+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    I hate my superpower which involves becoming enamoured with a certain product, then the supermarket promptly deciding not to stock the item any longer.

My other superpower is that whatever I am shopping for is always going to be located behind a dirty great pallet that the fillers are using.

Being in the country, I see at least three students/former students every time, so I have to fill my trolley with like lettuce and healthy foods just so I can buy a damn family block of chocolate without feeling embarrassed.

For the love of God - can I just buy normal milk?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

JustJaq  (16-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    So many cranky shoppers! I agree with lots of the PPs. I am a cranky shopper too ☺

Quote Originally Posted by Chunkydunks View Post

I hate that our local woolies took a few things off the shelves that we would regularly buy, the brand of oat milk DH gets, the Massell gravy powder...just to name a couple of things.
    I have been irritated by this too. Not those items, but other ones. I wrote to Woolies about it - to ask, and because i thought they'd like the feedback. I got a very unsatisfactory nothing-y response! More cranky!

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    I am convinced my local Woolies doesn't even do night fill any more. They are doing restocking of shelves from about 6-10am. Boxes and pallets everywhere, annoying the bajinkers out of me.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Nomsie For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (17-06-2015)

TheGooch is online now Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Nomsie View Post
    I am convinced my local Woolies doesn't even do night fill any more. They are doing restocking of shelves from about 6-10am. Boxes and pallets everywhere, annoying the bajinkers out of me.
    I'm sure fancy Coles near me doesn't do night fill anymore either. Their aisles seem to be filled with people stacking shelves between 5pm-7pm nightly. It's painful

7. The Following User Says Thank You to TheGooch For This Useful Post:

azelqra  (18-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Nomsie View Post
    Apparently directive is to not do nightfill anymore....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Woolies has cut a lot of staff. I work front end and we've recently had a huge staff cut, and we don't even have self serves!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week

Default Supermarket Pet Hates *(Sort of Spin-off)*

Quote Originally Posted by allykat111 View Post
    Woolies has cut a lot of staff. I work front end and we've recently had a huge staff cut, and we don't even have self serves!
    I don't understand this! I'm all for efficiency, however it's not like Coles and woolworths are losing money! They make plenty of it. But profits over the wellbeing of their staff ****s me to tears

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm super lucky that my local Coles is a brand new one and was built as a flagship store for how it 'should' be - nice wide aisles, door greeter, huge self-serve area, and lots of open checkouts. There are never more than 2 people lined up. I LOVE it, and even though it's more exxy than the local Woolies I still shop there.

But I do still have a pet hate there though - when you're trying to get out of a busy aisle and someone wants to get in, so they just barge in and cause a traffic jam! Do they not realise that if they just let me out first there would be room for them to get into the aisle easily!?!?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    I don't understand this! I'm all for efficiency, however it's not like Coles and woolworths are losing money! They make plenty of it. But profits over the wellbeing of their staff ****s me to tears
    Apparently Woolies as a group is losing money - eg Masters, so i think that is why they are cutting staff. I'm with you about prioritising profits over staff wellbeing - and customer satisfaction too it seems!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by MillieMollyMandy View Post
    Im one of 'those people' who does their full shop on the weekend. My 2 yo DD is a nightmare in the supermarket so I go on the weekends when DH is home so I can leave her with him. I suppose I could go after 5.30pm on weekdays but its not really what I prefer to do with my evenings.
    Never realised this was annoying to other people!
    We also do our shopping at the weekend. I finish work at 6/7PM and there isn't a shop on the way home (Also i use public transport).
    The weekends are quieter for shopping here though.