+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Supermarket Pet Hates *(Sort of Spin-off)*

From the thread about the guy who pushed in line at the supermarket; what are some of the pet hates you have about the "delights" of going shopping?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    People who stand in the middle of the aisle having a chat. Why can't they stand to one side for their little catch up.

When the checkouts are really busy so they open more but the new checkout invites the person at the end of the line to the new on rather than the person who's been waiting the longest.

In my opinion shopping is a sport not a game, you get in and out as fast as you can. Full points if you get personal best time and points get deducted if you forget anything.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mummymaybe For This Useful Post:

Mezmerised  (16-06-2015),Sabochan  (21-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    When someone parks their trolley on one side of the aisle and stands in the middle of the other side of the aisle to look at the shelf. Worse when they're hard of hearing and I have to say "excuse me" 97 times :-P

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JR03 For This Useful Post:

Rutabaga  (16-06-2015),SuperGranny  (17-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    This may upset some people, but I really don't think it's cool to use the self serve checkouts for a massive trolley full of groceries.

People who park their trolley in the middle of the aisle while they browse.

When I need a particular vegetable which is main****** and should be available but it's not (things like zucchini and cauliflower are often not available at my regular Coles).

When it's crazy busy - I really do try to pick my times to shop to avoid the chaos!

Small one, but I dislike when there's no divider available that separates your groceries from the other persons on the conveyor belt.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

Hamilicious  (16-06-2015),New Hope  (18-06-2015),Phony  (16-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I get so annoyed when I haven't even paid for my groceries but the next person Is standing at the paypass machine. Often ive had to kindly ask people to move as I have to still pay unless they are planning on footing my bill.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tinkers For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (16-06-2015),Ladydee  (16-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by mummymaybe View Post
    In my opinion shopping is a sport not a game, you get in and out as fast as you can. Full points if you get personal best time and points get deducted if you forget anything.

I love that. Some people seem to see it as a full body contact sport - not watching where they're going and ramming you with their trolley, then wandering off as if you were the one in the wrong for standing where they wanted to go.

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    my shopping centre Woolies has really narrow isles ... so it really really annoys me when people stop to chat in the isle and leave no room for anyone.

And - it annoys me when Woolies schedule only 1 checkout ... I dont always want to use self-serve, and I dont want to line up for 1/2 hr for the 1 open checkout !!!!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to BH-KatiesMum For This Useful Post:

GrabbyCrabby  (16-06-2015)

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Yes I hate just about everything mentioned!

Just the other day the lady behind me didn't use the divider and the check out lady started scanning her meat into my stuff. I corrected her, but then the check out lady scolded ME as it is was my fault? Not my responsibility to put the divider down, as when I was finished unloading no one was behind me!

I hate the rush to get a deli ticket if its particularly busy and someone is a approaching from the other side. I usually am closer but they will run and get that ticket. And then proceed to order 20 different deli items.

I definitely hate the people with the full trolley in self serve. IMO self serve should be treated a bit like express- a basket full is ok, or say 15 items in your trolley. Much more and you're just being rude.

When you're trying to get fruit or veg that is being restocked all nicely, and you choose the prices you want and the restocker glares daggers at you. Sorry to ruin your art mate, but those bananas looked the nicest and were the right size. Deal with it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My pet hate is being accidentally run up the ankles with the trolley, ouch! I swear every time I shop this happens to me, always an accident, but ouch!

The big chain supermarkets not having those laminated shop guides, where I may need one or two things, don't know which aisle and just want to know quickly.

Lastly, lollies at children's height and at the conveyor belt, grrrrr!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

GrabbyCrabby  (16-06-2015),PipersMummy  (16-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hate it when someone is standing in the checkout line and the conveyor belt is almost empty so you 'could' be loading your stuff on but can't because they're standing too far back and you can't get to it. If that makes sense. Really gives me the grumps. Especially if I'm holding a heavy basket.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

mrswhitehouse  (18-06-2015),Phony  (16-06-2015)