+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    KEEP LEFT !!! It's not that hard to do.

For record, I do a full trolley through self serve as I'm quicker than operators ( ex checkout chick) and I hate the way they pack my bags (even after I've sorted it into sections)

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to maternidade For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (16-06-2015),GrabbyCrabby  (17-06-2015),LaDiDah  (16-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    People who do full shops on weekends! The shops ARE open after 5pm every day people! Why deal with crowds if you can go when there's less people.

Checkout operators who have no idea how to pack bags and end up squashing my bread or overloading some bags so I can barely lift them.

Gah! So many more I'm sure!
    Seriously? People who do full shops on weekends annoy you? Have you ever thought that some people don't have any other time to do it? Amazing!!!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Renesme For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (16-06-2015),beebs  (18-06-2015),Lincolns mummy  (16-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meredithgrey View Post
    Bit of over-exaggeration there?
    Yes i thought this too..must be snails working at DTs coles

6. The Following User Says Thank You to heplusme For This Useful Post:

JR03  (16-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm a trolley-through-self-serve person too. (Although I just realised, I never have more than a few bags worth, even with what's a 'big' supermarket shop for us.)
    The combination of having worked on checkouts, and our supermarkets having WAY shorter lines at the self-serve, mean that I'm through well before I would have been otherwise.

My pet peeves? Supermarkets with no self-serve!
    When I go for something specific and they're out eg. our local coles regularly runs out of soy milk.
    Checkout operators who have no idea how to pack bags (and squash my bread!).

That's about it really. People are generally not trying to bother anyone else. No need to get annoyed at people if a polite request/comment will do the job

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Renn For This Useful Post:

beebs  (18-06-2015),LaDiDah  (16-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Meat that hasn't been wrapped properly and you get blood/raw meat juice all over your hands. Gross!! And nothing around for you to wipe your hands with.

Also hate when the meat leaks into the shopping bags as we have reusable bags in SA and it ruins your bag. I just end up throwing the bag out cos it grosses me out.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to 2giraffes For This Useful Post:

Renn  (16-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/3/15100 Posts in a week
    This
    potatoes.jpg

Or buying miso paste that was a year out of date. Or yukult that was a week out of date. I don't want to continually have to check used by dates on things when it should already be done.

I hate that our local woolies took a few things off the shelves that we would regularly buy, the brand of oat milk DH gets, the Massell gravy powder...just to name a couple of things.

Customers who decide they don't want something and dump it elsewhere. I was shopping with my neighbour once and she did that. DS picked it up and went to put it back. She grabbed it off him and said "they have to earn their money somehow" like the staff don't work hard enough without her doing stupid stuff like that.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Chunkydunks For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (16-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Customers who decide they don't want something and dump it elsewhere. I was shopping with my neighbour once and she did that. DS picked it up and went to put it back. She grabbed it off him and said "they have to earn their money somehow" like the staff don't work hard enough without her doing stupid stuff like that.[/QUOTE]

Omg steam just about came out my ears reading this one!!! As an checkout operator this REALLY annoys me. Especially cold stock! It's not that well earn more money putting stock back, it's that this is on par to thieves, it's classed at a loss once we find the stock as we have to dump it, that in turn pushes prices up people!!! The positive to your comment about use by dates, if it's a fresh item, although a bit of a hassle. You can claim it as a fresh or free at Woolworths. Means you gets replacement plus your money back!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to allykat111 For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (16-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/3/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by allykat111 View Post
    Omg steam just about came out my ears reading this one!!! As an checkout operator this REALLY annoys me. Especially cold stock! It's not that well earn more money putting stock back, it's that this is on par to thieves, it's classed at a loss once we find the stock as we have to dump it, that in turn pushes prices up people!!! The positive to your comment about use by dates, if it's a fresh item, although a bit of a hassle. You can claim it as a fresh or free at Woolworths. Means you gets replacement plus your money back!
    Yeah, on the things I've bought that were out of date I got money back and free replacement. It's just the hassle of having to go back in. With those potatoes, it was Coles and the second time I'd had major issues with them so I got my refund and refused the replacement. I know they were essentially free but I could almost guarantee they'd be the same.

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I think the supermarket is dog eat dog.
    I don't blame customers for taking full trolleys through self serve, I blame Woolworths for only having one checkout open with 6 full trolleys in line (I'm prone to exaggeration so maybe it's only 3 trolleys waiting) and some pre pubescent kid in training is slowly scanning items and chatting.

I am then the irritating full trolleyed person in self serve!

Other than that:
    Hovering to chat - move on!

TEENY TINY CHILDREN's TROLLEYS - Aghhhhh! Make me irrationally angry!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to TheGooch For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (16-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ooh I thought of something that really bothers me, but stresses me rather than annoys me- when parents let their child stand on the side of the trolley. End is fine, side is NOT OK. I have seen soooo many trolleys tip over when a child stands on the side. I've also seen it happen when there's a baby in the capsule and the sibling stood on the side. Very scary. DON'T let your child do this!
    I have commented to some people, but I've had rude comments in return, so I don't comment much anymore, I just fret instead.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to CMF For This Useful Post:

GrabbyCrabby  (17-06-2015)