+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    When there aren't enough twin trolleys. Our local woollies has 1! But Coles have no singles anymore, they are all twin ones. I would prefer to shop at woollies but can't when I have the kids with me.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (16-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    When there is only self service open.
    Recently I went shopping at 8am and my local store only had self service available. I asked for someone to serve me only to be told by the 3 woman at the service counter that no one was available. I wasn't having their crap so I left my full trolley there and walked out. The look on their face was priceless.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lincolns mummy For This Useful Post:

DT75  (18-06-2015),JR03  (16-06-2015),LaDiDah  (16-06-2015),Little Miss Sunshine  (16-06-2015),Mod-Nomsie  (16-06-2015),Mushroomme  (19-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    My biggest is don't bag my meat with anything else. I always ask for to be bagged separately when I greet the checkout person. If I don't one of the kids does.

Don't touch my food and I won't touch yours but that about it

I have enough issue keep my tribe on the straight and narrow to really take much notice of everything else.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My pet hate is not putting enough in a bag - e.g ONE thing in a bag

Other than that i'm a pretty chilled out supermarket shopper who just realised she probably p!sses everyone off.... Trolley through self service (and has DS on the scanner) or DS loading trolley full onto the conveyor belt for the check out chick and my DS likes to push the trolley (with my help)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bennos Mummy For This Useful Post:

BettyW  (16-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Another one is when they overload the bags so they end up splitting when you put them in the car. Not sure why the check out chicks feel the need to put 8 400g cat food cans in the same plastic bag!

I do use the Aldi ones or the fabric bags now though. It's still annoying when you don't have them on you & you need to pop in for s few things only to have the bag split!

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    I swear someone walked past us and muttered a swear word at dh on the weekend because he had to walk around our trolley. Sorry we didn't jump out of your way with our toddler and a full trolley! I hate rudeness. Just because you're in a rush doesn't give you an excuse to be rude. Lucky dh didn't hear him...I didn't want to mention it because it seemed so uncalled for.

Thanks
    Reviews
    As a shopper all the things listed here peeve me off. As your checkout operator... It annoys me that customers are annoyed by the time they get to the register and majority of the time it's my fault that customers are inconsiderate, impatient, have screaming kids that pull everything off the shelves forcing the operators to scurry around restocking shelves you've decided you don't want. People who answer or talk on phones while I'm serving but then get the shi&ts when I don't offer a receipt or say goodbye. Customers who leave their baskets or trolleys in the express lane when it's under a metre to the basket holder or trolley bay. Customers who feel they should wrangle a discount or free item out of everything. People who ask the price of 20 different smokes.... Don't you get it they're all bloody expensive, just give them up! And to those who say they don't want to talk about what's in your shopping or personal life... Half the time we don't really care, we're just being polite instead of ignorant not to mention if we're having our own bad day with personal issues don't go into a story about but please try say "good thank you". I could go on for ever.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to allykat111 For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (16-06-2015),CMF  (16-06-2015),munchkin275  (16-06-2015),Pusheen The Cat  (16-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I understand most of the pp but...

I don't care if the customer is the biggest b1tch in the world the are entitled to a receipt. Not offering it makes you look dodgy.

Asking a price of something that is perfectly reasonable too.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

Pusheen The Cat  (16-06-2015)

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    I hate people who are rude to the staff. And talking on your phone while someone is trying to ask you how you would like something packed, how you would like to pay, have you forgotten your loyalty card, would you like a reciept...is rude. No excuse for not asking about a reciept but when I worked at Woolies the console wouldn't automatically print a reciept for transactions less than $30 and would time out if you took too long to find out whether the customer wanted a reciept.

Please be polite to the staff if you can...they rarely do anything to purposely bug you. I once almost had someone pull a knife on me and they returned a week later and pulled a knife on someone else instead. I was just lucky the manager was hanging around at the time. You have to put up with a lot of bs working in a supermarket. So glad I'm not anymore!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I find the patrons far more rude and annoying than the staff. I know the endless lines are not their fault. They can't help that Woolworths are stingey b@stards that don't want to put enough staff on.

Apart from the blatant ignoring of my requests to stop putting 9L of milk in one bag it's the customers that do my head in.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Pusheen The Cat  (16-06-2015)