+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    @LoveLivesHere asking the prices of cigarettes is a pita. When i worked at woolies the price wasn't on the shelf so you had to scan it. And there are some legal implications of asking cig prices....like i don't think you are supposed to answer certain questions legally. Not 100% on that but it had to do with advertising.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AdornedWithCats For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (16-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Lol 9L in one bag? How did they even lift that?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I find the patrons far more rude and annoying than the staff. I know the endless lines are not their fault. They can't help that Woolworths are stingey b@stards that don't want to put enough staff on.

Apart from the blatant ignoring of my requests to stop putting 9L of milk in one bag it's the customers that do my head in.
    Absolutely this. Apart from when nosy checkout chick was interrogating me about pregnancy tests (this is what it felt like), I'm happy to have a chat about benign topics like the weather, work or whatever. I rarely get upset at them unless it's something that's really upsetting me (and is the fault of the checkout person/company). ie mum was once told by a male shop assistant that her signature had better match her credit card or he'd take her across his knee. So totally gross and inappropriate. Definitely worth giving an earful about.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm someone who does a big shop every 4/5 weeks and then a few little shops to top up fresh stuff in between. I really hate when the check-out chick starts going on and on about how big of a shop I'm doing and asks how many people are in my family and "whew, wish I had enough money to buy all of this stuff!" All while the people behind me are listening and sometimes join in making comments on my groceries! I purposely avoid one particular older check-out chick as she's the worst and goes really slow because of her chatting.

The worst experience I've had though was just after having my dd, I was thoroughly enjoying a very slow and leisurely shop by myself while my dh was on daddy duty as it was my first solo time since giving birth. While I was waiting at the check out, a check-out chick who looked like a supervisor as she was dressed slightly different, came and got me and told me to go up to the express Isle as they were quiet (I had about double of the maximum allowed items). As soon as I got there and started getting my stuff scanned, 3 people with two to three items appeared out of nowhere and lined up behind me! I started to get a few "tssk's" and huffs and then one of them made a comment to the other one about "can you believe the rudeness of some people?!". I tried to give a feeble explanation that I was told to come to this check out by a staff member but all I got in return was three furious glares So embarrassing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    People who do full shops on weekends! The shops ARE open after 5pm every day people! Why deal with crowds if you can go when there's less people.

Checkout operators who have no idea how to pack bags and end up squashing my bread or overloading some bags so I can barely lift them.

Gah! So many more I'm sure!
    Im one of 'those people' who does their full shop on the weekend. My 2 yo DD is a nightmare in the supermarket so I go on the weekends when DH is home so I can leave her with him. I suppose I could go after 5.30pm on weekdays but its not really what I prefer to do with my evenings.
    Never realised this was annoying to other people!

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MillieMollyMandy For This Useful Post:

LaDiDah  (16-06-2015),Little Miss Sunshine  (16-06-2015),Mezmerised  (16-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I am crazy shopper and shop 6 days out 7 most weeks, usually with 5 kids in tow. I must admit the weekday coles people are friendly. The weekend coles (other side of town near our church) is really friendly and has the best customer service.

The woollies near our house is so bad I refuse to shop their as customer service is that bad.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (16-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by AdornedWithCats View Post
    Lol 9L in one bag? How did they even lift that?
    She did - 3 X 3L cartons. It split as soon as I picked it up. She then went on to keep doing it lol I think she actually did it deliberately to p*ss me off in the end. No one can be that stupid.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

JustJaq  (16-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    I would have never put more than 1 3L milk in a plastic bag and 2 in a green bag. How silly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    She did - 3 X 3L cartons. It split as soon as I picked it up. She then went on to keep doing it lol I think she actually did it deliberately to p*ss me off in the end. No one can be that stupid.
    That when I just start taking things out and grab another bag and bag it right myself. I am a bit forthright like that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    People who stand to close in que.. are you trying to sniff my hair or pick pocket me?

When there's no iceberg lettuce left. seriously?

When theres no precut watermelon or pumpkin left.

When people push in line

Supermarkets that dont have a bakery & claim their bread is baked fresh daily

people who loyter in the aisle and act like youre rude when you say excuse me to pass

people who ram you with their trolley and dont apologize as goes for women who whack you with their hand bag squeezing past

lollies that are always the right height for children

parking. the parking sucks.

oh. and when you forget your pin. I think thats it.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to BerryDelicious For This Useful Post:

DT75  (18-06-2015)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast