smack right into you with the mum not saying a word. I understand kids are a handful and sometimes mums are just exhausted. It's annoying, though.

Rude customers. I hate hate hate seeing people being rude to workers. I find it's very rarely necessary, if ever.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to hopeful1986 For This Useful Post:

meandmyboys82  (21-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olive Oil View Post
    I wonder if you live near me, brand new amazing coles, I love it. It is more exy than the local woollies... Hmm.
    In in Qld

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ah no, I'm WA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Shopping with my husband. Hate it. Costs twice as much and come home with bags full of cr@p I have no time or desire to cook.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Raising Leprechauns For This Useful Post:

amyd  (21-06-2015),beebs  (18-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Omigod, I was thinking exactly this. Hubby and I went into the supermarket today - I asked him to get one of those big packs of ham that cost $5, he comes back with two packages of ham for $10 for the same amount. I couldn't be bothered arguing, but if he comes our shopping bill is usually around twice as much!

Quote Originally Posted by Raising Leprechauns View Post
    Shopping with my husband. Hate it. Costs twice as much and come home with bags full of cr@p I have no time or desire to cook.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I realise this is an isolated incident but the checkout lady at my local supermarket (where there are no self serve checkouts) used to scan everything and then leave it for me to bag. But then she'd be cross that it took me so long and would begin to push my things out the way so she could serve the next customer. I realise I was holding things up but seriously, how hard is it for her to scan then bag as she processes my stuff? I gotta admit, if no one was behind me waiting to be served, I'd stand there and wait for her to bag my stuff after I'd paid for it, and she was always so huffy like I was some big inconvenience (I guess I was but bagging is her job not mine!)