+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Air Fryer are they worth it ??

considering getting one, but not sure they are really worth it or that terrific
    the reviews seem to say they are but thought I would jump on here and get some more opinions
    so tell me
    was it worth it
    the pros the cons
    the best thing to make in there
    and anything else you can think of

thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We have one, it was a wedding present.
    We use it all the time, but pretty much only for chips. Chips always come out well (whether we cut up raw potatoes or throw in oven fries when we're being lazy) and I often make sweet potato & carrot chips for DD as well.
    So we probably don't use it at its full potential, but I did keep the recipe book that came with in case I ever get around to making the curries etc in it that I know it's capable of.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Total waste of money IMO! I was so disappointed with it. The chips came out exactly like they would in the oven. It's such a big unit for such a small amount of cooking capacity. Luckily we didn't pay much for it - it's sitting in storage!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love them!
    It's easier to clean than the oven and it's faster.

It's also really good for things that tend to only cook well in a deep fryer and I refused to cook in that much oil, so there are things that I previously never made, like homemade spring rolls and samosas. They're so good in the air fryer!

I haven't been too adventurous yet, but have still found it worth it. Some other things I've cooked in it are:
    Stuffed tomatoes or capsicums
    Potato, sweet potato and zucchini chips
    Crumbed chicken (snitzels and nuggets)
    Battered fish
    Some premade foods like dim sims and chiko rolls

The only con is that the basket isn't huge, so you may have to cook in a few batches if it's a large quantity. But it doesn't take long, so it's not that much hassle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have the XL model and I love it. PP that said chips were like oven chips must be talking about frozen chips but with the air fryer it's so easy to make fresh chips. I've cooked a whole chicken in it, steaks, sausages, chicken skewers, prawns to name a few and even baked a cake in it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We got one on weekend haven't used it yet

Thanks
    Reviews
    De'Longhi Australia have a comp on Facebook to win one if you're interested

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Subbing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We love ours!! we mostly use it for homemade chips and wedges. We have done a few other home made things like potato cakes, spring rolls, aranchini, onion rings, tofu nuggets and tempura veggies.

My cook book that came with the fryer had heaps of recipes. We are vegan though so most didn't appeal to us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cue View Post
    Total waste of money IMO! I was so disappointed with it. The chips came out exactly like they would in the oven. It's such a big unit for such a small amount of cooking capacity. Luckily we didn't pay much for it - it's sitting in storage!
    Our come out exactly like take away chips, not at all like oven ones. Maybe some brands are better than others.