Closed Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    GrabbyCrabby is offline She is everything I need, that I never knew I wanted... She is everything I want, that I never knew I needed...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We agreed that we would hold the power of veto if we didn't like a name, it was struck off the list, no questions asked, no explanation needed. It worked both ways, and was used a few times! Keep looking, the perfect name that you both like is out there! I'd leave lists on the fridge for DP to look at in his own time, with no pressure of having me watching his every reaction.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No. I would never give one of my children a name that my DH hated. We had the hardest time finding names and it was frustrating that we couldn't agree but if my husband gave one of our kids a name that I hated I would be beyond mad. And my husband would not get over it if I did it to him. He would be angry and heart broken. No name is worth that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My father's parents couldn't agree on a name - my grandmother loved the name Larry (*changed for privacy), my grandfather hated it. My grandfather loved the name Wally (*changed for privacy), which my grandmother hated.

My grandmother got to the registry of Births Deaths & Marriages first, so my dad was officially named Larry. My grandfather insisted on calling him Wally. So for his entire life he's been called Larry by some people, and Wally by others, depending on who introduced him. He doesn't mind.... But I wouldn't suggest doing that to your kid...It gets confusing :|

I'd suggest that you say to hubby that he needs to come to you with a list of 3 serious names that he really likes, and the reasons he likes them (even if it's just that it sounds nice), or bub gets called your choice of name. That should sort out how serious he is about it. I hope you can come up with something you both agree on x

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Frankenmum For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (16-06-2015)

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    No I would never.
    Our DS is ours. We're a partnership. And for us, our partnership would be broken if one of us named our child something the other hated.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TheGooch For This Useful Post:

amyd  (16-06-2015),BettyV  (16-06-2015),GluttonForPunishment  (16-06-2015),Molros  (16-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Definitely not. Both DP and I brought our daughter to the world and share her responsibilities.

I wrote a name list as did DP. We then either ticked or crossed out names on the other persons list to create a list we were both happy with.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mamasupial For This Useful Post:

Molros  (16-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    No, but DS1 does have a middle name that I don't like. However it's a family name on DH's side so I do like the symbolism.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I could never name my child a name that dh doesn't like. It's his baby too and he gets an equal say. Dh and I couldn't agree on a girls name at all and we're lucky that we didn't have a girl as I'm guessing she still wouldn't have a name 15 months later!

I would suggest you both going back to the drawing board to find a name you both love.

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yep i couldn't name my child something that my hubby hated, its both of our child so we should both agree on the name.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I couldn't name a child something it's father didn't like. Imagine if he did the same to you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    No way, and I'm sorry if this sounds rude but you have no more right to name your baby than he does. It is definitely a decision that needs to be made together.

How long until you are due? My DH is a bit of a procrastinator and doesn't always see things as being necessary to do or discuss when I do, but that doesn't mean he isn't interested or thinking about it. Unless your baby was actually here I don't think it's fair to be considering naming your bub something your husband hates just because he hasn't made other suggestions.

We are expecting our second (a girl) and I've had heaps of trouble coming up with any names. My DH had a name he loved and I didn't like it, but couldn't come up with any other suggestions for months. I'd be devastated if he thought it was fair to just name her the name he liked anyway!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bubintummy For This Useful Post:

DT75  (16-06-2015),GluttonForPunishment  (16-06-2015)

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast